Tonight sums it up

plymouthram

Watched Bournemouth beat Bolton tonight. They played like Derby did last season in their last 12 games. Full of movement, committed and lots of attacking play. But what summed it all up was at the end of the match, was the interview with their captain who said they haven't had any injuries all season. Not sour grapes by pointing this out, Bournemouth have deserved their promotion with their style of play and also Watford. Congratulations to both teams, and if the Rams make the play-offs, I hope they go with the same style in them matches.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we've been as affected as any other team would be by injuries in key positions and then injuries to their loan replacements on top of that, combined with speculation over the manager's future. Our manager maybe could have made his denial about the Toon job a bit more deny-ier, and maybe we could have found another system (although we looked even worse when we started putting out different formations). Maybe we could have got replacements in, but then again, that's what Bent, Mascarell, Lingard, Ince, Albentosa and Warnock were brought in for. There comes a point when you have to accept that the squad you have is the squad you have.

It's not all bad luck. We've dropped some silly points and put in some woeful performances. But that just doesn't seem to happen when you've got a fully fit team and everyone's on your side.

Bournemouth weren't lucky, they were bloody brilliant. But they haven't been unlucky either. Through circumstance and a the odd drop of mismanagement, we whipped up the perfect storm at the worst possible time. I don't see what good the blame game does to be honest - management, players, maybe fans might do some things differently with hindsight but when you've got Thorne, Martin, Bent, Eustace and Mascarell all out injured at the same time in February you can kiss goodbye to automatic promotion anyway. Whoever was available for loan, if we had the money, wouldn't have been good enough to keep us in the fight.

But the best part is we could be in exactly the same position as Bournemouth in May. 

Bournemouth are a good side but one that would not have been able to cope what we've had to contend with - I don't think anyone would deny that. 

It takes nothing away from them, though. I'm sure they will have a good attempt at survival next season too. 

I don't like them due to there fans and manager but they deserve it for sure. No injuries lucky sods!

​Out of interest why don't you like their fans?  Whats wrong with Eddie?  Seems a bit of alright to me and he's got nice hair

A nrothing club who got lucky

​You're out of order B4.  Over the course of the season, they have deserved to be where they are.  Just as we have!

Ok, they may have spent a lot on wages, but you can't knock them for that.  I like watching them and as Plymouthram said, they are playing the way we did last year.  

Just give them the credit they deserve and show a bit of class! 

Sorry b4 but comments like that are sour grapes and just make you look silly.

What is your definition of a 'nothing club'? I can only think that it is because they have a smaller ground and smaller attendances than us...but don't forget a lot of them 10 or 11 thousand fans of theirs will be the same fans that dug deep to stop their club from going out of business.

I don't have much time for Eddie Howe but I would not let that cloud my judgement when assessing his achievements.

They have been the best team in this division and have blown teams away for fun a bit like we did last year.

Well done Bournemouth, fully deserved promotion.

​Out of interest why don't you like their fans?  Whats wrong with Eddie?  Seems a bit of alright to me and he's got nice hair

​Mostly due to Eddie moaning a lot I remember one game he was moaning because his team was getting pressed a lot and teams were in there faces.. Welcome to our world Eddie. Then lately comes out with the whole penalty thing yet they have won twice as much as any other team.

There fans? Check the facebook pages. When we signed a few loan players we was buying the league and little old them couldn't buy anything. Here is a great one this morning from one of there fans:-

You can't get enough of the mighty Bournemouth! Getting respect from all over football. Bye Bye haterz and your boring **** clubs and mountin debt.

Fantastic fans.

I don't like them due to there fans and manager but they deserve it for sure. No injuries lucky sods!

​I thought when we played down there both last season and this, their fans were brilliant (maybe I was lucky regarding the ones I bumped into). As for the manager - I don't see why people have a problem with him - young, brash, confident, gets his team playing with a swagger and style and he invariably says things that deflect any pressure from his players.

Can't think where I've ever met a manager with those attributes before….

​They all hate me, Sasha because they are jealous of my shining wit - but I've got less on top than Steve McClaren.

Archived