Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

Friday 20th March

19:45 KO

Molineux Stadium

Sometimes you have to just take matters into your own hands. I'm gonna step up to the mark for this, lose and our automatic chances have almost faded into non-existence. I'm afraid after our poor run recently we need to turn this around this match or we will find ourselves battling for a playoff spot rather than the automatic spot we all dream of! 

Hopefully I can lead us to the promised land! First time lucky and all that.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must win again especially because they are closing in on us. If mac plays russell up front again then I'm sorry, he is not the manager we think he is. Rather we play thomas. Can someone confirm if hughes is suspended for this game?

The end of a massive week. Needed to cling on to the top sides. Can't see how anything less than a win will do that. So ill start thinking play offs if we don't win. 

Boro v Bournemouth and Watford v Ipswich on Sat. 

If we're going to get any favours then we have to do our bit

The end of a massive week. Needed to cling on to the top sides. Can't see how anything less than a win will do that. So ill start thinking play offs if we don't win. 

Boro v Bournemouth and Watford v Ipswich on Sat. 

If we're going to get any favours then we have to do our bit

I remember when Wolves came to town earlier this season, some weren't that confident, they were in good form prior, and we absolutely demolished them.

Get the tapes out Mac, remind the boys of what they can do, convince the replacements of their worth, and most of all give them the courage to play fluid football on the deck, no point playing a game alien to us and hoping for the best, set out to play our game, if it's not good enough then so be it, but at least we'll have died on our feet, rather than lived on our knees.

Going to be a tough one, Wolves are going to want to make a point! Similar to Forest and Fulham.

Personally I would stick with Russell because I think we'll need his work rate and hopefully he'll get a reward this time.

I'm going with 1-2. I also think Middlesbrough and Watford will win this weekend too!

I would like to see

Grant

Christie   Keogh          Albentosa    Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson                              Hughes

Ince                                     Dawkins

Bent

That's if Bent and Thorne are fit if not god knows stick forsyth up front he's tall

I'm going for...

Grant

Fozzy     Keogh     Albentosa     Christie

Hanson

Hughes     Bryson

Russell     Thomas     Lingard/Dawkins

I'd hate to restart the CF/striker debate but do think lumping balls up to wee Johnny isn't plating to his strengths and we've all seen enough evidence of that over the last few games.  Think it would be cute management to retain Russell in the side and tell him to get back to what he does best, might be worried about the psychological effect of the last couple of weeks otherwise.

I'm going for...

Grant

Christie     Keogh     Albentosa     Fozzy

Hanson

Hughes     Bryson

Russell     Thomas     Lingard/Dawkins

I'd hate to restart the CF/striker debate but do think lumping balls up to wee Johnny isn't plating to his strengths and we've all seen enough evidence of that over the last few games.  Think it would be cute management to retain Russell in the side and tell him to get back to what he does best, might be worried about the psychological effect of the last couple of weeks otherwise.

IF we lose then I would think that the automatic promotion places by the end of the weekend depending on results will be too far away.

That does not mean that the season is over this means that we have to show some steel and make sure that we can gather enough points to secure a playoff spot then see what happens,

Same team against wolves for me on current form think that a draw is the best we could hope for but its football and derby so you just never know.

Archived