plymouthram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​We beat Watford and drewWe beat Bournemouth and drew
We lost twice to Middlesbrough
We drew twice with Norwich
We beat Ipswich and drew

I'm fairly sure that can be classed as a good return. It's slightly better than last season.

W4 D0 L6 - 12
W3 D5 L2 - 14

We were ruthless against the bottom teams last season, though, this year we've gone into them like an exhibition match. 

​We did lose a couple to lower order teams last season , Wigan and Millwall at home , and coupled with the stupid referee at Burnley , three games that probably cost us auto promotion .

​they're better than us for a multitude of reasons. Even before injuries, we didn't beat the teams in the top 6, they did.

​Our record against the rest of the top six pre-injuries was three wins, two draws and one loss

Having had a quick look at Bournemouth's results against the top 6 this season, their record is 2 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses and another result that I've overlooked and can't be bothered to look for!

​they're better than us for a multitude of reasons. Even before injuries, we didn't beat the teams in the top 6, they did.

​No they didn't. They're better than us for a multitude of reasons, yet you choose something that isn't true. They've only won 2 of the games they played against teams currently in the top 6. Our record pre-injuries was good against the top teams.

​You can't just be lucky over 46 games, the odd bit here and there for sure. Bournemouth have had skill, flair and a decent backline and have produced all season. They had a blip in January, but came right back.

No doubt plenty of Derby fans will be thinking 'that should have been us' and to an extent they are right. But then again Bournemouth haven't shot themselves in the foot time and time again.

​Do you think they have had no injuries... utter drivvle...they are where they are because they are a lot better than us as simple as that.

​they are where they are because they have a manager who knows a defender and can get them to defend ! simple as that really , while they score 3s and 4s and win games comfortably we are losing the same amount at the other end , its no rocket science

well played to them, good flowing football and Ricthie has been brilliant, the way he shaped up for that goal last night was excellent.  

interesting tables here re: form against the various teams and where they sit in the league.  we are pretty much bang on in terms of where we are now versus our performance against the rest of the league, whereas Watford are nowhere near when looking at them vs top third:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2014-2015/versus-top-third

found that pretty surprising.

And that my point if we had a full team it would been us lifting league title and would have been bourmonth in the play off places.

We didn't have a fully fit team, so we didn't win the league, get over it. They have played well all season, if we had won every game we would have won the league, or scored 1000 goals we would have (probably) won the league. Although with this defends probably not. 

Just give them some deserved credit and stop talking nonsense. 

well played to them, good flowing football and Ricthie has been brilliant, the way he shaped up for that goal last night was excellent.  

interesting tables here re: form against the various teams and where they sit in the league.  we are pretty much bang on in terms of where we are now versus our performance against the rest of the league, whereas Watford are nowhere near when looking at them vs top third:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2014-2015/versus-top-third

found that pretty surprising.

​interesting stats, given the mood of the place it's worth remembering that we enjoyed the longest runs of clean sheets in the division, five games. Seems a long time ago though :( 

I shall miss the most local of the games I can get to. But take nothing away from them, they have been very much like we were last season. Attacking flair in abundance, not the greatest defensively but when you are constantly attacking doesn't matter ....and when they have the occasional setback like drawing late on against Wednesday they have come straight back, whereas we have spiralled......

For those of a bitter persuasion there's always the possibility that 'arry will come sniffing around them going after one last paid sinecure and really feck it all up.

It's unfair to suggest that they're better than us simply because they're in a higher league position. 

As i said a milion times before...the best team in the league always finishes top, the worst....bottom.

They are better than us, it's just a fact.

Fair play to them, i can't stand Howes but they have done really well and I wish them all the luck in the world next season and look forward to joining them. 

Scored nearly 100 lucky goals...

Glad the two most attacking teams got promoted and "clean sheet" Boro have to face the play offs. 

A win for positive, aggressive football.

Both teams keep pouring forward when in the lead. 

B4 - You've really embarrassed yourself on this thread.

If they had a fully fit team and we had a fully fit team, I reckon I would take the following players and put into my team:

Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Arter, Ritchie, Wilson.

I'd compliment that with Thorne, Hughes and Ince. Possibly I'd put Martin in over Wilson but 50/50.

They deserve the promotion, I think they deserve the league title. Over the season, they have played the best football, most goals, most entertainment.

B4 - I think you're a really bad loser.

Archived