Carl Sagan

Saturday 2nd May, 12.15 kickoff, at the iPride

Derby’s last 6:

P6 W2 D4 L0 GF16 GA10 Pts10

Reading’s Last 6:

P6 W0 D3 L3 GF2 GA6 Pts 3

Head to head:

P35 W10 D5 L20 GF43 GA57

It all comes down to this. After 45 games, we need a point at home against one of our bogey teams to guarantee an extension of the season into the playoffs. The Rams, despite everything, remain unbeaten in 6. Even without Chris Martin we’re scoring for fun, and the main man may well be back for this one.

Unfortunately, our opponents score for fun against us. But Reading have lost their last 3 and haven’t won in 8. They've already won once at the iPride this season, so surely that’s the Royals’ traditional win at our place out of their system? Allowing our march to Wembley and the Premier League to continue...

Cross your fingers, Cross your toes. Wear your lucky pants. Sing your hearts out for all you're worth. Come on you Rams!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant
Christie Keogh Shotton Forsyth
Warnock
Hughes Hendrick
Ince Bent Russell

Need to experiment with players who can play the holding role in case we do get in the play offs, can't go away at Norwich / Boro without one. Play Warnock or Hanson in there.

Steve, if you're reading this.. please don't play Forsyth at CB. Kind regards. 

If we don't win this then it's unlikely we'll make the play-offs.

Big game. I can't imagine how hostile the atmosphere will be if that's the case. 

I don't think there will be any lap of honour, put it that way. 

​Surely draw is enough. Can't see Brentford or Wolves winning their game about 20 goal margin.

​Surely draw is enough. Can't see Brentford or Wolves winning their game about 20 goal margin.

​Sorry, I must have tripped out. I thought Brentford was a point behind with Wigan left to play.

Draw should be enough, yes. I think we'll win, though. I just can't see us conceding less than two - ridiculous given the circumstances!

​To be honest I suspect we will make this more of a roller coaster for brentford and wolves fans checking our score as they play. They will see us go 1-0 up, lose hope, then we go 3-1 down, they are all celebrating and cheering the play offs must be theirs. They refresh their live score apps and in a second it changes to 3-3 and again they are feeling down. I am certain it will go something like that and I can't see with our defence the way it is and our attack the way it is being anything but dull.

Archived