The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the main problem with the South Stand is the range of chants and the topics they cover. Why are we singing about bloody Collymore when he hasn't been relevant for 20 years or so?

There's no adoration of our current crop of players, no inventive chants created for them. I can imagine if the majority of my life was dedicated to following this bloke, hauling a flag up and down the country to follow the team he loves, I'd come up with a more imaginative chant than 'Hughesy, Hughesy'.

There were points last year where a lot of fans were talking about how low on confidence some individuals were, but there wasn't a single effort to get behind them and boost them with a chant of their own. We basically only have one way to influence what goes on in a game, by turning up in numbers and being loud, why aren't we utilising that small power and giving our players a bit of love.

I remember some spiel being dropped that they were trying simple, memorable chants to get as many people involved as possible. How on earth did the 11 line chant about an ex-Forest player from the 90's fit into that criteria? How can we be creative about Collymore and not Craig Forsyth?

​Very good point.

What happened to 

'we are the Rams we are the Rams we are we are we are the Rams'? A bit 70's but it was easy to join in with. 

Reminds me of The Mods and Quadraphenia. Think I've answered my own question..!

​I'd give anything to find my old Lambretta LI150 ,I love that film although strictly speaking the music is all wrong because Mods were into Motown and Northern Soul.

Palace do it well, though it's a tad orchestrated. Be great if all the miserable sods in the SS actually got up and sang, or move to north stand

​Need a bit of patience with the SS. Its brand new, some did move for the cheap seats but many of us moved so we could have a singing end.

I've posted before about us all being split up at the BBG, Popside, Ossie End, C Stand......i love the idea of having a proper end. I'm right at the back of the SS, in the middle and its got the potential to be the loudest end in the country. Its amazing how many individuals in the West and East join in as well when you look round.

We can make this ground superb if we really want to......

​That reminds me actually... Forgot to post this.

Found in a history book (talking about Lord John Russell of the 19th century:

11048753_10205926568538561_6247843596767

...said no left back ever

​Good find if quite possibly the dullest book ever. You need to change your reading habits.

I have just woken up after being on a life support machine since 1964 and I have a great song Give us a D give us a E give us a R give us a B give us a Y what have you got DERBY. I AM GOING TO CONTACT Tim Ward and see if he will let me sing this in the Boys End.:wub:

​Good find if quite possibly the dullest book ever. You need to change your reading habits.

Ha! Wasn't reading for leisure, this was for an essay. It's not the dullest thing I've had to read, trust me :lol:

Archived