David Mcgoldrick

satty atwal

Why does everyone think this will break our transfer record? Far from it. If we in for him this will be as well as a record signing. Mcgoldrick hardly a wow signing, and wont cost anywhere near what has been suggested. 12 months ago yes would have been costly, not now.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone think this will break our transfer record? Far from it. If we in for him this will be as well as a record signing. Mcgoldrick hardly a wow signing, and wont cost anywhere near what has been suggested. 12 months ago yes would have been costly, not now.

Could this signing possibly mean that we are going to play 2 up front with martin,bent,weimann and mcgoldrick all rotating? I remember clement saying that he wants his team at its peak towards the end of the season. Only way to do this is to rotate.

Usual Chuckle Merchants on here again this morning I see.  Not saying I want to lose Martin and not saying I want to sign McGoldrick. But one is apparently a genius worth c£10-£12m and the other is a bit of lump worth no more than say £1-2m.  I am not into stats, but I know a good few of you are, but I suspect there isn't a great deal of difference in career stats between the two in respect of goals scored, assists, Mickey Mouse caps, etc.

If this is true then someone should smack the back of Chris Evans's legs. 

If this is true, Chris Evans is on smack.

Because if you swap Weimann for Ward we failed to reach the playoffs with the same forward line last season. Injuries to Bent (who has a poor recent injury record) and Martin (once a hamstring goes it is always likely to reoccur) and we might be in a similar situation, although I'd hope that Clement would deal with it better than McClaren did.  I would imagine that Mel Morris is trying to do all he can to make promotion as likely as possible.

Nothing to do with the forward line, we conceded 17 goals in our last 10 games - The defence is why we failed to go up!

Before his injury he was one of the best strikers in the division. I know this purely because I had him in my championship dream team and he was the only player who scored me any points!!!

Ilson...........I think your post says more about your ability to choose a championship dream team than McGoldricks firepower!. :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with the forward line, we conceded 17 goals in our last 10 games - The defence is why we failed to go up!

Yet it was when the forward line was disrupted that the defence folded. I would argue that the two weren't unconnected. Without Martin we didn't retain possession and with Ince and Lingard playing the fullbacks got no support from the wide attackers. The lack of a proper holding midfielder certainly exacerbated the problem, but the changes to the attack certainly contributed to our dire defending.

I'm going to go against the consensus on this one. I'm not suggesting it's happening, but..

If this involved Sammon plus a modest fee, then I'd be happy with McGoldrick as our 3rd choice/cover CF. He would fit our system pretty well. 

Tin hat on.

If, and it is a big IF given the source, this were to happen, all it would prove is that some fans have a rather over-inflated opinion of their ability to judge and condemn a player.

Archived