Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

​I dont want to drop them all but how about we have a centre half at i dont know errrrrrmmm centre half and left back at .....lets think left back? we shouldnt have to play players out of position and **** two positions up doing so!

we looked like we played on saturday botched togehter and clueless all i want is players in there positions and if that means we bring a lad from the U21 in then lets give it a go! if it goes tits we can always bring roos or whoever you want on there place but atleast start with the right shape!

​We have Shotton and Christie back who were unavailable on Saturday so my guess is either of those will be right-back. Then we've got decent options at CB. Any two of Keogh, Albentosa, Whitbread, Shotton (if he isn't RB) or even Rawson who we now have back here and has done well at this level. Forysth or Warnock left back. There's no need to go picking players out of the U21s just because it's Blackpool at home.

Yes on paper we should win, on paper every side in this division should beat them, that's probably where they've got their points. Let's not take them for granted and an automatic three points or else relegated or not they could be adding to their points tally.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​We have Shotton and Christie back who were unavailable on Saturday so my guess is either of those will be right-back. Then we've got decent options at CB. Any two of Keogh, Albentosa, Whitbread, Shotton (if he isn't RB) or even Rawson who we now have back here and has done well at this level. Forysth or Warnock left back. There's no need to go picking players out of the U21s just because it's Blackpool at home.

Yes on paper we should win, on paper every side in this division should beat them, that's probably where they've got their points. Let's not take them for granted and an automatic three points or else relegated or not they could be adding to their points tally.

:unsure: we will see man any repeat of saturdays performance level and they could put there kids out!

:unsure: we will see man any repeat of saturdays performance level and they could put there kids out!

​We had a good first 10 mins vs Brentford and could easily have scored on a couple of occasions. If they'd have gone in we could have seen a very different overall performance and game. It's safe to say we're lacking confidence hugely at the moment, so dropping the regulars for kids won't do much to build the confidence. We need a good performance, an early goal to settle us and hopefully some flowing football can happen again.

Play like we did at home v Brighton for the first 30 mins and we could be 5-0 up within half an hour.

​Case of best of a bad bunch I guess. I don't rate him, but I'd rather him there than a makeshift Forsyth at centre-back.

Forgot Hughes was out for two games so Dawkins has to play in CM, as a midfield two of Bry and Hendrick is awful.

Says the so called expert. Dawkins in cm? Pahahahahahahahaha so glad you're not In charge at Derby County Football Club. 

Says the so called expert. Dawkins in cm? Pahahahahahahahaha so glad you're not In charge at Derby County Football Club. 

​Dawkins can do something Bryson and Hendrick are clearly in capable of doing. Holding position, creating space for others, retaining possession and having vision.

Not sure if you noticed, but we were losing 1-0 to Brentford at half-time and looked absolutely diabolical in midfield. Second half wasn't a massive improvement, but it was better ad Dawkins at CM did something our others previously couldn't.

I'm not a football expert, but at least I can see what players like Dawks offers. You profess to love the game of football, but you can't even recognise a decent football player with decent ball ability when he's right in-front of you.

You're the typical English fan, and with your mentality and many others like you it is exactly the reason why we haven't won a major trophy in 50 years 

​Dawkins can do something Bryson and Hendrick are clearly in capable of doing. Holding position, creating space for others, retaining possession and having vision.

Not sure if you noticed, but we were losing 1-0 to Brentford at half-time and looked absolutely diabolical in midfield. Second half wasn't a massive improvement, but it was better ad Dawkins at CM did something our others previously couldn't.

I'm not a football expert, but at least I can see what players like Dawks offers. You profess to love the game of football, but you can't even recognise a decent football player with decent ball ability when he's right in-front of you.

You're the typical English fan, and with your mentality and many others like you it is exactly the reason why we haven't won a major trophy in 50 years 

Lol you're blind ****. Dawns offered nothing apart of only skills that about it and will never a cm at all. 50 years? Lol more like 40 years dumbass. What's 'typical English fan' got to do with Dawkins in cm? Doh. 

You must be related to Dawkins or blind mate!!

He does have some skill on the ball but doesn't use it to create anything

Wouldnt even be on the bench if I were picking the team

Just my opinion!! And yes I can spot a decent footballer

​Not related, but I just appreciate his style. I have always appreciated players with decent close control, passing etc. 

And he does create something, he creates space and opportunities for the attackers to work something in the final third. He fed our front players far more in the second half than Bryson or Hendrick managed in the entire 90 minutes.

He's not a winger, well not in the type of a Jamie Ward. IMO he's our best link player and at CM he has the ability to provide that link between defence and attack - something we will NEVER have when playing Bryson and Hendrick at CM.

He's an Iniesta, Modric type player and massively undervalued. He doesn't need to play killer passes, score goals or charge at the opposition in order to be useful - so many fans simply don't understand this.

Lol you're blind ****. Dawns offered nothing apart of only skills that about it and will never a cm at all. 50 years? Lol more like 40 years dumbass. What's 'typical English fan' got to do with Dawkins in cm? Doh. 

​Didn't we last win something in 1966, by my calculations that's a lot closer to 50 than 40.

You're a typical English fan, by your posts you prefer players with huff and puff, crunching tackles and the odd wondergoal - the attributes which makes the likes of Steven Gerrard the world's best midfielder right?

If you can't see what Dawkins offers, then I pity you. 

​Didn't we last win something in 1966, by my calculations that's a lot closer to 50 than 40.

You're a typical English fan, by your posts you prefer players with huff and puff, crunching tackles and the odd wondergoal - the attributes which makes the likes of Steven Gerrard the world's best midfielder right?

If you can't see what Dawkins offers, then I pity you. 

What England got to do with Derby County? What a weirdo. Dawkins is NOT cm at all. All this 'typical English fan' is stupid, you mentioned Gerrard and AGAIN WHAT THAT GOT TO DO WITH DERBY COUNTY? 

You argue your point well, but I still wouldn't pick him to be honest.

However he can't do much worse than some of the others at present.

Never a cm at all mate, shame Hughes still banned for this one though. 

What England got to do with Derby County? What a weirdo. Dawkins is NOT cm at all. All this 'typical English fan' is stupid, you mentioned Gerrard and AGAIN WHAT THAT GOT TO DO WITH DERBY COUNTY? 

​The assumption that a typical English fan is one who can't appreciate players who bring control, possession, movement etc. to the table.

Why exactly can't Dawkins play at CM? What doesn't he possess? Why isn't he good enough to paly there? In a midfield three, what are the exact attributes you wish to see from a midfielder?

Dawkins should play at the tip of the three for me in the most advanced position, we have barely given him ago in that role so I think we should at least give it a try.

​Where does Bent go then? This is presuming Martin is rested based on comments on his fitness today.

If Dawkins plays I'd rather he play central behind Bent, threading balls through to Bent or spreading them wide for Ince/Russell to do damage on the wings.

Archived