Derby County vs Blackpool

Carl Sagan

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christie and Shotton are back. 

If Martin is fit and available then I would like to see: Grant; Christie, Keogh, Whitbread/Rawson, Forsyth; Hanson/Klobenz, Dawkins; Ince, Martin, Lingard/Russell; Bent.

If Martin isn't fit or available then I would like to see: Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread/Rawson, Warnock; Hanson/Klobenz, Hendrick; Ince, Dawkins, Lingard/Russell; Bent. 

Forsyth at left back is all well and good when he has Martin to pass to. When Martin isn't there and he has no discernible target then he ***** himself and just gives it the opposition. Christie is at his very best going forward when he has someone who will come and do those little triangles with him. If Dawkins plays a little deeper then he can help him out as he will come for the ball. If Dawkins plays more forward then I would opt for Shotton and Hendrick. Russell is purely dependant on how fit he is/isnt. 

I've heard good things about Klobenz, so whether he is worth a chance or not is anybodies guess. I know that we need a defensive midfielder of sorts in the team. We just need that balance back. 

However, I fully expect this team to line up: Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Bryson, Hendrick; Ward, Ince, Russell; Bent. 

​Admittedly I've seen Klobenz play for about half an hour in the U21 game against Southampton but I thought he technically looked decent. Composed on the ball and very aware. Was surprised Hanson got given the nod ahead of him. Given the circumstances they probably wanted more of a brute in that position rather than a ball player. 

I'm done with Forsyth, rather see Warnock at LB (even though he wasnt very good Saturday either) and rather see Whitbread at CB.

I think tonight will show a lot about the harmony and general attitude of the club. Ideally we want to see the players go out there with everyone buzzing around, high tempo, wanting and dominating the ball. 

On the other hand, I wouldnt be shocked to see us struggle at a sedate tempo, fans on the players back and we scrape a 1-0 win or worse lose/draw. 

I know it's all about the result at this time of the season, but a confident high scoring victory could be exactly what we need to set us up well for the play offs. 

Archived