Retained/Transfer list

Ward is a good Championship winger with plenty of experience at this level. 

He'll line up against us next season, no doubt, and hopefully he'll get a good reception.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich in for him, should they stay down.

​I reckon Chesterfield will take him back if they get promoted, maybe even if they don't. He wouldn't have to move house and they're already really fond of him there

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish him really well, Derby fans have loved getting on his back recently but he loves/loved it here and he gave absolutely everything. Worked his hamstrings into dust for this club. Clear hatred for Forest. I like him.

That said, lets wait for the retained list to actually come out before we start buying leaving presents eh?

Wish him really well, Derby fans have loved getting on his back recently but he loves/loved it here and he gave absolutely everything. Worked his hamstrings into dust for this club. Clear hatred for Forest. I like him.

That said, lets wait for the retained list to actually come out before we start buying leaving presents eh?

This a player of his calibre (in my opinion) leaving, it does excite as to who might be coming in. Freeing up wages for Ince ;-)

Just wasn't much point keeping him. Bennett, Russell, Ward and Dawkins could barley scrape a season between them. I hope we can get Ince in and also buy Nouha Dicko from Wolves who has just 1 year left on his contract. Good look to ya Ward. It's a shame that players didn't get a proper send off at the last match. 

This a player of his calibre (in my opinion) leaving, it does excite as to who might be coming in. Freeing up wages for Ince ;-)

​Just think of the wages we could save if we could have two wide men that played every game, like at some other clubs. It would be nice to have someone here that can put a decent cross in from open play. 

​Just think of the wages we could save if we could have two wide men that played every game, like at some other clubs. It would be nice to have someone here that can put a decent cross in from open play. 

Craig Forsyth

Never mind.

​I reckon Chesterfield will take him back if they get promoted, maybe even if they don't. He wouldn't have to move house and they're already really fond of him there

​I don't thin he'll have to drop that far down. Brighton were in for him last summer, Wigan were after him in January. 

I'd fancy an established Championship club to take him on, given he'd be on a free too. 

Ipswich, Blackburn, Birmingham, Brighton, Reading....etc 

I don't think he'll pick up the same wage here elsewhere, but he won't have to take a big cut and I'd be surprised if he drops too far.

Sheffield United, if they're promoted, could offer him a good deal. Clough would have him in a heartbeat.

​I don't thin he'll have to drop that far down. Brighton were in for him last summer, Wigan were after him in January. 

I'd fancy an established Championship club to take him on, given he'd be on a free too. 

Ipswich, Blackburn, Birmingham, Brighton, Reading....etc 

I don't think he'll pick up the same wage here elsewhere, but he won't have to take a big cut and I'd be surprised if he drops too far.

Sheffield United, if they're promoted, could offer him a good deal. Clough would have him in a heartbeat.

​Don't forget, Chesterfield could well be a Championship club next season as well, although my friend tells me they're really struggling financially, regardless of promotion

​Bring in Ince, keep Dawks and Russell, have Calero and Santos battle it out for the 4th spot should we need a 4th winger to come in. Depending on who's performing better in the U21s. Lets show some faith in these kids and not bring in another Lingard type. If you want a kid with raw speed and crossing ability like Lingard, Santos is your man. If you want a ball player and a wide forward goal scorer type like Ibe was, Calero is your man. I know they're a step down but lets use that money elsewhere and put some faith in our lads.

No disrespect to Lingard by the way, ineffective but he didn't have long to make a contribution. Reminds me of Ibe when he first turned up in many ways, very raw. He just ran out of time.

​Bring in Ince, keep Dawks and Russell, have Calero and Santos battle it out for the 4th spot should we need a 4th winger to come in. Depending on who's performing better in the U21s. Lets show some faith in these kids and not bring in another Lingard type. If you want a kid with raw speed and crossing ability like Lingard, Santos is your man. If you want a ball player and a wide forward goal scorer type like Ibe was, Calero is your man. I know they're a step down but lets use that money elsewhere and put some faith in our lads.

​Really hope Calero gets a chance, every u21 game DCFC twitter seems to be spamming his name, Calero created a chance, Calero scored, Calero is God etc. 

Sure a day out at Wembley could help! Good luck spireites

​They apparently had to sell Doyle well below their valuation of him because they were so desperate for money and they may even be losing their manager to Pompey. You know you're struggling if a team in the League 1 play offs can't offer a better deal than mid table League 2 Portsmouth :huh:

How can Chesterfield be in financial trouble, look how far they've come? Surely if they go up, they can't still be in a mess even then?

​Their fans don't have a clue how either, but their manager said at a Q&A that even if they get promoted they can't spend much because they're struggling

If Chessie get promoted it should attract a lot more than the core faithful.to the games. They are always struggling to balance the books.  One reason they hate Sheff U is because they take a lot of what would be their fans away to Bramhall Lane

Jamie Ward was nearly always played out of position b y SM.To get the best out of him he has to be on the left. Hope his next  manager realises this.  

Archived