Confirmed: The style of football will change

Ambitious

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon he'll go long ball, long throws, obstructing the opposition keeper at free kicks and corners, aggressive intimidation...

that sort of thing.

Analysing Real Madrid last season compared to their previous season they really missed Garcia playing the fast paced through balls to the front three and relied too much on the full backs defending against two midfielders. As a result I think we will try and eminate the Real Madrid team of 2013/14 with a formation as such:

Grason

Shottie          Keotosa     Pearton        Warnyth

Thornaird

Hughes                              Brysick

Weimsell                  Bentin                      Ince

Analysing Real Madrid last season compared to their previous season they really missed Garcia playing the fast paced through balls to the front three and relied too much on the full backs defending against two midfielders. As a result I think we will try and eminate the Real Madrid team of 2013/14 with a formation as such:

Grason

Thornaird

Errr...

Grason

Thornaird

Am I missing something here? Who is garcia?

Personally I'd like to see 4231, but I'd have Chris Martin as the striker. As soon as he drops back he becomes far less effective. I also think that 4231 is a solid formation for if we happen to get promoted. It can be used defensively if we're being outclassed or offensively for when we play the 'lesser' teams. The earlier we start practising the better.

Yet, I read something about Clement where he advised a junior coach to play with three at the back. I have a sneaking suspicion we just might see 352 or some close variant.

4-2-3-1

grant

RB    Albentosa  Pearce  forsyth

Thorne     Bridcutt?

Ince         Wiemann       Russell

Martin

Bent on Bench

Hughes sold 

Maybe he'd do something similar to how Real Madrid works. They have two "inside forwards" on the wings (Ince and Weimann) and someone playing in the style of Benzema (who draws defenders away or occupies them whilst the inside forwards cut in). 

Probably expects the midfielders to fill in the gaps wide when they cut in (Khedira and Kroos did this quite well, pinging balls back into the box from a wider position when the box is overloaded), might explain why we're going for people who can play in more than one position comfortably.

You mean exactly the way we were playing under McClaren?

I don't think Martin and Bent will work together. IMO it will be Weimann+ Martin or Bent up front. I don't think that Weimann has been brought in to be a wide man

Why wouldn't Martin and Bent work? I can't think of a more ideal partnership. It worked brilliantly against Wigan away.

You mean exactly the way we were playing under McClaren?

McClaren used the centre forward as a pivot for the inside forwards to run past, with the full backs filling in the gaps wide. Ancelotti uses the midfielders to do that job instead with full backs staying predominantly defensive.

4-2-3-1

grant

RB    Albentosa  Pearce  forsyth

Thorne     Bridcutt?

Ince         Wiemann       Russell

Martin

Bent on Bench

Hughes sold 

Not a target for us.  Also we have a  RB called Cyrus Christie/Ryan Shotton/Chris Baird

Personally I'd like to see 4231, but I'd have Chris Martin as the striker. As soon as he drops back he becomes far less effective. I also think that 4231 is a solid formation for if we happen to get promoted. It can be used defensively if we're being outclassed or offensively for when we play the 'lesser' teams. The earlier we start practising the better.

Yet, I read something about Clement where he advised a junior coach to play with three at the back. I have a sneaking suspicion we just might see 352 or some close variant.

I'd be very surprised if we play 3 at the back, having bought Ince - I just don't see where he fits in that kind of system.

I don't get why people are so desperate to play 4231 either.  We need to be setting up to get the best out of our best players.  In my mind that's Martin, Hughes, Ince and Thorne.  Martin and Hughes are the interesting ones, because to get the best out of those, you need to play the ball into their feet and have players running beyond them.  If we play a 4231, Hughes either sits a lot deeper and so is less involved in the final third (which is a waste IMO). Or he gets pushed a lot further forward, gets less of the ball, and is expected to be the one doing the running and goalscoring beyond Martin (which again is a waste of Hughes, he's not a runner or a goalscorer).  The central 3 with Thorne sitting, Hughes floating/linking things up and Bryson/Hendrick running on suits everybody IMO.

Overall, I suspect we'll see minor tweaks compared to McClaren's team - some players might sit a little deeper, some might push on a bit more etc.  But I'll be surprised (and probably quite disappointed) if there's a major shift in the way we play football.

The new system will be a 4-2-3-1. The fullbacks will no longer bomb forward at any given moment. 

As it stands it will be:

Grant

Shotton  Keogh  Buxton  Forsyth

Thorne   Hughes

Ince         Weimann         Russell

Martin

Because of this system we have so many options. Hendrick and Bryson for CM too. Bent, Calero, Bennett, Dawkins in various roles as part of the front 4 while the others in the front 4 in the formation as showed will also be able to rotate into other positions. 

I suspect that this new big name signing for a big fee or whatever this so called rumor is, is for another player to be apart of that front 4. Because although we have a strong line up/ front 4, Bent, Calero, Bennett and Dawkins are probably not being seen as strong enough backup together. Especially when we consider that we could easily have 2 injuries at any one time or some might go on loan. I don't expect us to sign a non versatile front man. It will be someone who is perhaps capable of playing in anyone of the front 4 positions and will likely take Russell's place in the starting lineup. 

personal fave

Grant

christie

keogh 

pearce

fozzy

hughes

thorne

russell

weimann

Bent

Martin