Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

Personally I believe Hughes is at least £10million. This is nothing to do with me running a club :lol: however...

Ross McCormack/Rhodes/Deeney - all championship players not in their youth priced over £10million

Zaha/Ince/Barnes - Young Championship players who moved to increase potential which didn't work out

Technically speaking Hughes is the second youngest player for England under 21s only beaten by the alltime goalscorer Rooney

He has bags of experience at such a young age

He won player of the year when he was 19/20 for a top championship club

He has been linked will a heap of clubs since his debut.

Looking at these his CV does merit such large fees.

I doubt hughes will go as he seems a grounded lad, loving living in Derby and I doubt at his age he would up and move to Newcastle (a badly run club) when you look at whats going on behind the scenes at Derby now, I know if I was him I would relish the chance of being the main player to get us promoted and try and prove myself in the premier league.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just thrown the towel in for Cam. I think he is taking too much punishment (a bit unnecessarily so).

Not seen anyone carried out of the forum feet-first for quite a while, but it's on the cards.

Well when your argument makes no sense to me I don't see the point in it. You keep saying something about Djuricic and 5 years? He moved to Benfica 2 years ago. Then another argument of yours is experience. You keep claiming players who have played in the top leagues but have played less games than Hughes don't have the experience he does. Playing against teams like Rotherham and Charlton are a bit different from playing against teams like Man City and Arsenal.

I just made a comment about Hughes' value being around £5 million if he wasn't English and you've turned it into some big argument. Of course I don't want us to sell him for £5 million, I'd hope we could get a lot nearer the 15-20 mark if he were to leave. My comment wasn't me trying to criticise Hughes, it was more of a criticism to the English player market and how inflated their prices are. Sorry if I've said something out of line

Ah sorry, 5 years was his move to Heerenveen. It was two years ago, but I'm still struggling to find many details about his move and the situation around him. From what I do know, his contract appears to have only had a year to run and was older. 

Gerard Deulofeu has about 60 appearances above Barcelona B, many of these off the bench. To put this in context:

Will Hughes minutes: 10,256

Gerard Deulofeu minutes: 2,569

That is, of the order of 4 times the minutes. Again, I don't know why you're even bringing up the Deulofeu deal considering what it is, and that it's certainly not from a club in a similar position to us (that is, a club selling off a player they won't use, but having clauses to get him back should he come good in the future). You equally note him "playing against Man City and Arsenal", when he barely played against any such top sides. In fact, in his season in the Premier League he played a grad total of what... 82 minutes against Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool and Chelsea combined, this being in many different appearances. Hughes played 76 minutes against Chelsea this season, if "playing big teams" is the only measure you're using for experience, Hughes has done plenty. 

That isn't to say Deulofeu isn't a good player, he appears to be, but he's older, hasn't had the same kind of experience, wasn't central to the side he was at, and left under different circumstances to what we're talking. As mentioned, the situation around him isn't the same, and any fee is irrelevant, the rest is just an aside. 

Again, Juanmi has experience, in a good league and so forth, but the release clause (something Hughes isn't known to have) makes him irrelevant to the discussion as well. 

So again, it's not that you've said something out of line, you just don't have anything to back the claim. Where are all these Hughes level players going about for £5 million. You state it so confidently as a fair price, but where are the clubs like us overseas selling these Hughes like players for £5 million without their hands being forced (i.e. release clauses)? 

Ah sorry, 5 years was his move to Heerenveen. It was two years ago, but I'm still struggling to find many details about his move and the situation around him. From what I do know, his contract appears to have only had a year to run and was older. 

