Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

My Team for this one

Grant

Keogh Albentosa Whitbred Warnock

Dawkins      Hendrick

Ince             Martin              Lingard

Bent

More solid look to it i think ,it's all out for the last few games no point in keeping Martin on the bench it's squeaky bum time now.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a think about my team and this is it:

Grant

Keogh     Albentosa  Whitbread   Forsyth

Hanson

Hendrick                 Bryson

Ince

Bent            Martin

• Hanson in because I feel like we missed someone sitting in the hole between defence and midfield, a player that screens the back 4.
  • Ince and Russell are interchangable. Went with Ince because he prefers playing down the middle.
  • Forsyth stays because it's harsh berating him when he's playing out of position.

Good point about the shield for the defence, definitely we were far too open against Brentford. Hendrick and Bryson I think only play well together when paired alongside a genuine tackler.

Not been a massive Whitbread fan really and I think he will most likely leave on a free at the end of the season but can see a case for him coming in as a stopgap, tended to be very negative with his passing though in some of the games he played before he got injured which was very frustrating to watch, however suppose its better than giving it away all the time as we did on Saturday. Thought Albentosa did OK and should play again though he doesn't look any superstar.

Didn't think Warnock looked any better than Forsyth at LB to be honest, seems another average signing by McClaren (most of the better ones seem to have been made by Clough!) so although Forsyth was woeful v Brentford (was considering giving him my first ever 0/10) can understand how he could be picked again on the left, even though his passing has never really improved much all season from being very bad!

Ince inside might be an idea as he rarely goes down the wing and delivers crosses, nearly always cuts inside in an individualistic attempt to shoot at goal, that's just the way he plays.

I like how Whitbread has suddenly become a world beater as he's been out the team for ages.

None of you lot rated him a few months ago.

Cickle Funts.

​Case of best of a bad bunch I guess. I don't rate him, but I'd rather him there than a makeshift Forsyth at centre-back.

Forgot Hughes was out for two games so Dawkins has to play in CM, as a midfield two of Bry and Hendrick is awful.

Dawkins in as a defensive midfieler and the words solid being mentioned in the same para. Sweet lord.

When a high ball comes to in, he sh1ts himself and tries to either 1) run out of the way or 2) get his foot up so high that he looks like a ten year old kid who is scared to head the ball.

my prediction is no one on here will get this team selection correct.

I like how Whitbread has suddenly become a world beater as he's been out the team for ages.

None of you lot rated him a few months ago.

Cickle Funts.

He played well when he came on as sub.

a round peg etc etc. 

We cant start Martin after a full 90 at the weekend, not fit enough and we could see a reoccurance of his injury.

Stick Bent up front again, but put Dawkins in behind him. Have someone on the pitch that knows how to hold onto a ball and bring other players into the game, get it into his feet and let him move it on to some one else.

Owen Bradley confirms that, Shotton and Christie are both fit for tomorrow and Rawson is available.

With the news of Martin being a concern I will change my starting line up to :

Grant

Shotton    Keogh       Whitbread     Forsyth

Hanson      Hendrick

Ince                  Dawkins              Russell

Bent

im going with who gives a rats ass.....we need to beat a team already relegated we should be able to put the kids out!

​A side who are level with us for the play-offs played them at home at beat them 3-2. It took an 83rd minute winner. In our previous game with them this season, it took an 81st minute penalty to beat them. They put 4 past Forest. They're not pushovers and underestimate them at our own risk. We need to treat this game like every other or we'll get turned over simple as. They've got nothing to lose, they're just going to play. There were calls for the kids to played vs Southport and that nearly went wrong so lets just put our best side, as we should for every league match.

​A side who are level with us for the play-offs played them at home at beat them 3-2. It took an 83rd minute winner. In our previous game with them this season, it took an 81st minute penalty to beat them. They put 4 past Forest. They're not pushovers and underestimate them at our own risk. We need to treat this game like every other or we'll get turned over simple as. They've got nothing to lose, they're just going to play. There were calls for the kids to played vs Southport and that nearly went wrong so lets just put our best side, as we should for every league match.

​Best side did you see us on saturday? get a couple of academy lads in play players where they should play! Blackpool are relegated thats a a fact if we want to get into the play offs then we should be beating sides like blackpool at home !

​Best side did you see us on saturday? get a couple of academy lads in play players where they should play! Blackpool are relegated thats a a fact if we want to get into the play offs then we should be beating sides like blackpool at home !

​Yes I did. So if that's our best side what do you think a bunch of players who have never played at this level will be like? These players have got us in to a play-off position so far and you want most of them dropped for kids?

Thank god you're not manager otherwise the Blackpool we should be beating at home will be beating us tomorrow.

​Yes I did. So if that's our best side what do you think a bunch of players who have never played at this level will be like? These players have got us in to a play-off position so far and you want most of them dropped for kids?

Thank god you're not manager otherwise the Blackpool we should be beating at home will be beating us tomorrow.

​I dont want to drop them all but how about we have a centre half at i dont know errrrrrmmm centre half and left back at .....lets think left back? we shouldnt have to play players out of position and **** two positions up doing so!

we looked like we played on saturday botched togehter and clueless all i want is players in there positions and if that means we bring a lad from the U21 in then lets give it a go! if it goes tits we can always bring roos or whoever you want on there place but atleast start with the right shape!

Archived