Derby County vs Reading

Carl Sagan

There's no future in starting Hanson, we'd get smashed in the play-off's with him in the QB role. Considering we've basically run out of CM's, but have an abundance of attacking options, we should probably try a system that doesn't use 3 CM's but uses 4 attackers.

--------------Grant------------------

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

----------Hughes-Hendrick---------

--------Ince --Martin --Russell-----

----------------Bent------------------

If we get this system working, it's a team that could get through the play-off's. Could allow Dawkins to come into the Martin role. Just start Chris Martin ffs.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Soooo if we bottle it, it will because certain fans have a horrible feeling we'll bottle it?

​You do twist things don't you. The point being made is that "having a bad feeling " is no more than that. Having a bad feeling. It is disconnected to the reality of what is to come. The only way a bad feeling in advance has any relevance to Saturday is if everyone turned up with a bad feeling and the whole atmosphere was downbeat rather than upbeat. In that scenario being downbeat would be more unhelpful than helpful.

​You do twist things don't you. The point being made is that "having a bad feeling " is no more than that. Having a bad feeling. It is disconnected to the reality of what is to come. The only way a bad feeling in advance has any relevance to Saturday is if everyone turned up with a bad feeling and the whole atmosphere was downbeat rather than upbeat. In that scenario being downbeat would be more unhelpful than helpful.

​I won't be downbeat. Never am at the matches. I am one of those idiots that thinks 3-0 down with 5 to play doesn't mean we are out of it. But while the bad feeling isn't a Mystic Meg prediction of the truth, it is also based on past experience. Had we not conceded 7 in the last two, and not only taken 3 wins from the last 16, I doubt I would have a bad feeling about it. 

There's no future in starting Hanson, we'd get smashed in the play-off's with him in the QB role. Considering we've basically run out of CM's, but have an abundance of attacking options, we should probably try a system that doesn't use 3 CM's but uses 4 attackers.

If we get this system working, it's a team that could get through the play-off's. Could allow Dawkins to come into the Martin role. Just start Chris Martin ffs.

​With the lack of a 'proper' DM (i.e. Thorne/Mascarell/Eustace) - this HAS to be the way to go. 

The only change I'd make would be Dawkins for Hendrick - but it will more likely be Dawkins for Martin (I hope), bring Martin back slowly from that injury.

​Crikey since when have we being playing with QBs? Quarterbacks? Is this something the American owners have introduced? What next our defence start using their hands, oh they already do that, so Hanson and his mates can now all wear shoulder pads and a nice helmet with a Ram on it, and can pick up the ball and throw it to their team mates before putting the ball over the line.

If this is the case can we have 30,000 girls with pom poms, doing a bit of cheerleading on Saturday at the IPro in the stands, that will get behind the Mighty Rams, and it may help thousands of others tuning in from all over the world, if the cameraperson keeps panning around the crowd instead of showing us all that football stuff on the pitch.

"Touchdown.....for the LA Rams".......(Leicester Association)

PistoldPete2

i may be wrong but I think we played 2 in midfield,v brentford and it didn't work we were awful. Playing without a CDM has not been good for us , but we don't have much choice with all 3 injured. Play Dawkins, his retention  of the ball is good. Bent on the bench. Plus Conor sammmon and lingard as subs too. If we need to get a goal at the end to get a point, send all three of them on. 

As most of you know I'm a Royals fan, but I don't think you'll bottle it! We're AWFUL at the moment, If you want proof, these are our latest league results, starting oldest first: 

L _ L _ W _ L _ L _ D _ W _ L _ L _ D _ D _ D _ L _ L _ L _ L 

I'll get up a thread on 'Reading Fan Chat' as per other previous games together ... 

Just put the phone down from Shteve and its,

Grant

Christie  Keogh  Albentosa   Forsyth

Hanson

Hughes  Hendrick

Ince                    Russell

Bent

​If Christie gets anywhere near this team again this season i think i'll cry!

It's all about cutting out the mistakes and keeping the ball so Reading can't score.

Reading, 19th in the table, have little but pride to play for but have won on six of their past eight visits to Derby, including an FA Cup fifth round tie earlier this season.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Jeff-Hendrick-says-costly-errors-cut/story-26411189-detail/story.html

Christie is a talented right back. Most of the season he has been fine. I would reassure him and play him. Its all about opinions.

​If we had nothing to play for and the season was over, then yeah fair enough. The fact that we cannot lose against Reading and the fact that we have two play off semis and potentially a final to play for! i wouldn't let him anywhere near! No amount of re assurance is going to help him at this point, his confidence is about 0.1% at the minute, he is a grenade in our defence whenever he has played recently, he self implodes and takes the team with him. 

​If we had nothing to play for and the season was over, then yeah fair enough. The fact that we cannot lose against Reading and the fact that we have two play off semis and potentially a final to play for! i wouldn't let him anywhere near! No amount of re assurance is going to help him at this point, his confidence is about 0.1% at the minute, he is a grenade in our defence whenever he has played recently, he self implodes and takes the team with him. 

​Appreciate your view Derbados but I stick to my view. Sometimes to get the best out of someone capable you have got to show you trust them. I'm backing the lad if he plays.

Archived