Gerard Deulofeu has about 60 appearances above Barcelona B, many of these off the bench. To put this in context:

Will Hughes minutes: 10,256

Gerard Deulofeu minutes: 2,569

That is, of the order of 4 times the minutes. Again, I don't know why you're even bringing up the Deulofeu deal considering what it is, and that it's certainly not from a club in a similar position to us (that is, a club selling off a player they won't use, but having clauses to get him back should he come good in the future). You equally note him "playing against Man City and Arsenal", when he barely played against any such top sides. In fact, in his season in the Premier League he played a grad total of what... 82 minutes against Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool and Chelsea combined, this being in many different appearances. Hughes played 76 minutes against Chelsea this season, if "playing big teams" is the only measure you're using for experience, Hughes has done plenty. 

That isn't to say Deulofeu isn't a good player, he appears to be, but he's older, hasn't had the same kind of experience, wasn't central to the side he was at, and left under different circumstances to what we're talking. As mentioned, the situation around him isn't the same, and any fee is irrelevant, the rest is just an aside. 

Again, Juanmi has experience, in a good league and so forth, but the release clause (something Hughes isn't known to have) makes him irrelevant to the discussion as well. 

So again, it's not that you've said something out of line, you just don't have anything to back the claim. Where are all these Hughes level players going about for £5 million. You state it so confidently as a fair price, but where are the clubs like us overseas selling these Hughes like players for £5 million without their hands being forced (i.e. release clauses)? 

I don't state it confidently. I just responded to Ambitious with a quick answer and I didn't put any thorough thought into it as I didn't think anyone would take it as me suggesting that's what we sell him for. £5 million is probably way off, I admit that, but I stick by my opinion that if he wasn't English, he wouldn't be going for anywhere near the speculated £15 - 20 million mark. 

He's had a bad game, thank ****. A few more of them and no one will touch him with a barge pole! :D

Did anyone have a good game?

I'd be rather disappointed if we sell Hughes for any less than 10m pounds.

Is he worth that much? On ability, absolutely not as you can find far better for far cheaper around the world. However, he's English (something that's very much in demand) and at 20 years old you've got a solid player with enough technical ability there for at least 10 years in the top flight - plus a potential sell-on price.

He's vastly overrated on here IMO, but taking into account the situation I don't think it's too far-fetched to suggest he could be worth as much as 15m pounds.

I mean, like I said, you could get far better aborad for perhaps much, much cheaper. But we live in a pretty ridiculous English transfer market where clubs are happy to throw stupid sums around.

We'd be barmy not to try and take advantage of that - especially considering the new PL deal.

It will be funny though - I bet in 2022 our England XI will probably have a combined worth of about 300m (in transfer fees) and we'll end up being thoroughly outclassed by one with a combined worth of about 70m or less (in transfer fees).

Is he worth that much? On ability, absolutely not as you can find far better for far cheaper around the world. However, he's English (something that's very much in demand) and at 20 years old you've got a solid player with enough technical ability there for at least 10 years in the top flight - plus a potential sell-on price.

He's vastly overrated on here IMO, but taking into account the situation I don't think it's too far-fetched to suggest he could be worth as much as 15m pounds.

I mean, like I said, you could get far better aborad for perhaps much, much cheaper. But we live in a pretty ridiculous English transfer market where clubs are happy to throw stupid sums around.

We'd be barmy not to try and take advantage of that - especially considering the new PL deal.

It will be funny though - I bet in 2022 our England XI will probably have a combined worth of about 300m (in transfer fees) and we'll end up being thoroughly outclassed by one with a combined worth of about 70m or less (in transfer fees).

You've just said it perfectly what I was trying to say to Albert :lol:

You are Richard Keogh and I claim one internet. 

I thought Richrd Keogh's favourite line was 'you know'

It's almost as bad as 'at the end of the day'

I feel a bit sorry for Keogh. 

He's like an old girlfriend when you start a great new job in an exciting office packed full of talent.

Suddenly they are in the way and all the daft things they used to say that made you smile.... now just make you cringe.

Agree that from interviews I've seen, someone like Martin seems much more impressive, so it probably is time for him to step aside....quickly before he just gets more hurt!!

Archived