David Mcgoldrick

satty atwal

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If, and it is a big IF given the source, this were to happen, all it would prove is that some fans have a rather over-inflated opinion of their ability to judge and condemn a player.

he's  sh-t

Yeah brilliant effort @eddie. 

That should be at least one more like for me, perhaps 2?

Del goes to away matches

:P

Maybe Clement will play a 2-up-top system. If you think back to Watford's striking options - they had Deeney, Ighalo, Vydra, Forestieri and Ranegie on the bench. In comparison, Bent, Martin, McGoldrick sounds strong but not necessarily over the top! Especially after our injury crisis last season.

Wouldnt want to pay much though as Weimann can play up top too, and CB and DM should definitely be priorities!

Maybe Clement will play a 2-up-top system. If you think back to Watford's striking options - they had Deeney, Ighalo, Vydra, Forestieri and Ranegie on the bench. In comparison, Bent, Martin, McGoldrick sounds strong but not necessarily over the top! Especially after our injury crisis last season.

Wouldnt want to pay much though as Weimann can play up top too, and CB and DM should definitely be priorities!

By all accounts, Weimann is a striker first and foremost that can also play on the wing. Villa fans all seem to agree that his strongest position is as a central striker so I'd imagine that's where we'll see him play for us. We wouldn't spend (rumoured) £2.5 million on a player that would then play out of position...

Now if your assumption is correct and our new system utilises 2 central strikers, then we need 4 available within the squad; Martin, Bent, Weimann, McGoldrick would be very impressive in the Championship.

The only thing I'm therefore worried about is the fee. If his fee has remained the same and he's still valued at £4 million+ that's too much money to be spent on a 4th choice striker. The only way I can see this being the case is if Martin is leaving and we're scouting replacements for him?

By all accounts, Weimann is a striker first and foremost that can also play on the wing. Villa fans all seem to agree that his strongest position is as a central striker so I'd imagine that's where we'll see him play for us. We wouldn't spend (rumoured) £2.5 million on a player that would then play out of position...

Now if your assumption is correct and our new system utilises 2 central strikers, then we need 4 available within the squad; Martin, Bent, Weimann, McGoldrick would be very impressive in the Championship.

The only thing I'm therefore worried about is the fee. If his fee has remained the same and he's still valued at £4 million+ that's too much money to be spent on a 4th choice striker. The only way I can see this being the case is if Martin is leaving and we're scouting replacements for him?

We're probably just putting the feelers out as a precaution. I can't see Martin going!

We're probably just putting the feelers out as a precaution. I can't see Martin going!

I wouldn't want him to leave but it all depends on this new system. Martin was so effective for us previously because our formation/style of play suited him to the ground. If that infrastructure changes, I honestly don't know if he'll be as good as he has been thus far.

In that sense, is it worth cashing in now? I know that seems an outrageous thing to say but if Martin doesn't work as part of a front 2 the  he's not going to be of much use to us if that's the system we choose to utilise... His value could be 2, maybe 3 times higher at the minute than it will be following a potentially poor next campaign with us.

At first, Martin wasn't good enough for most of us. Bent ain't good enough for some of us at the moment. Mcgoldrick, who was valued over £8m year ago, ain't good enough for most us...

Bring back Michael Owen, I say.

Archived