Antonio

Bris Vegas

In the current market I actually think he's worth 5 million, the guys a game changer, proven at this level and bags a few goals.

The trouble is the scum will never sell him to us, i think Fawaz hates our club with a passion now and even if we uped the bid by another 3 mill or so it still wouldn't happen. 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People knock this guy because he plays for Forest but he is a fantastic player and I would have him. He got like 14 goals and 14 assists last season or about that. Considering what money is now being spent on and asked for attacking players who play in this league or are intended to play in this league, £5m would be good business. Will do far more than the likes of Downing at a fraction the wages and with resale value. 

Not sure what anyone who isn't a forest supporter sees in him.

Quick and strong but has zero footballing intelligence whatsoever.

Wouldn't fit in our team at all - we try and play football, not hoofball.

I disagree to be honest. I've watched him a few times, and I don't think they play hoofball because they have Antonio, that's just how they play so it's all you see of him.

Even today when they were generally poor, and other times, you saw numerous attempts from him to hold up the ball and other signs like that that he has a footballing brain. I'm not trying to add extra digs just because it's forest but I genuinely think a lot of the times his obviously selfish play is because he lacks a lot of faith in Forest's attackers. 

He was full of assists when Assombalonga was in the team, and watching footage of their play early last season he was far far more than just quick and strong.

It's not going to happen, no way would Fawaz allow it to happen for one, but I would happily take him here, he's far better than Forest make him look.

Can't say if he was good or not v Brighton.

He was ALL they had. When he's the only player they go to how can he not be the biggest attacking threat? He's strong and fast. 

Reckon the best Champ defenders would see him into a corner. 

Seems greedy as he was at Wednesday but it's hard to say when there's no one to pass to. 

Do we want a ball carrier? Someone who can run from A to B? We have a team based on passing the ball. Not running solo. 

Not exactly a rare breed. Brighton had one who played equally as well. LuaLua. So he's not cheap 

Players like Ince and Russell just mix it up a bit better?

Can't say if he was good or not v Brighton.

He was ALL they had. When he's the only player they go to how can he not be the biggest attacking threat? He's strong and fast. 

Reckon the best Champ defenders would see him into a corner. 

Seems greedy as he was at Wednesday but it's hard to say when there's no one to pass to. 

Do we want a ball carrier? Someone who can run from A to B? We have a team based on passing the ball. Not running solo. 

Not exactly a rare breed. Brighton had one who played equally as well. LuaLua. So he's not cheap 

Players like Ince and Russell just mix it up a bit better?

Having a 'ball-runner' IMo is fairly important if the rest of the team lack this attribute. Makes it easy for the opposition to be compact and just let us pass it infront of them.

But we've got Ince, Russell, Weimann and even Dawkins who can offer us that. And they're all far more intelligent than Antonio.

I see the logic in going for another winger though. Russell, Weimann, Ince, Martin and Bent are our attacking players, and only one of them is a natural wide player with four of the five preferring a role through the middle.

But there is nothing to gain from buying Antonio for five million. I can't see how this will dent Forest, if anything it will help them. At the moment they're stuck with a one-dimensional player and they rely on him badly, let it stay like that.

Hate to call on stats but Antonio has an absolutely dreadful pass rate.

Headless chicken, just as much, if not even more so, as Ward. Don't see anything that he can add to the team whatsoever and it'll be a step backwards in what we already have in technical ability.

Mel, mate, if you're reading this and the story is true, do not go through with this I implore you. Instead of blowing any amount of money on this goon could you please spare me £20 for a new toilet seat? Much better investment.

As has been said, it would be ridiculous to pay £5m for him when last season he was apparently worth £1.5m. I really hope this is mind games, getting into Antonio's head and making him wantaway and distracted. A bit like that time by Nige on the eve of playing the gumps, saying we might bid for Blackstock. The guy had been on fire, but ended up having a dreadful game against us and going off the boil.

If their best player loses focus, then it's a long season of relegation dogfights ahead.

Tbf, passing is his only real weakness and it's a bit unfair or you to criticise him just for that. (due to his assists from last season)

It's a bit like saying we've bid for Nahki Wells, but his heading is a bit off.

You take a player who has 8 out of 10 aspects pretty much maxed out and its all about fine tuning the other 1/2 out.

£5 million is a solid offer and has come at a pretty much perfect time.

Hate to call on stats but Antonio has an absolutely dreadful pass rate.

Headless chicken, just as much, if not even more so, as Ward. Don't see anything that he can add to the team whatsoever and it'll be a step backwards in what we already have in technical ability.

Mel, mate, if you're reading this and the story is true, do not go through with this I implore you. Instead of blowing any amount of money on this goon could you please spare me £20 for a new toilet seat? Much better investment.

there you go again......

Archived