Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd leave Martin on the bench *puts tin hat on* After being out for so long & completing 90 minutes today, can't help thinking we need to be a bit careful with him. He looked tired. And if we can't beat Blackpool without him, we don't deserve the playoffs! 

A front line of Bent, Ward, Ince, Dawkins should do it. 

I'd leave Martin on the bench *puts tin hat on* After being out for so long & completing 90 minutes today, can't help thinking we need to be a bit careful with him. He looked tired. And if we can't beat Blackpool without him, we don't deserve the playoffs! 

A front line of Bent, Ward, Ince, Dawkins should do it. 

​Martin looked absolutely knackered after about the 65 minute today he could barely run come the end. I'd probably still start him but you'd think by the 60th minute we should be winning and we could take him off but who knows, a side as low an confidence as us against a blackpool team with nothing to play for may not be as easy as it looks. Look at their game against ipswich today. They were no push overs 

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Hanson,  Hendrick, Bryson, Lingard, Ince, Martin. 

433/451. 

I'd have Buxton in for Whitbread and Hughes in for Hanson if available. Obvs Thorne is a gonner, not sure how long Bucko is out for? 

I think that team playing our system is the best chance we've got at going up nevermind winning this game. No more crazy, out of position systems, trying players here and there. It's crunch time, we need our best players and system to be able to have a chance so I'd get back to what we know best. 

If it fails then so be it, that's down to a lot of under performing players and a lack of improvement throughout the team over the season. 

I would rest Martin against Blackpool - we saw with Thorne the perils of pushing a player back to quickly, and Martin was out of it from 70 mins yesterday. If we can't beat Blackpool without Martin the games up anyway.  The defence has to be changed which I really hoped wouldn't be necessary but it was quite shocking yesterday. Bryson, Forsyth and Russell should be rested for their own good.

Grant

Christie Keogh Shotton (or Whitbread if fit) Warnock

Hendrick Hanson (or Koblenz) Dawkins

Ince Bent Lingard

I would definitely want Whitbread to be given some more minutes in this game as it would be beneficial if we got to the playoffs to have him available - his distribution isn't great, but I have often thought he is a very solid "old school" defender.

Back to basics.

Grant

Shotton Keogh Whitbread Forsyth

Hanson

Hendrick Dawkins

Ince Martin Russell.

Bent to come on regardless, hopefully when/if the game is comfortable. Martin is too important but after 2 months out we don't want to over-work him.

Not sure how Hendrick keeps his place above Bryson. My side:

.........................................Grant............................................

Shotton.................Keogh..................Whitbread............Forsyth

...........................Bryson..................Dawkins.........................

..............Russell.....................Ince........................Lingard

..............................................Bent........................................

Subs: Roos - Martin - Ward - Albentosa - Warnock - Hendrick - Hanson

Martin should only play if we are struggling second half. (Don't break him)

Archived