Retained/Transfer list

I think Wardy is one of those players who needs his manager to believe in him, he said as much when he joined after being treated shoddily by MIcky Adams at Sheffield United.

I don't think Mac has ever fancied him and it's got to be tough playing your best football under those circumstances.

Still, life goes on. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more of the old guard on their bike either.

Just hope he's not daft enough to let Bucko leave, no matter what's gone on.

Why do you think Mac didn't fancy him?

He played more games during last season than he ever did under the previous manager.

He was also playing him ahead of others before he got injured earlier this season, and then brought him back in, before he got injured again.

So what circumstances did he play under, I presume you must have some ITK to share?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward is a good Championship winger with plenty of experience at this level. 

He'll line up against us next season, no doubt, and hopefully he'll get a good reception.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich in for him, should they stay down.

If he didn't, think I'd start listening to Ipod during games!

Why do you think Mac didn't fancy him?

He played more games during last season than he ever did under the previous manager.

He was also playing him ahead of others before he got injured earlier this season, and then brought him back in, before he got injured again.

So what circumstances did he play under, I presume you must have some ITK to share?

​You'r incredible LeedsRam.

it's like you've got some kind of alert for when I post.

You were wrong on the last post you made about the 7 (6) clubs and you're wrong here again.

What more info do you need that the manager doesn't fancy him other than he's released him. In addition to bringing Ibe, Lingaard and Ince in to play in his position in the last 6 or 7 months.

It's as clear as day he doesn't fancy him. Unless you've got some ITK to share.

You know that I do sometimes post without an ulterior motive don't you?

Can you accept that?

You were wrong on the last post you made about the 7 (6) clubs and you're wrong here again.

What more info do you need that the manager doesn't fancy him other than he's released him. In addition to bringing Ibe, Lingaard and Ince in to play in his position in the last 6 or 7 months.

Can you accept that?

​Ward and Russell have been injured for spells this season. I would have expected the cover coming in, especially with Dawkins having his issues. I think it is as simple as that Ward has not performed well enough this season, nor has he been reliable enough. I don't think Ward was unfancied by McClaren until now.

Ward has served us well, but I think letting him go is the right move.

Not fussed myself, he was ok when he was revved up, but that wasn't very often. 

All the other times he either couldn't be arsed or had a mard on.

i think we've moved on from him.

I would assume this would give Ward one last biggish move wage wise seeing as he's free.

i used to think he was a little arrogant so and so when he played against us, one of the few players you hated, but secretly wanted in your team.

sorry to see him go, but would give him a standing ovation the next time I saw him, great servant to the club through the dark times we've had.

I'll always remember that day at the city ground when he skinned half the defence and slotted home, I'm just glad I was there to witness it.

cheers Jamie Lad!

Can you accept that?

It's clear you have an ulterior motive, and that's highlighted in your posts.

The quote you put is "I don't think Mac has ever fancied him, and it's got to be tough playing your football under those circumstances"

Now read my post again, he played more games under Mac last season than any other for Derby.  This season he played him before ibe on many occasion, and made 29 appearances.

So I will ask again, why is it clear he didn't fancy him? 

Maybe, just maybe, he has let him go based upon the injuries he has had, and he feels that he can get someone in that over a season will do a better job.

i have a lot of time for ward, he has been a cracking player for us, and for me I would have kept him, but to say that he has been mismanaged over the past two seasons is a big statement to make looking at his appearance stats and his injuries.

Yes he has released him now, and he doesn't fancy him next season, but to say he hasn't over the past two imo is wrong.

It's clear you have an ulterior motive, and that's highlighted in your posts.

The quote you put is "I don't think Mac has ever fancied him, and it's got to be tough playing your football under those circumstances"

Now read my post again, he played more games under Mac last season than any other for Derby.  This season he played him before ibe on many occasion, and made 29 appearances.

So I will ask again, why is it clear he didn't fancy him? 

Maybe, just maybe, he has let him go based upon the injuries he has had, and he feels that he can get someone in that over a season will do a better job.

i have a lot of time for ward, he has been a cracking player for us, and for me I would have kept him, but to say that he has been mismanaged over the past two seasons is a big statement to make looking at his appearance stats and his injuries.

Yes he has released him now, and he doesn't fancy him next season, but to say he hasn't over the past two imo is wrong.

​NO ulterior motive. Just my opinion.

You can keep jumping to conclusions as you always did.

let me just double check something with you?

I cant post that I'm upset we've finished 8th? without an ulterior motive

I can't post that I'm upset that Jamie Ward has been released? without an ulterior motive?

I can't post that the collapse since February the 25th has been disappointing - without an ulterior motive.

maybe in future I'll send my posts to you in advance, you can check them and then let me know whether it's ok for me to carry on.

Does that sound better?

I can't post that I'm upset that Jamie Ward has been released? without an ulterior motive?

I can't post that the collapse since February the 25th has been disappointing - without an ulterior motive.

maybe in future I'll send my posts to you in advance, you can check them and then let me know whether it's ok for me to carry on.

Does that sound better?

You can do whatever makes you happy Ronnie, but i would maybe suggest a disclaimer at the bottom?

maybe along the lines of "please only quote me if you agree"

Now back to ward, you said he had been mismanaged and it's tough playing your football under these circumstances.  

As I put in the previous posts, he has played a lot of games under SM, and only recently has had to settle for a place in the bench, why do you think this is being mismanaged?

A genuine question to your post that's all, I personally think last season he played his best football for Derby during his time here.

I think he's been "mis managed" (which I didn't say by the way, I just said I don't think Mac fancies him)

I think he's been mis managed by the fact he's a confidence player and he needs an arm around him, yet we've gone out on every occasion possible and looked for wingers to come in on loan. The mis-managed (if you want to put it that way was meant also as a combination of his time at Sheffield United where he was clearly out on the fringes)

If Mac thought he was good enough to see us over the line, he wouldn't have loaned  lingaard, Ince and Ibe.

I  PERSONALLY think that's a general theme with a couple of senior squad members, I don't have a lot to back it up other than gut feeling. But I wonder for example how Buxton felt when all the time we've been looking for a centre half to replace him.  First Whitbread, then Shotton, then Albentosa, all the while none of them fit to lace is boots.

Or Bryson who has been instrumental in our run to play off challengers.

That's 3 players who last season were indispensable. All of whom have had their noses pushed out of joint. IN MY OPINION.

it's not that I care about you quoting or not quoting Leeds, it's the way you jump all over the posts and try to make it look like I'm having some kind of hidden pop. If I want to slate them, I'll do it openly and not try to hide it in a Jamie ward post.

I like Wardy when he's in-form (who wouldnt) but his hamstrings have really held him back from delivering a full season of excellence.

Even going into this season, I was half thinking we should sell. The lad turns 29 soon, with the wage he will be on and his injuries, unfortunately we need to look at others now.

However, I think we could have probably received some kind of fee for him? Not sure why we have released him but we don't know his contract details.

Good servant to the club, and I don't think it's the wrong decision if we've not taken up the option on an extra year, but it does seem harsh. But I think culture wise the Clough signings are likely to be gradually moved on.

Problem is, a team of 11 Dawkins might have more technical ability but would still be capable of losing to a team of 11 Wards due to character, attitude and just having a bit of bite about them.

I would hope he gets a good reception - he's still good enough for the division and will be back.

Does that sound better?

No 

Archived