Antonio

Bris Vegas

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And would we really have made such an offer without the knowledge that they would be completely against the idea of them selling him to us ?..

think their may be more to this than just us chancing our arm with a cheeky bid etc..

"It remains unclear if Antonio will feature in the starting line-up against Walsall tomorrow night, as Forest begin their campaign in the Capital One Cup" from the Notts Post.

Don't get me wrong I personally don't want to sign him anymore than they want to sell him to us. It just appears to me they don't want to devalue the lad by getting him cup tied. 

Looks like he a gonner which ever way this plays out. 

I can smell a Gump meltdown in the air :lol:

tbf he scares the ***** out of defenses and most of the balls played to him at notts are in the air. Imagine what he could do with proper footballers around him!!!.

14 goals 14 assists, how can we not want him?.

£5-6 mill maybe too much for him but if he helps us win promotion it's a snip.

People saying he is no better than what we have but I would argue he is at least different to what we have..

hes strong and quick and can shift and out muscle defending players at this level..

his body language the other night against Brighton tells me he might want away and maybe why we have shown an interest knowing that fact..

Time will tell...

I'm not sure how or why people can suggest that 5 million is "too much" for him.

We're trying to sign our arch rivals best player. They're not going to turn round and say 'oh okay, tell you what Mr Rush, you can have him for £2 million' are they..

Also, with the summer Jamaica have just had maybe he wants a bit of international football. Being as he's watched Dawks play in the Gold Cup and Copa America.. You just never know.

He's very different to what we have. 

Last season I would have been dead against this signing, but we've changed our whole system around. I'm not convinced that it will happen or that he would be a good signing. 

However, at the moment, I'm open to all ideas and systems until we fall on one that works. 

McCleary would be good alternative. 

Hes a good player, quick, powerful and direct. Its already been said but he absolutely scares the **** out of defenders and wouldn't mind getting him personally. However I struggle as it is to pick an obvious starting 11.

Cant help but think that this '£5 million' could be better spent elsewhere, possibly on a Hughes replacement if his injury is as bad as feared. Possibly Tom Carroll? Like for like?

Hes a good player, quick, powerful and direct. Its already been said but he absolutely scares the **** out of defenders and wouldn't mind getting him personally. However I struggle as it is to pick an obvious starting 11.

Cant help but think that this '£5 million' could be better spent elsewhere, possibly on a Hughes replacement if his injury is as bad as feared. Possibly Tom Carroll? Like for like?

If we were to sign a centre mid I'd hope for someone like Bridcutt or Guediora, Carroll has been disappointing at near enough every club he's played for

I tell you what.. He was the only player that scared me last season against us. That either speaks volumes about him or just shows a lack in quality in the forest squad. Regardless I think he's a class player. I would like to see us sign Pritchard though.. Brilliant season at Brentford. 

If we were to sign a centre mid I'd hope for someone like Bridcutt or Guediora, Carroll has been disappointing at near enough every club he's played for

Guediora is a great shout! He was superb against us for Watford at PP last season!

If you look at how much we paid for Ince, we've over bid by £4.5m for Antonio. 

This would be that "wow" signing, wow, we've got more money than sense and goes against everything that was said about any players coming in must be good enough to improve us. 

What's going on here then? I doubt Nottinghams local media would report something that doesn't have any semblance of truth to it and risk unsettling their best player. Unless Forest want shot of him for some reason

Archived