Future Decided

Nuwtfly

I am tonight a very happy Rams fan. 

He is the right man for our club and I trust him to overhaul the short comings we have endured. 

Very good news as far as I am concerned. 

​And me now steve sort out the defence get rid of the dead wood

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't capitulate because of speculation we capitulated because we weren't as good as we thought we was.

But as W Brett Wilson says, best 2 seasons in a decade.

We ain't finished, Macca ain't finished.

3rd time lucky!

Between a rock and a hard place for me. If he left we would have suffered and if he stays we will suffer. Just depends now if the suffering doesn't impact a promotion push. I think we will suffer less with him staying. However this should have all been sorted long ago. SM has lost a lot of respect from me. The next few days are big. Who is part of the plans and who isn't. 

We didn't capitulate because of speculation we capitulated because we weren't as good as we thought we was.

But as W Brett Wilson says, best 2 seasons in a decade.

We ain't finished, Macca ain't finished.

3rd time lucky!

​ffs don't talk about unfinished business. 

Are you lad's kidding me? Seriously? We all know that if Newcastle we're comfortably midtable he'd have been packing his bags as we speak. The only reason he's not committing to them now is because he knows they could be in the same division as us next season. Anybody putting this down as a sign of loyalty from McClaren is deluded. Seemed to me that he was ready to abandon us as soon as he could.

I think it's gonna take a hell of a lot for him to earn back the trust of the fan's that have supported him and this team through thick and thin. To be honest, as much as it makes me sound like a fair weather supporter, I wouldn't have been gutted had he buggered off to Newcastle. Hope this time next year I'm sat here feeling like a prat cos Stevie Mac has lead us back to the promised land but unfortunately I doubt it.

I have mixed feelings.

I will await to see who we bring in this summer, but if we start bringing in 'experienced' players of the warnock, Shotton ilk I might start to panic.

Part of me wants a change if we're going to continue with this rather tepid 'controlling football' style of play.

Agree mate. Certainly not as patient as with Nigel. But he's perhaps earned the chance to have a summer and a chance to put it right. 

Come October or whatever if its slow pointless possession football and it's played with players only as good as what we had when we finished 3rd then I think I'll lose faith.

I know he's had time to sort the slide out but he does have a decent excuse in injuries. It's not that we had 4,5 injuries. We had 5 injuries in 2 positions where we play 1 player. You shouldn't need 4 DM's when you play with 1. You wouldn't expect the always fit Martin to need cover for his cover. 

Give him chance to look where he went wrong and where he went right and summer to get it fixed. 

​The way I've always seen it is that he was waiting to see if we went up.

If he was actually dedicated to the cause, he'd have known that coming out and saying he was committed to Derby (not 'under contract') and would be manager next season would have done wonders for morale etc. Particularly as we've clearly needed a lift these past 2/3 months.

The moment (what am I on about? There was no exact moment at all, but you get where I'm coming from) he clearly left it open to see what happened at the end of the season, felt like he was admitting the possibility of us not going up. From a fans point of view, this was pretty demoralising and heaped a bit of pressure on the whole situation.

What I'm trying to say is, if all the focus had been on our promotion push and not whether he was leaving, maybe it would have been a different outcome.

​You can't blame him for not ruling it out though. Football management is an unstable business and Mac isn't stupid. There have been threads, polls and comments since Saturday asking whether he should be sacked. If he came out and turned Newcastle down publicly, said there's no chance of him going there etc etc and then gets sacked, where does that leave him? We all expect loyalty from him, yet if things go wrong we won't half hesistate to show him the door.

There was no harm for him in biding his time and evaluating the positions of both clubs at the time the job is available. The clubs could be in the same division next year and not in the way we would have imagined two months ago. It may have harmed the players morale, but I really didn't expect Steve to outright turn Newcastle down especially when there was 'no offer made' in the first place.

Why would people be unhappy with this decision? We've got one of the country's best coaches committing to us for another season and there being a good chance of another promotion push with quality players coming through the door. 

