Future Decided

Nuwtfly

​He could still yet leave, I'm led to believe that he is still considering the newcastle job and is waiting to see whether they survive or not but only with the guarantee that he has full say on transfers.

But what kind of callous bar steward would that make him, he promised his family he'd move back home, only to throw them under a bus a few weeks later?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Curtains, Mostyn and  I (along with many less vociferous posters) were right and you #ITKers were just spouting unsubstantiated "No smoke without fire - done deal" bullshit all along.

Please form an orderly queue and I will accept your apologies - and even your vitriol - provided it is accompanied by beer.

:P

Seriously, let this now be an end to the crap.

Steve McClaren to stay..... BBC Radio Derby understands.....

Don't believe the red tops but believe Radio Derby and the DET who literally have no idea?

Wait for a club statement.

​Seeing as though they bought into the "McClaren to Newcastle" stories lock, stock and barrel in the first place, and I didn't believe them then, I shall believe them now. Others who thought opposite will still think the opposite, and I shall continue to mock them.

For a few more days, anyway.

​Seeing as though they bought into the "McClaren to Newcastle" stories lock, stock and barrel in the first place, and I didn't believe them then, I shall believe them now. Others who thought opposite will still think the opposite, and I shall continue to mock them.

For a few more days, anyway.

​begs the question, have they (BBC Radio Derby) ruined their relationship with the club. I know the views of certain presenters on twitter are their own views and not that of the BBC, I'm certain the trouble making will be frowned upon.

Now perhaps we can get back normal on this board I have been at work all day and have seen some of the posts being put up.Some good,some boarding on the stupid and others basically just stirring the plot.

If anybody had cared to listen then you would have heard him say it over and over again instead of putting your own spin on his words for your own agendas.

He was the best for the job when he arrived and still is yes we had a awful last few months and there are many reasons for it  injuries,team selection,players off form and making mistakes that nobody could plan for.

Time to learn from it we have learnt a lot about certain players during that time and let's get on with making the neccesary changes and support the club like we all can.

Doesn't mean anything in terms of specultation. Sky sports and the bbc will still link Mac to Newcastle which will disrupt the team. He needs to tell them the f off once and for all.

You said he was deffo leaving. Guaranteed it.

But what kind of callous bar steward would that make him, he promised his family he'd move back home, only to throw them under a bus a few weeks later?

​I don't know the reasons why he, if he has at all, change his mind but the time that I made the post it was pretty clear to me that he was going back up north and was just a matter of agreeing financial terms, personal terms had already being agreed. He still might. Maybe with the possibility of newcastle being relegated has made him do a u-turn or ashley contacted him saying him that he wouldn't be able to provide the suitable resources.I feel that this thread is premature nevertheless.

The dreaded vote of coconfidence ! Sorry but I think a chess game is being played here. Both players(Maclaren and Rush) playing cleverly. Why would Rush sack maclareen if he knows Newcastle will offer considerable compensation for him when/if they come calling. Why would Maclaren resign and avoid a pay off? I still think he will go and Rush wants to sack him but at thee moment both opponents working out their next moves Just my opinion

Doesn't fill me with confidence. Ince was one of the only players who seemed to be playing for McClaren during the latter months of this season and he isn't even our player. If McClaren couldn't get the players to show any fight during one of the closest promotion races ever, why do we expect him to do it next season? :unsure:

​What has Mac got to do to convince you he's going to stay? Tattoo DCFC to his forehead? 

​What has Mac got to do to convince you he's going to stay? Tattoo DCFC to his forehead? 

​Because it's a bunch of lies. As I said it had been pretty much agreed that he was going to newcastle the time I made that post. I would take the article with a pinch of salt.

I have mixed feelings.

I will await to see who we bring in this summer, but if we start bringing in 'experienced' players of the warnock, Shotton ilk I might start to panic.

Part of me wants a change if we're going to continue with this rather tepid 'controlling football' style of play.

​you say that, but I don't think he can commit to next season without sounding arrogant and conceited. We didn't know which division we would be in for starters, which means he's going to say one of two things:-

1, I will be manager of Derby in the Premier League next season if we get promoted.

2, I will be manager of Derby in the championship next season if we fail to get promoted.

You have to appreciate that he cannot say either of these. So his only alternative is to wait until the season is over. It tells me the board have told him that they want him to stay.

​The way I've always seen it is that he was waiting to see if we went up.

If he was actually dedicated to the cause, he'd have known that coming out and saying he was committed to Derby (not 'under contract') and would be manager next season would have done wonders for morale etc. Particularly as we've clearly needed a lift these past 2/3 months.

The moment (what am I on about? There was no exact moment at all, but you get where I'm coming from) he clearly left it open to see what happened at the end of the season, felt like he was admitting the possibility of us not going up. From a fans point of view, this was pretty demoralising and heaped a bit of pressure on the whole situation.

What I'm trying to say is, if all the focus had been on our promotion push and not whether he was leaving, maybe it would have been a different outcome.

​The way I've always seen it is that he was waiting to see if we went up.

If he was actually dedicated to the cause, he'd have known that coming out and saying he was committed to Derby (not 'under contract') and would be manager next season would have done wonders for morale etc. Particularly as we've clearly needed a lift these past 2/3 months.

The moment (what am I on about? There was no exact moment at all, but you get where I'm coming from) he clearly left it open to see what happened at the end of the season, felt like he was admitting the possibility of us not going up. From a fans point of view, this was pretty demoralising and heaped a bit of pressure on the whole situation.

What I'm trying to say is, if all the focus had been on our promotion push and not whether he was leaving, maybe it would have been a different outcome.

​but like McClaren says, the speculation has been there for 5 months, yet the team only capitulated during the last 2.

Archived