Retained/Transfer list

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he's had an offer from elsewhere he'd rather take up, so it's a mutual arrangement deal?

Illegal approach?

Ward "am I in your plans boss, I want to play football?"

Mac "Impact sub at best"

Ward "will you release me please boss, I just want to play"

Mac "No problem, good luck"

Derby County have confirmed their retained list following the conclusion of the 2014/15 campaign earlier this month.

Long-serving defender Shaun Barker and forward Jamie Ward are amongst the players that have been released at the end of their contracts.

After sustaining a career-threatening knee injury in March 2012, Barker, 32, made a heroic return to training and match situations earlier this year.

He suffered a dislocated kneecap and ruptured medial ligament, anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligaments, as well as damage to his patella femoral ligament, in a 1-0 home win over Nottingham Forest.

In total, he made 105 appearances in Derby County colours after his arrival from Blackpool in the summer of 2009, for an undisclosed fee. In total, he has made 387 appearances during his professional career - turning out for Rotherham United, Blackpool and Derby.

Meanwhile Ward, 29, leaves after making 149 appearances for the Rams after signing from Sheffield United in 2011, initially on loan before signing on a permanent basis.

The Northern Ireland international appeared 29 times during the 2014/15 season, scoring on six occasions. 

In addition to the duos departures it has been confirmed that Lee Naylor, Mark O’Brien, Tom Naylor and Zak Whitbread will not have their contracts extended beyond this summer. 

Midfielder John Eustace has not been offered new terms at present but the club is continuing to review his situation. 

Out of contract first-team players not offered new terms: Jamie Ward, Lee Naylor, Mark O’Brien, Shaun Barker, Tom Naylor, Zak Whitbread, John Eustace

Professional players under contract beyond the summer of 2015: Lee Grant, Cyrus Christie, Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson, Jake Buxton, Richard Keogh, Simon Dawkins, Jeff Hendrick, Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Conor Sammon, Will Hughes, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, George Thorne, Raul Albentosa, Ryan Shotton, Stephen Warnock

First-team players’ loan spells expiring: Jesse Lingard, Omar Mascarell, Darren Bent, Tom Ince

Under 21s squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2015: Mats Morch, Alefe Santos, Isak Ssewankambo, Ivan Calero, Jamie Hanson, Kwame Thomas, Alban Bunjaku, Tom Koblenz, Shaquille McDonald, Callum Guy, Offrande Zanzala

Under 21s squad players out of contract and given new contracts: Jonathan Mitchell, Farrend Rawson

Under 21s players out of contract and released: Ross Etheridge, Rhys Sharpe, Josh Lelan, Luke Hendrie

Derby County would like to thank all departing players for their services to the Club and wish them well for the future. 

The Under 18s’ Retained List will be confirmed in due course.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list-2452729.aspx#Y4lz6Kcar0u9WFkx.99

So Eustace hasn't yet been offered a new deal :huh:

Didn't realise Rawson was out of contract either, but at least he's signed a new deal

They are in talks. Max Lowe not there???? Maybe under 18s retained list? 

TobyWanKenobi

Players to go:

Shaun Barker
Jamie Ward
Lee Naylor
Tom Naylor
Mark O'Brien
Zak Whitbread
John Eustace (Contract negotiations ongoing)
Ross Etheridge
Rhys Sharpe
Josh Lelan
Luke Hendrie

I wish them all well at their new club, Sheffield United.

Players to go:

Shaun Barker 
Jamie Ward
Lee Naylor
Tom Naylor
Mark O'Brien
Zak Whitbread
John Eustace (Contract negotiations ongoing)
Ross Etheridge
Rhys Sharpe
Josh Lelan
Luke Hendrie

I wish them all well at their new club, Sheffield United.

Tom Naylor off to Burton.

Is there even a transfer list anymore? Isn't that just what's on FM and FIFA, club tells player he's free to find another club, agent goes round trying to get a move.

I don't think there is unless someone prove it though. 

Is there even a transfer list anymore? Isn't that just what's on FM and FIFA, club tells player he's free to find another club, agent goes round trying to get a move.

​I've seen a few clubs say they've made players available for transfer, but I don't think it's very common

From Northampton's retained list:

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT FOR 2015/16
Brendon Moloney
Evan Horwood
Marc Richards
Zander Diamond
Lawson D'Ath
Jason Taylor
Ivan Toney
Joel Byrom
Ricky Holmes
Ryan Cresswell
Sam Warburton
Danny Clifton
PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT WHO HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER
John-Joe O'Toole
Chris Hackett
PLAYERS WHO ARE OUT OF CONTRACT AND NO DECISION HAS YET BEEN MADE
Shwan Jalal
Read more at http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/northampton-town-retained-list-2432387.aspx#kiJdJ6aQbHDIyYE6.99

Archived