Why would people be unhappy?- well, this season has shown that perhaps he ain't all he's cracked up to be as a coach and , as far as I'm concerned, he's less than convincing when it comes to buying quality players.

rammyboy is the new adamrusty. Both make up absolute dog poo rumours and say they are itk. Tbh if his aunts, cousins, nieces plumber whos brother in laws nephew once met Steve in a bar and told him so he must be right... I sometimes think how sad some derby fans are...

​begs the question, have they (BBC Radio Derby) ruined their relationship with the club. I know the views of certain presenters on twitter are their own views and not that of the BBC, I'm certain the trouble making will be frowned upon.

​There have been times in the past when the club and local radio have not exactly seen eye to eye - but that was when we had tyrants, despots and thieves in the boardroom (Maxwells, Amigos). I'm not sure what to make of the current level of 'support' the club currently receive from local media. Perhaps the Clough departure ruffled a few feathers that remain ruffled - only time will tell.

Brian recognised the value of keeping the local press barons onside, which is why a few exclusives and snippets tended to fall into the lap of George Edwards and co every now and again - perhaps it will require a similar initiative to bring Radio Derby and the DET closer to the club once more.

Are you lad's kidding me? Seriously? We all know that if Newcastle we're comfortably midtable he'd have been packing his bags as we speak. The only reason he's not committing to them now is because he knows they could be in the same division as us next season. Anybody putting this down as a sign of loyalty from McClaren is deluded. Seemed to me that he was ready to abandon us as soon as he could.

I think it's gonna take a hell of a lot for him to earn back the trust of the fan's that have supported him and this team through thick and thin. To be honest, as much as it makes me sound like a fair weather supporter, I wouldn't have been gutted had he buggered off to Newcastle. Hope this time next year I'm sat here feeling like a prat cos Stevie Mac has lead us back to the promised land but unfortunately I doubt it.

No

yes

No we dont

Is it? How do you know?

are we? Or are we just supporting our manager, he's still our manager you know.

how do you know that? Do you know him or are you just taking what the red tops say as fact?

does it, what makes you think that, he turned down the job in the winter and he turned down the job today.

i hope you're not including me in that, thick and thin? 18 months of thick and the first time we have a Cloughesque dip in form everyone turns on him.

yes it does, 100%, what are you going to do now, not go again? OK, goodbye.

yes so do I, but if it doesn't happen again I'll still be there the following season.

have a nice night.

No

yes

No we dont

Is it? How do you know?

are we? Or are we just supporting our manager, he's still our manager you know.

how do you know that? Do you know him or are you just taking what the red tops say as fact?

does it, what makes you think that, he turned down the job in the winter and he turned down the job today.

i hope you're not including me in that, thick and thin? 18 months of thick and the first time we have a Cloughesque dip in form everyone turns on him.

yes it does, 100%, what are you going to do now, not go again? OK, goodbye.

yes so do I, but if it doesn't happen again I'll still be there the following season.

have a nice night.

​Fair enough, you make some good point's but I still believe his plan was to get us promoted, then bugger off to Newcastle.  Unfortunately the last 3 months we have been on a terrible run and no matter which way you look at it he has to take a certain amount of responsibility for that,.

Of course I'm going to keep going, I'll keep going no matter who own's us, who play's for us, who manages us and whatever league we're in and this season I have had to put up with a lot of new faces in the stands who we're seemingly angry at us every game. I swear if we werent 2-0 up after 10 mins they'd start shouting about everybody being *****. The one good thing about our failure this season is a hopeful weeding out of these type of 'supporters'.

That being said I find it hard to believe that any season ticket holding, away day following rams fan can't come to the conclusion that McClaren had lost that group of players months ago. He fancied the Newcastle job and has tip toe'd around the subject until it became obvious that a] he'd seriously cocked up his job at our club and b] Newcastle may not be as attractive an initial job as  t first seemed.

As long as he's in charge I'll support him and his team, of course I will, no real fan would boo somebody employed by our club, but he has a long way to go too win back my faith in him and I doubt I'm alone in that feeling. 

Great news!

Thats all sorted now. No more BS rumours. Hopefully the players and managers sit down now, reflect on the season, look what went wrong, look where we can improve and be honest towards one another. IF there are any ill feelings lets hope they’ll be ironed out, and the squad is ready to go for it again next season. If not then they can leave.

Lets hope we have a strong summer! 

Archived