Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I really reading season over posts?

Automatics are over unless there's a mass collapse above us, 7 games to cement a place in the play offs is a very achievable target.

International break, get players back fit and do this.

7 games is plenty to bring back some form, build confidence and momentum.

Not too worried, Ref should have played advantage and Ince scored, quite unbelievable from the ref. Plus player should have been sent off !! hit the bar, the post and Grant keeps punching, and Forsyth ball was awful. Roos and Warnock to come in and we will be fine - We have enough players to come back and we will win the last 7 games with Thorne, Martin to come in. We tore Wolves apart most parts of the game..

No words. 6 games left. Minimum 6 point gap to second tomorrow, could be 8. Can we make all that back ahead of the four, possibly 5 teams ahead of us? I don't think so.

We must consolidate our play off position now & get our confidence back.

No words. 6 games left. Minimum 6 point gap to second tomorrow, could be 8. Can we make all that back ahead of the four, possibly 5 teams ahead of us? I don't think so.

We must consolidate our play off position now & get our confidence back.

Feel so hard by. We play badly and we lose. We play ok and we lose. We play well and we lose.

what can be done? How do you keep confident? 

Soul destroying defeat for me. Most gutting defeat in years with the exception of QPR. 

It's the culmination of injuries, refereeing, occasional bad performance and every single mistake punished. 

It´s weird to say it but honestly this is the best i have seen us play since losing Martin to injury.

If we build on this performance and effort with a full strength team, we still have a hope of

coming good after securing playoffs.  i´m shaking my head while laughing though after

watching this freak of a game, it´s either that or tear my hair out and i can´t spare any.

I can't understand how we lost that. Well I can. The ref ****** it up completely in the first half.

I thought we played really well and we should obviously have been up 1-0 at the break. We came out well in the second half until Fozzy misplaced that pass. Then we got even better, but it was shades of Wembley last year with them throwing everyone behind the ball and trying to catch us on the counter.

The Grant error can't be defended, but the Wolves keeper was lucky some of his mistakes didn't cost them goals. It just wasn't our day.

Positives to take from the game: We played well and created lots of chances against one of the best defences in the league using a new formation still without some of our best players. Negative points: Doesn't look like we'll go up automatically and we need to start getting results before we fall any further.

Trying incredibly hard to not be a defeatist but when you see your team give two goals away like that it's pretty much impossible. 

I just wish one team had actually out played us in this bad run rather than us gifting them points. That's the most hurtful. 

Not going to read this thread tonight. Too disappointed. One poor refereeing decision, and two horrible player errors. I know they will be more gutted than me so let's not dwell on that. But for all our genuine huff and puff tonight we really were not good enough.  I think we are at best a top six club in this league, but on our day one of the best.  Martin and Thorne will give us that extra quality in the last 9 games. If we can make 10 games we have a Zamora chance. Have a good night Ram fans, I am going to keep topping my glass up as the bottom of it is equally depressing.

Good performance tonight much improved from past games especially baring in mind our terrible injury list. Some poor individual errors cost us tonight from both our defense and the referee. Maybe take a note out of Wolves  defensive capabilities. 

There is nothing wrong with getting in the play offs or beating that being in the championship next season.

A few years ago we were on the cusp of being folded and not even existing as a club. We have been treated to some wonderful football in the past 18 months it may be a tough patch now but we are in a good place as a side.  I am proud to call myself a Derby fan and I am looking forward to an interesting end to the season. 

Now go out and try and enjoy your weekend!!

yes the referee,s discission in first half was appauling ....  but GIFTING WOLVES 2 GOALS was criminal  ...   wish we could have defended like Wolves ..we may have stood a chance ...   imo Bent wasnt fit and was played  due to not having a striker ....   its going to be close if we make the play offs or not

I am actually a little encouraged by tonight. Yes, we self destructed, but we started playing it around again in the Derby way, which I always enjoy, even if we lose. We have developed an alternative to the target-man approach, and barring some poor refereeing and some catastrophic defensive lapses we did ok. Admittedly, we never got the bounce of the ball in the important areas, but this is usually the case when you are low on confidence. I think, once we have the squad back together, and a two week break, we can achieve play-offs, and then show em all what Derby can really do. The futures bright, the futures Black and White.

COYR.

Archived