Retained/Transfer list

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure when in previous years but from league regs
we have to let the league know by third saturday in May,and the club secretary has to publish by the second saturday in June

64.1 Subject to the provisions of these Regulations, (and, in particular, Regulation 41), a Player shall be free to seek registration with any Club of his choice, on the expiry of his contract of employment.
64.2 Any Club wishing to reengage a Contract Player whose contract is due to expire on 30 June must, save as mentioned in Regulations 64.2.1 to 64.2.4 below, notify him in writing by the third Saturday in May in the final year of his contract whether or not they offer him terms of reengagement specifying (where applicable) such terms.  Notification of the terms offered may only be deferred:
64.2.1 in the event of a Club not having completed its League programme by the third Saturday in May, and then only if any outstanding fixture or fixtures could have some bearing on the issues described in Regulation 10 or on possible qualification for other competitions; or
64.2.2 in the event of a Club being involved in the end of Season PlayOff competition as described in Regulation 10; or 
64.2.3 in the event of a Club still being involved in a Football Association Cup Match on or after the third Saturday in May; or
64.2.4 in the event of a Club still being involved on or after the third Saturday in May in a competition arranged under the auspices of The League.  In these circumstances Players must be notified of the terms offered within four days of the Club's last such match.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#xEbpfPpThQ7ieSzk.99

66 List of Players
66.1 Every year each Club shall forward to the Secretary no later than the deadline laid down in Regulation 64 for the notification of Players, a Club List of Players' names for registration by The League including:
66.1.1 Contract Players whose contracts are due to terminate on the next 30 June and to whom the Club has made offers of further reengagement;
66.1.2 Contract Players with whom Contracts of Service are in existence, such contracts being due to terminate on 30 June in any subsequent year including any Contracts of Service under which an option to extend the term thereof has been exercised by the Club;
66.1.3 Contract Players whose contracts are due to terminate on the next 30 June and to whom the Club has not made offers of further reengagement;
66.1.4 Players employed on a week by week basis under the provisions of Regulation 64.9.3 to whom the Club has either made a further offer of reengagement or indicated that it wishes to continue with the week by week agreement;
66.1.5 Scholars with whom agreements are in existence; and
66.1.6 NonContract Players whose registrations have not been cancelled.
66.2 Full Christian names shall be included in all cases.
66.3 The registrations of NonContract Players whose names are omitted from the Club List of Players are automatically cancelled.  A NonContract Player whose registration has not been cancelled must be resigned.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#xEbpfPpThQ7ieSzk.99

[

​Had a great first half of the season, so not entirely fair. Was pants after his most recent injury though. 

​I'd say first half of the season is an exageration

This is the extent of his good start

00721552b78603694b7bfd36ad5aa3e6.png

After that a series of middling performances when he wasnt injured, he scored or assisted 8 all season, 6 were in the first 7 games

I think Wardy is one of those players who needs his manager to believe in him, he said as much when he joined after being treated shoddily by MIcky Adams at Sheffield United.

I don't think Mac has ever fancied him and it's got to be tough playing your best football under those circumstances.

Still, life goes on. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more of the old guard on their bike either.

Just hope he's not daft enough to let Bucko leave, no matter what's gone on.

Jamie still has another year on his contract - paying him off must have cost c£500k - that would indicate we've got some cash to play with.

​Could have been a mutual agreement I doubt we would have paid him off. Ward is the type of player that wants to be in a starting 11. We cant promise him that so I am guessing it would have been agreed he can look for another club. One of the most frustrating players in my opinion, class until he picks up an injury then never comes back the same.

Jamie still has another year on his contract - paying him off must have cost c£500k - that would indicate we've got some cash to play with.

​I doubt they would have paid him off. We've 'released' players before for them to join other clubs as an agreement. I doubt they would pay what would probably be around 500k to get rid of him, when I think it would be relatively easy to give him away for free, or even get 100 or 200k for him. I doubt our club would be so negative in terms of business to pay 500k to release an in-contract player at the beginning of May.

Ward is a good Championship winger with plenty of experience at this level. 

He'll line up against us next season, no doubt, and hopefully he'll get a good reception.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich in for him, should they stay down.

Archived