Confirmed: The style of football will change

Ambitious

Back on topic......hope the new formation doesn't include Grant kicking it to Fozzy's head on the half way line.

WTF was Mac thinking with that one?

He was thinking 'it worked well when Buxton did it from open play, so maybe it will work in different situations'

Unfortunately he'd lose all sense of context and was simply trying to imitate something that only worked due to a specific circumstance.

Imitation and replication are completely different things, as the 1884 group will discover if they hope to have 'the Brighton play off' atmosphere at more than a handful of games next season.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news or bad, I'm not sure, but George Thorne confirmed that Clement is changing the style of play. 

He mentioned that the players are slowly picking up on what he wants to do, but it's difficult as we played a certain way under McClaren and now looking to change it. 

I guess we will find out more on Saturday.

as long as it does not involve Warnock in CDM role players will adapt just fine.

i am still puzzled why players have not seen the new way ...as we tried loads of formations in last 12 games....including the wardrobe on the left wing :-)  it was as if Christie had been injured and we had used up all of our subs !! 

Back on topic......hope the new formation doesn't include Grant kicking it to Fozzy's head on the half way line.

maybe was trying to encourage grant to not kick short and straigh downcentre of pitch to opposition ........ Failed miserably at millwall 

4-1-2-1-2(aka the diamond formation)

Grant

new rb   Keogh Shackell   Forsyth

Bridcutt

Thorne

Hughes

Ince

Martin  

Weimann

Something ambiguous like this 

My penis has more width. 

It got boring for me around the 20th time it didn't work. What about you?

I seem to remember a similar thing under Jim Smith when he first arrived but it was from kick off. Gabbiadini would line up on the wing we'd kick off back to midfield who would launch it wide to Gabb to head back central towards Sturridge. 

Maybe it was Mac's idea, he could have a kind of fettish for for that sort of thing. Needless to say it didn't last long. 

I think he'll choose the 11 players he likes most, tell them to go into a huddle to decide who plays where, then they can run on to the pitch and get on with it! That's as likely as some of the suggestions on here!

We are the new UnReal Madrid, that is how we will aim to play. It must be quite a change because Paul Clement said it would take the whole of the PreSeason to get them to understand how he wants them to play.

Also known as giving himself time if we are grabage

Although sometimes pleasing on the eye , I sometimes found mclarens style of play frustrating and one dimensional ! A change is as good as the rest ! 

Why did it frustrate you? It was the best football we have played for over 10 years, (last 6 weeks apart)

I think we might start playing possession football in the championship.

Seeing the training videos they are playing 11v11 keepsies, we no doubt have the players and one thing that struck me about it is if we employ the Barca tactics of wearing an opponent down and then upping the pace with their attack.

Just imagine it, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Weimann, Ince and Martin all working together to tire an opponent and then when they smell blood up the tempo which will cause a lot of Championship teams to collapse.

Why wouldn't Martin and Bent work? I can't think of a more ideal partnership. It worked brilliantly against Wigan away.

Looked good against Watford when Marti came on as well. First thing Martin did was drop deep turn and put Bent 1 on 1 with the keeper. 

Archived