Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

Just lazy tabloids, Hughes signed a big contract so for Mac to pay 15-20 million for him is bout right, however don't think the Geordie fans would see it as a top signing, coupled with the supposed interest in ince at another 4-5 million alot of money for 2 championship players.Already here the Geordies singing Mac out.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes, actually - don't get personal. It's not a question of balls, it's a question of following the forum rules.

A little reminder in case there's any doubt http://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/ 

Lets get back on topic now.

Duracell.

Why do you feel the need to involve yourself?

I offended nobody and if what I said did offend, then I suggest you buy him a set of pampers.

I'll even donate the necessary funds...

I could say that he offended me but being a grown man, i wouldn't.

To be quite honest, you offend me more by feeling the need to post this little reminder of your forum rules.

Just what did i say that was found offensive?

Maclaren has got a big job on at Newcastle. Rumours of £60 million to spend. To turn Newcastle into a top eight side has got to be more through training than getting new players. The price of players has gone through the roof. If he signs Austin that is £15 million gone. If we got £15 million for Hughes, he now has £30 million left. Tricky job being a Premiership manager.If Trippier is only worth £3.5 million, how can Hughes be worth £15 million at this stage? He is worth £15 million to us, however. Many scouts will be watching him in the U21 Championships on BT Sport tonight 7.45pm.

Duracell.

Why do you feel the need to involve yourself?

I offended nobody and if what I said did offend, then I suggest you buy him a set of pampers.

I'll even donate the necessary funds...

I could say that he offended me but being a grown man, i wouldn't.

To be quite honest, you offend me more by feeling the need to post this little reminder of your forum rules.

Just what did i say that was found offensive?

He can involve himself in any thread he wnts to. He's a moderator so it's expected.

We will occasionally remind everyone about the rules - they are the same for everyone so don't feel singled out. Not everyone is self assured and happy to take personal criticisms so we have a simple rule - don't get personal.

If anyone feels that a quit reminder of forum etiquette is out of order can I recommend they find another forum?

He can involve himself in any thread he wnts to. He's a moderator so it's expected.

We will occasionally remind everyone about the rules - they are the same for everyone so don't feel singled out. Not everyone is self assured and happy to take personal criticisms so we have a simple rule - don't get personal.

If anyone feels that a quit reminder of forum etiquette is out of order can I recommend they find another forum?

Thank you for speaking up for Duracell.

I hope you display consistency and direct the same rules to the poster who took such offence at me labeling his post "stupid" in reply to a sarcastic post of his own. He dubbed me a "right tool" which I would suggest is going a little further in breaking your 'forum rules' that i did.

You moderators must be busy little bees if you're feeling the need to send reminders of forum rules for such pettiness.

I hope you display consistency and direct the same rules to the poster who took such offence at me labeling his post "stupid" in reply to a sarcastic post of his own. He dubbed me a "right tool" which I would suggest is going a little further in breaking your 'forum rules' that i did.

You moderators must be busy little bees if you're feeling the need to send reminders of forum rules for such pettiness.

I guess it's all a case of feeling that they have to justify their own existence every now and again - and as somebody who has fallen foul of the moderation on here once or twice, I feel that I can safely say without fear of contradiction that the only consistency is their collective inconsistency.

I have absolutely no idea what's got into you today. I'm not going to take this any further because I'm sure everyone else reading this thread hoping to discuss Will Hughes transfer news finds this every bit as tedious as I do. But if you do have anything more to say, drop me a PM.

So, for the second time of asking, can we get back on topic please?

I guess it's all a case of feeling that they have to justify their own existence every now and again - and as somebody who has fallen foul of the moderation on here once or twice, I feel that I can safely say without fear of contradiction that the only consistency is their collective inconsistency.

abit like a Premier League referee then...

Is there any chance we can have a Duracell vs MCSilks bout?

Silks I think would have to relinquish his Samurai to make it a fair fight, and he wouldn't be allowed to wear silks either as that might give him some advantage too. 

Perhaps it could be billed "Verbal Assault and Battery"?

I'd take 10 mill with a 10% sell on fee. 

No way is he worth 15mill ok he's creative but needs to bulk up a bit and start scoring more for an attacking midfielder. 

Sorry, but bulking up has nothing to do with it. Scoring and having more self belief, yes.

Maclaren has got a big job on at Newcastle. Rumours of £60 million to spend. To turn Newcastle into a top eight side has got to be more through training than getting new players. The price of players has gone through the roof. If he signs Austin that is £15 million gone. If we got £15 million for Hughes, he now has £30 million left. Tricky job being a Premiership manager.If Trippier is only worth £3.5 million, how can Hughes be worth £15 million at this stage? He is worth £15 million to us, however. Many scouts will be watching him in the U21 Championships on BT Sport tonight 7.45pm.

not many scouts wil be watching him tonight .... on the other hand they might b tmz night

Man City are apparently about to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham for £8 million. If he's going for that much then we can certainly demand the rumoured £15 million for Hughes, at the very least

I was just about to post that too. Well, the first bit, not the second.

I had the joy of watching Patrick Roberts play for the U18 side, along with Max Lowe. He made that level look comical - he's a class act and I can see why City want to buy him and develop him. 

Hughes is obviously better prospect, despite being couple years older, but I don't think we should expect nearly double the fee Fulham are getting for Roberts. I'd maybe argue £10m is a fair price for Hughes, depending on how it's paid.

At the moment, I would say his actual ability is worth £6.5m (I can't decide between 6 or 7) - a top, top Championship player. 

If I was City, United and Liverpool, though, I would want to see a few things from Hughes before I'd shell out on signing him.

He's not an attacking midfielder, he's not really a defensive midfielder and he doesn't score many goals or truth be told create that many chances. He's a player that 'knits' the midfield, but in a side that can't afford to carry that third central midfielder then he really has no place. For me, he needs to become a bit more dynamic. I don't know if it's his fitness, or what. I just feel he needs to show himself more and have a bigger presence on the pitch. George Thorne-esque. If he can't manage that then he needs to figure out how to hit the top bag from 25 yards on a more regular basis. 

I can see why scouts still watch him and I can still see why teams haven't made a more concrete offer for him. At the minute, I can't see him being anything more than a Joe Allen type player. As I said before, the link suggesting he could replace Tiote is like suggesting Darren Bent can replace Chris Martin - chalk and cheese. 

Archived