David Mcgoldrick

satty atwal

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right not for one minute am i saying we should get him, but for arguments sake clement plays same/similar system to mclaren with a pivot up top, ie martin, with bent on bench, what if a repeat of last season happens and we get injuries up top? Bent is injury prone and we know what hamstrings are like, ward cough cough, ive read suggestions weimann russell thomas etc.... with the exception of weimann, the others looked lost in the pivot role, hence why i feel another option similar to martin is required, not necessarily mcgoldrick but someone of that ilk.

#JustSaying

The more I think about it: he has a year left on his deal and we are spending money. 

I bet it's his agent trying to push for a better deal at Ipswich, or drum up interest in his signature. Maybe McGoldrick fancies a move here? I don't know. 

I just highly doubt it's true, makes little sense. By all accounts, he's had one half decent season at this level. 14 goals is the most he's managed in a single season. I don't think he's even a link-up player either.

Because if you swap Weimann for Ward we failed to reach the playoffs with the same forward line last season. Injuries to Bent (who has a poor recent injury record) and Martin (once a hamstring goes it is always likely to reoccur) and we might be in a similar situation, although I'd hope that Clement would deal with it better than McClaren did.  I would imagine that Mel Morris is trying to do all he can to make promotion as likely as possible.

Which would be all well and good if we were talking about a good young up and comer who would come cheap and better happy to play second fiddle, rather than a player who I recall being rated around £5 million not too long ago. To my knowledge he's not off contract, and as such I highly doubt there's much to this without another going first. 

a quote off the  Ipswich forum

" boysinblue added 10:13 - Jul 8
Derby are like the Man City of the Championship, just trying to buy their way to the premiership. No one likes you, hands off our players!! I think mcgoldrick could be the difference between us going up this season, for that reason I wouldn't consider anything less than 5 mil, and even then, after consideration I'd politely tell them to do one!  "

the cheeky  B $ & ^ ( " d   ...  CANT COMPREHEND     NO ONE LIKES YOU  ...   ,    and if he thinks that McGoldrick  is the difference in Ipswich  going up  this season ...   well he,s more deluisional  than his post  

I rate McGoldrick as a player but I wouldn't want him at Derby. 

He's to injury prone and offers nothing more than what we already have.

Nixon days this isn't his 'big name' signing he's been on about. Still no mention of a name from him 

Archived