Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blown it!

Another example of not only bad refereeing but poor defending, Grant has expired as a first choice, too many howlers.... Bent is hopeless up front without a dive buddy He's in the deep without oxygen, with the Bent bends.... This time tomorrow we will hanging by the skin in 6th with everyone above gaining distance,and below queuing to overtake us,No play off's this year the dream is over..... Watford ticket I have but they will stuff us so really not looking forwards to that impending disaster...... We're just not ready I'm sad to say :(

Thought it'd be down to Bryson.

That's why we lost at Wembley isn't it?

Do you think that you might have a slightly biased opinion on Bryson?  

isn't it odd that you rate Bryson miles more than any other Derby fan and that you know him. 

to me, my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the world. But I grudgingly accept that it might not be factually correct. 

Every week it's about Bryson with you. He's just an ok Champ footballer. There's loads of them. 

As much as it was a dissapointment tonight, i don't think we should lose sight of where we have come from in such a short amount of time.   We now play a brand of football, that I wouldn't like to see abandoned regardless of the results we get.

Yes promotion has to be the ultimate goal, but if it was at the sacfrice of the way we play football, then I'd rather stay in the championship, Steve has us playing football that most fans in this league would love to see week in week out.  We recently had a manger that put results over performance and got us promoted, what followed for the next few years was a disaster for the club and fans alike.

We have to keep our fingers crossed that our bad luck does not continue, yes we are going to make mistakes the way we play, but given wolves had 3 shots on target, we had a goal wrongly chalked of, hit the woodwork twice, and dominated possession, most weeks we would be winning that game comfortablly.  

Thought it'd be down to Bryson.

That's why we lost at Wembley isn't it?

Do you think that you might have a slightly biased opinion on Bryson?  

isn't it odd that you rate Bryson miles more than any other Derby fan and that you know him. 

to me, my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the world. But I grudgingly accept that it might not be factually correct. 

Every week it's about Bryson with you. He's just an ok Champ footballer. There's loads of them. 

See you at Wembley lads.

Having watched all of that I am certain we will make the playoffs and not only that I am sure we will give out some right beatings along the way.  This horrendous run of bad luck cant last. Macs comments afterwards were not only factually correct they were dignified and confident.

We have a very good side here at Derby. How many opposition managers have set us as the bench mark. Kenny Jacket is yet another to add to the list.

This is all true and we know how ValleyRam rates Bryson well above his level but I would like to give Bryson some credit for tonight. I thought he was much better than he has been recently.

I think Hendrick should be a lot better than Bryson but he's just not doing it right now. I really don't understand it either. He can be absolutely brilliant but then he just goes missing for large parts of games. I think Hendrick's potential is a good midtable Premier League midfielder but he hasn't really improved after a year under McClaren's coaching and that's a little worrying. 

As much as it was a dissapointment tonight, i don't think we should lose sight of where we have come from in such a short amount of time.   We now play a brand of football, that I wouldn't like to see abandoned regardless of the results we get.

Yes promotion has to be the ultimate goal, but if it was at the sacfrice of the way we play football, then I'd rather stay in the championship, Steve has us playing football that most fans in this league would love to see week in week out.  We recently had a manger that put results over performance and got us promoted, what followed for the next few years was a disaster for the club and fans alike.

We have to keep our fingers crossed that our bad luck does not continue, yes we are going to make mistakes the way we play, but given wolves had 3 shots on target, we had a goal wrongly chalked of, hit the woodwork twice, and dominated possession, most weeks we would be winning that game comfortablly.  

​Of course I only want to watch a successful team. If you want to watch anything but success then you're a masochistic fool. If you're willing to put up with garbage for the good times to eventually roll round then you're sensible. I'm that person. So get off your high horse

Correct jeff has everything to be top player and when in possession of Jersey and playing well I have no qualms about Bryso being on bench but if you have a big squad and he's not playing well I'm afraid you should sit out and that never happened 

in my opinion, derby are just big green bottle jobs, they have no nerve and every game blame officials or injury, just man up and grow some balls and learn to hold onto a 2-0 lead against **** teams like birmingham

Can't fault the performance it was very very similar to the Brighton game actually. The referee was a disgrace. I look back on the Hendrick woodwork at Brighton and the ince woodwork tonight as defining moments. Automatics are definitely gone now and a playoff place is not gauranteed. I could moan about the defence but we aren't scoring either. If it wasn't for ruddys mistake it would be 270 mins without a goal, that's worrying. We need to regroup and concentrate on the playoffs and get momentum. We are capable of winning all 7 games if we cut out mistakes and get Martin back fit. It's been disappointing but that's football. We still have something to play for and I will take that. DCFC

Fuming tonight. No matter which way I look at it, I cannot understand the decision from the ref not to send their defender off. It's either no foul and a goal, or a foul and a red. Make no mistake, that would have changed the game.

It just feels like nothing is going our way lately, and being a pessimist I fear that it's not going to be our year.  We've had to battle to earn every point this season, and we suffered the bad luck of losing Thorne before a ball was kicked.

That said, the errors tonight were shocking. I don't rate Grant at all, and that partially illustrates why. The main thing with him is how flat footed he is, and how little command he has of the penalty area. 99% of keepers are decent shot stoppers (it's pretty much the least you expect of a GK), but what distinguishes the rest are attributes like command, decision making and overall presence. Grant falls short on these, in my opinion.

Surprised to see some criticism of Albentosa though; I think he looks fairly solid, and it's worth bearing in mind that a) he doesn't speak the lingo b) he's playing on his unfavoured left side, c) he's only played about 3 games, and d) he's playing alongside Keogh.

​Fans who only want to want to watch a successful team. Obviously we all want the team to be the best they can but I'll support Derby no matter what. Didn't really sound like that from you

We played okay tonight but in the end the result was all too similar. 

It's hard to say exactly what went wrong tonight, but I would put it down to 'not being our year'. I think the last six games have proven that; its just fell apart for this club. 

You can blame who you want, but just enjoy it. It won't be long before we're watching some bloke signed from Ssausagehorpe picking out the top flood light and calling it a pass. 

Archived