The 1884 Group

I remember being in a pub prior to the Southend away match circa 84 and a few drunken lads were singing a tune about all the players in the team in turn, that I've never heard since, to the tune of "Deck The Halls with Boughs of Holly", kinda went like this...

"Paul Kitson's got swish curtains tra, la la la la la la, la la la, la la la la, la la la la,  etc....

Johnny Harkes, captain of America tra, la la la la la la, la la la, la la la la, la la la la, etc...."

Don't even remember the rest of em!!!! Any way was a top tune and sounded great, just need to ramp it uptodate!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being in a pub prior to the Southend away match circa 84 and a few drunken lads were singing a tune about all the players in the team in turn, that I've never heard since, to the tune of "Deck The Halls with Boughs of Holly", kinda went like this...

"Paul Kitson's got swish curtains tra, la la la la la la, la la la, la la la la, la la la la,  etc....

Johnny Harkes, captain of America tra, la la la la la la, la la la, la la la la, la la la la, etc...."

Don't even remember the rest of em!!!! Any way was a top tune and sounded great, just need to ramp it uptodate!!!!

​Chris Martin's a fu-cking wardrobe tra lalalalalalala lalalala

Will Hughes is an albino tra lalalalalalala lalalala

​Alternatively, change the la' to na's and you have got....

​Chris Martin's a fu-cking wardrobe tra lalalalalalala lalalala

Will Hughes is an albino tra lalalalalalala lalalala

​The original (Utch'll tell you) was...

Derby Popside rule the Midlands

tra la la la la etc

If someone with better song writing talents than me can come up with some more changes to the lines below:

I don't know what it is that makes me love you so.
I only know I never want to let you go
'Cause you started something, can't you see.
Ever since we met you've had a hold on me.
It happens to be true, I only want to be with Hughes.

I tried to start a chant but nobody joined in, I ended up sitting back down looking a right tool.

​This is me every time. And it's half the problem. You should have told Flagman before the game and got permission from him and his mates to sing your own song. Rookie mistake.

To be fair, not just him. We seem to have little clusters of guys singing their own thing, and we end up with about 10 different songs on at once. That's why groups like this help. Gives the south stand idea some cohesion and unity.

​Can't wait.........

I can't......

Trains, beers and Rams on Saturdays

Pissing down with rain on a boring Tuesday

Watching Derby and not eating your tea

A freezing cold ground with flags on the walls

I say that's entertainment

We'll win with with Clement

La la la la
La la la la 

Laaaa laaa laaaa

With the Clement connection, got to be "Orange is the Colour of Joy"

Put your Le Coq Sportif & Patrick away shirts on from 1980 - 1984 and enjoy the sing along.....

http://www.est1884.co.uk/BBGYearsPt2.html

"Orange is the colour of joy"

"Orange is the colour of joy"

"Tell all your friends that the Rams will always take the Trent End"

"Coz Orange is the Colour of Joy"

I have just woken up after being on a life support machine since 1964 and I have a great song Give us a D give us a E give us a R give us a B give us a Y what have you got DERBY. I AM GOING TO CONTACT Tim Ward and see if he will let me sing this in the Boys End.:wub:

You might want to check with the hospital that Sir Jimmy Saville never came to visit you.

Archived