David Mcgoldrick

satty atwal

Which would be all well and good if we were talking about a good young up and comer who would come cheap and better happy to play second fiddle, rather than a player who I recall being rated around £5 million not too long ago. To my knowledge he's not off contract, and as such I highly doubt there's much to this without another going first. 

I'm not particularly attached to the idea of buying McGoldrick as such, rather suggesting that we could do with another striker. My preference would be to scour the world for the best 18 year old 'Chris Martin' style striker who would lead the line in the U21s but be ready to provide cover if Martin was unavailable. However, the one unknown is how, even whether, Paul Clement uses Chris Martin. It could be that Martin is a sub and only used when a different option is needed. Then I'd say we still need another striker, but perhaps a different style of player.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a quote off the  Ipswich forum

" boysinblue added 10:13 - Jul 8
Derby are like the Man City of the Championship, just trying to buy their way to the premiership. No one likes you, hands off our players!! I think mcgoldrick could be the difference between us going up this season, for that reason I wouldn't consider anything less than 5 mil, and even then, after consideration I'd politely tell them to do one!  "

the cheeky  B $ & ^ ( " d   ...  CANT COMPREHEND     NO ONE LIKES YOU  ...   ,    and if he thinks that McGoldrick  is the difference in Ipswich  going up  this season ...   well he,s more deluisional  than his post  

Can you post the link to the whole thread on here mate? Would like to see what the other people are saying

Ipswich fans seem to think a Striker will be going, and they don't see McGoldrick coming to Derby as unrealistic even though many of them would be "gutted". 

But just have to wait and see. I doubt, if Shackell was the next target, will be signing anyone before we either sign him or another CB on the list. Derby seem to be tunnel visioned, going after one at a time.

I'm going to go against the consensus on this one. I'm not suggesting it's happening, but..

If this involved Sammon plus a modest fee, then I'd be happy with McGoldrick as our 3rd choice/cover CF. He would fit our system pretty well. 

Tin hat on.

Put like that then I can see where you're coming from. However the fact that they supposedly turned down £8m for him last season is concerning.

That's a bit harsh mate. He is a very good championship player and is a huge improvement on sammon

Injury prone... Also it's a speculation anyway.

I quite like the look of McGoldrick, offers something different from Martin and Bent. A lot of goals from clean strikes from outside the box, rather than the poaching and bundling style of Bent and Martin.

Thorne and Bent are injury prone. I guess we should get rid of them

I'm talking lots of 'injury' not a once or 2. Don't compare these to Ipswich donkey injury record many thanks. :)

The Trees used to refer to him as "McGoalDrought". Has he become useful since them days? Not a rhetorical question - he's just a player I don't know anything about.

Played very well the season before last. Last season he was disrupted due to an injury. 

Archived