SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why could you argue that only Prem teams could match us? Do other countries not exist?

​thats very true, but my understanding of the context of the conversation was that we are discussing England and English teams, as thats where the money is... (we don't count Scotland as a country yet, sorry)

To be fair though, Derby as a club are on a similar level to lower midtable teams in most other top leagues across Europe, at least in terms of size of ground and fan base, and possibly wages too. The championship is growing in terms of reputation too

​Its worth pointing out that my last statement doesn't mean I think we would beat those teams or currently play at as a high a level, but we could be as big in a season if we won promotion.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Knockaert had signed a pre contract at Liege? 

​Sure he wanted to go there in Jan but Leicester blocked the move? He'll go there instead here anyway.

Daily Mail on it now as well.

Andreas Weimann is a firm transfer target for Derby County as the Championship club begins to rebuild for another tilt at promotion.

The Aston Villa forward has been told by Tim Sherwood he can look for other clubs and Derby are keen to make him new head coach Paul Clement's first signing.

Weimann, 23, has one year left on his current deal and Derby want to make the Austria international a permanent member of their squad as opposed to a loan addition.

Derby chief executive Sam Rush said on Monday that new signings are imminent and Clement is key.

‘He’ll be central to recruitment. We ought to have some new players in place by next week,' Rush added.

Weimann has been at Villa since the age of 16 but has barely featured under Sherwood, who will hope he can use the transfer cash received to recruit his own targets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3107896/Derby-County-keen-signing-Aston-Villa-star-Andreas-Weimann-forward-told-club-Tim-Sherwood.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

It's interesting that this rumour comes after rumours of Hendrick going to Villa and after Sherwood has told several players they have no future at the club.

​I'll be asking my Villa mate this weekend about this that (he's itk at Villa 100%) so i'll find out.

Archived