Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£15m would be a bad move for both Hughes and Newcastle - really good for us, though! 

Newcastle's record transfer fee is £16m, so I doubt they would be willing to spend £15m on a developing central midfielder with no senior England caps. 

The link also suggests he could replace Tiote, which would be like swapping a motorbike for a car. 

It won't happen, especially not for the money talked about. I don't think Hughes will go this summer, but if he does, I doubt we will get eight figures for him - not without some hefty and incredibly tedious installments anyway. 

As Srg said this has got a journalist making stuff up in the pub ring to it, but if I was Mel I'd let it be known I don't like the way Newcastle go about their business and I won't be doing any business with them while the current owner is in charge of that club just so they are aware Derby County won't be assisting them in their battle to survive in the Premier League. 

SM is honestly the worst head coach / manager at recruitment... When we had him (bar a couple) his signings were pants. Now he's gone and Newcastle are linked with our whole starting 11! **** off Shteeve and look elsewhere. We'll give you nothing. Besides, Will is too good for Newcastle anyway.

Not surprised, lazy journalism or not. I'd think though that Sam Rush will make a bit more awkward to get over the line but at the end of the day £15m to Derby is a lot of money to re invest and build for the Premier League.

£15m easily covers the cost of our proposed summer signings and more and frankly if selling Hughes got us Shackell, Ince and Weimann plus a couple of others at that calibre I would snap their hands off...

So we sell Hughes for 15M, which incidentally is likely to be in installments.

Let's say Hughes is on 20k a week then over 3 years, he would cost 2.3M in wages so we're effectively getting 15M and saving 2.3M in salary.

So we bring in INCE FOR 4.5M plus agents fees is 5M plus let's say he's on 30k a week (still a likely play cut), that will cost us 9.6M over 3 years.

Add Weimann to that and you have spent the 15M and then some.

Selling Hughes might finance Ince and Shackell or Ince and Weimann but that is about it.

Why do supporters never account for those extra fees and the salary package the club has to pay for.

The transfer fee is only part of the players cost.

Best thing we can do is hang in to Hughes.

So we sell Hughes for 15M, which incidentally is likely to be in installments.

Let's say Hughes is on 20k a week then over 3 years, he would cost 2.3M in wages so we're effectively getting 15M and saving 2.3M in salary.

So we bring in INCE FOR 4.5M plus agents fees is 5M plus let's say he's on 30k a week (still a likely play cut), that will cost us 9.6M over 3 years.

Add Weimann to that and you have spent the 15M and then some.

Selling Hughes might finance Ince and Shackell or Ince and Weimann but that is about it.

Why do supporters never account for those extra fees and the salary package the club has to pay for.

The transfer fee is only part of the players cost.

Best thing we can do is hang in to Hughes.

same reason others make massive assumptions about salaries and fees probably...

I'm fed up with all the wheeler dealers suggesting we should even entertain the thought of selling our best player.

The story is complete rubbish anyway. Since when does Ashley fork over 15 million for players?

Given run my own consultancy business I think I understand just a touch about wages etc. We were discussing transfer fees...

However, I pleased you think I'm thick, it must lovely being perfect...

You run a business and you thought that we could buy half a team with the sale of Hughes?

Must be a rip-roaring business that...

You run a business and you thought that we could buy half a team with the sale of Hughes?

it is as it goes thank you. Now perhaps you need to wind your holier than thou neck in and stop making uneducated assumptions about me. I'm not on here to have pitiful little arguments with keyboard warriors...

it is as it goes thank you. Now perhaps you need to wind your holier than thou neck in and stop making uneducated assumptions about me. I'm not on here to have pitiful little arguments with keyboard warriors...

Well don't post stupid comment like "same reason others make massive assumptions about salaries and fees probably".

You claimed that the 15M would afford us Ince, Weimann, Shackell and others.

I am stating that this is incorrect...assumptions about salary or not.

why are people saying this will finance ince, shackell and weimman transfers?

were looking to buy them their wages and agents fees without the sale of young William so if we get 15million from him then it is an extra pot of money for other new players

I wouldn't take it personally Dai Capp. The off season seems prime time for bickering, pedantry and snippy comments.

Ignorance is bliss.

Happy to accept you think I'm incorrect but why get personal - aren't we all Derby fans in the end.. Peace eh?

it  is as it goes thank you.

We should and will fight tooth and nail to keep Will, no matter what the price. He's got the bit of class which can turn games in our favour, and Prem money is worth more than any fee anyone is realistically going to pay for him.

Archived