Confirmed: The style of football will change

Ambitious

Someone else then lol

I doubt we're getting another DM. McClaren relied on DM's, Clement's previous teams (as assistant) haven;t.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon that's the type of thing that we will be playing. Weimann further up front than Martin to stretch the game. 

Not Bent? And why have Bridcutt behind Thorne when you can have Thorne there and play Hendrick next to Hughes? Let's play players we actually have shall we?

Not Bent? And why have Bridcutt behind Thorne when you can have Thorne there and play Hendrick next to him? Let's play players we actually have shall we?

I don't think Martin and Bent will work together. IMO it will be Weimann+ Martin or Bent up front. I don't think that Weimann has been brought in to be a wide man

I don't think Martin and Bent will work together. IMO it will be Weimann+ Martin or Bent up front. I don't think that Weimann has been brought in to be a wide man

I don't think he has either. I think he's been brought in to come off the bench. Martin and Bent first choice, until form/injuries/suspensions hit and we can change it up.

I don't think he has either. I think he's been brought in to come off the bench. Martin and Bent first choice, until form/injuries/suspensions hit and we can change it up.

In fairness, I'm not sure Bent is better than Weimann. I'd say it's more likely Bent starts the season and is an impact sub on the bench than Weimann.

Would be pretty easy for the opposition to face both Martin and Bent together because neither have got great pace  so the opposition can push up high because they know that neither are going to ruin in behind their defence, just like wigan did last season(before bent arrived here.) Weimann would stretch the game

4-1-2-1-2(aka the diamond formation)

Grant

new rb   Keogh Shackell   Forsyth

Bridcutt

Thorne

Hughes

Ince

Martin  

Weimann

Something ambiguous like this 

I like the way this one snakes around. Will that confuse the opposition as well as our own players?

I like the way this one snakes around. Will that confuse the opposition as well as our own players?

That's how it will be in the actual game I'm predicting.

On the tv and stuff the midfield and forward line will more likely to be shown like this

Bridcutt(if he comes)

Thorne        Hughes

Ince

Weimann Martin

That's how it will be in the actual game I'm predicting.

On the tv and stuff the midfield and forward line will more likely to be shown like this

Bridcutt(if he comes)

Thorne        Hughes

Ince

Weimann Martin

Relies far too heavily on the full backs to provide width. 

Only hindsight will tell us but if we can cut down the amount the CBs and GK pass between each other and we end up doing nothing I'd say that's a good thing.

Not sure this deserved a new thread :lol:

there's a helluva lot worse threads than this, believe you me. Forums' gone to the dogs, i say, gone to the dogs!

there's a helluva lot worse threads than this, believe you me. Forums' gone to the dogs, i say, gone to the dogs!

Every teams' forum has been with the dogs for the whole close season :lol: we need the football to start!

personal fave

Grant

christie

keogh 

pearce

fozzy

hughes

thorne

russell

weimann

Bent

Martin

personal fave

Grant

christie

keogh 

pearce

fozzy

hughes

thorne

russell

weimann

Bent

Martin

Blimey...

Maybe he'd do something similar to how Real Madrid works. They have two "inside forwards" on the wings (Ince and Weimann) and someone playing in the style of Benzema (who draws defenders away or occupies them whilst the inside forwards cut in). 

Probably expects the midfielders to fill in the gaps wide when they cut in (Khedira and Kroos did this quite well, pinging balls back into the box from a wider position when the box is overloaded), might explain why we're going for people who can play in more than one position comfortably.

Archived