SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hendrick is probably our most underrated player. I Can't see how anyone values Weimann more than him? He's hard working but if our ambition is to be in the premiership then what's the point in buying a player who is subpar and might be good in this league, whereas Hendrick has lots of ability, talent and potential to be a top player in the prem. Without Hendrick then assuming we don't sell Hughes then the only other attacking midfielder we'll have will be fooking Bryson.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick is probably our most underrated player. I Can't see how anyone values Weimann more than him? He's hard working but if our ambition is to be in the premiership then what's the point in buying a player who is subpar and might be good in this league, whereas Hendrick has lots of ability, talent and potential to be a top player in the prem. Without Hendrick then assuming we don't sell Hughes then the only other attacking midfielder we'll have will be fooking Bryson.

​Someone once wrote on here: ''Hendrick will make a hell of a career out of being a good Championship player'' 

I don't know who, but it's absolutely bang on the money for me.

Hendrick is a good player, but at his current standard he'll never be good enough to establish himself in the Premier League. He can't play 90 minutes without going missing for at least a third of it, and he can't play in a two man midfield.

He's had a lot more bad games than good this season, that's for sure. 

​Sorry but have to disagree. If anything Hendrick is pretty overrated. He scores the odd quality goal but he can go missing in games, gets knocked off the ball and has no defensive game whatsoever. 

"Fooking Bryson" wasn't much worse than Hendrick last year, and our player of the year the year before, at a level of play that Hendrick has never come close to.

​Sorry but have to disagree. If anything Hendrick is pretty overrated. He scores the odd quality goal but he can go missing in games, gets knocked off the ball and has no defensive game whatsoever. 

"Fooking Bryson" wasn't much worse than Hendrick last year, and our player of the year the year before, at a level of play that Hendrick has never come close to.

Could not agree more :thumbsup:

Hendrick is still pretty young and can put up a top class performance at times like against Brighton in the play-offs. He is just very inconsistent and needs to improve his strength. I don't want to sell him unless we get a decent offer.

​Other than the late goal against an already-beaten Brighton, what did Hendrick do in that game that warrants such high praise? Thorne and Hughes were the two driving that midfield, whereas Ward also had a superb game.

Hendrick? By far our most overrated player and a good championship midfielder not much else. I had high hopes for him this season, got to say he disappointed massively. So lost in a two-man midfield.

I'd agree that he's inconsistent but that's just because of inexperience and concentration, he definitely has the talent to be a decent mid table prem midfielder imo. What's the point in replacing him with a hard working winger that might cut it in the championship but isn't considered good enough by Aston Villa.

With Bryson he hasn't just been inconsistent, this season he was a complete shadow of the player he was last season. Our midfield is going to be too lightweight with Bryson and Hughes in there, our midfield will be completely bossed by more physical teams. I don't think people realise how much we'd miss Hendrick's presence in the team if we sold him.

We should get what we can for Hendrick and Bryson and bring in solid midfielders who can complement the flyers like Russell, Ince?, Weimann? and enable the selection of Bent if he comes.

But then - what am I doing telling a Real Madrid man what to do?

I'd agree that he's inconsistent but that's just because of inexperience and concentration, he definitely has the talent to be a decent mid table prem midfielder imo. What's the point in replacing him with a hard working winger that might cut it in the championship but isn't considered good enough by Aston Villa.

With Bryson he hasn't just been inconsistent, this season he was a complete shadow of the player he was last season. Our midfield is going to be too lightweight with Bryson and Hughes in there, our midfield will be completely bossed by more physical teams. I don't think people realise how much we'd miss Hendrick's presence in the team if we sold him.

​Just out of interest, what have you seen in Jeff Hendrick to have such an opinion?

He's an average passer, gets dispossessed more often than our other midfielders,  terrible defensively - average number of tackles, interceptions and ball winners all among the worst. 

He gets goals and assists I'd give him that, but that doesn't count for much when he struggles with the basics.

For his size, he embarrassingly gets bullied at this level - how would he cope against fitter, stronger, faster midfielders in the PL?

Above all though he just looks clumbsy. He has very little balance - unlike Hughes - and his ball control is sloppy.

​Because under Sherwood he is not a regular.

I'm not sure he even made the bench half the time, with Sinclair and Agbonlahor there. So if he's been told he can go, you could argue only teams in the Prem could match us as a good destination. If he gets Prem offers, he will most likely go there, if not, then we have as good a chance as any

Lets face it, everyone knows we are going up next season, any prem players will be able to establish themselves

in a promoted side - got to be better than sitting on the bench and back up at Stoke / Leicester etc..

Archived