Farrend Rawson

DcFc Dyycheee

Basically the rules are that every player who takes the field must be duly registered to play. If not they are in-eligible and the team that field them have potentially gained an unfair advantage. The advantage is more likely to be points based than financially based so a points deduction if the game was won is not unfair. The unfair part is the punishment not being laid down openly so all know what to expect. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically the rules are that every player who takes the field must be duly registered to play. If not they are in-eligible and the team that field them have potentially gained an unfair advantage. The advantage is more likely to be points based than financially based so a points deduction if the game was won is not unfair. The unfair part is the punishment not being laid down openly so all know what to expect. 

Note - this reply may be duplicated as the "submit" button yet again is not responding.

​Except that other teams have had points deducted for the same thing... You guys are saying "awww poor little Rotherham... let's NOT take points from them because they're a small team"... It's EXACTLY the same thing you're having a go at the league for!

One rule... applied equally... they messed up... they pay the penalty... they've known ALL season they might be down the bottom at the end so they should make sure they get their paperwork right...

​I'd also point out that I'm not saying this just for Rotherham, I find the practice of deducting points for such paperwork issues absolutely abhorrent every time it happens. It's just madness. It's paperwork before football, and while I can get the need for a fine if it could have been used to gain an advantage (i.e. a player could no longer have been registered, and they played), but when it's just an issue of their loan not being extended when they thought it was, that's a whole different kettle of fish. 

To me the issue isn't "one rule for one", but rather such sanctions don't fit the crime in the first place. 

The claim is that they've gained an "unfair advantage", yet how have they? The player could have been registered. The issue is that by some issue he wasn't, for whatever reason. The only way to logically claim an unfair advantage is "well, other teams did their paperwork properly", but then you're literally claiming that paperwork should have some impact on the league table. 

Again, I don't oppose a fine, I don't oppose points deductions where the player could never have been eligible, but if it were only a paperwork error that meant they weren't I can't see how anything more than a fine can be justified beyond placing paperwork above football. 

"Rawson took 10 minutes to settle, improved up to half-time and was then utterly commanding throughout the second half as the Millers pulled off a 2-0 Yorkshire-derby win."

something we dont have at the minute! i hope he gets his chance next season, would love to see a homegrown lad make a CB position his own 

Expect he will be in the squad this weekend. He wasn't involved with the under 21's yesterday.

​Could just be to take him to the training camp in Spain to get him involved with the first team. He may be in the squad but he may not, don't think his U21 exclusion is proof he will though

​I'd also point out that I'm not saying this just for Rotherham, I find the practice of deducting points for such paperwork issues absolutely abhorrent every time it happens. It's just madness. It's paperwork before football, and while I can get the need for a fine if it could have been used to gain an advantage (i.e. a player could no longer have been registered, and they played), but when it's just an issue of their loan not being extended when they thought it was, that's a whole different kettle of fish. 

To me the issue isn't "one rule for one", but rather such sanctions don't fit the crime in the first place. 

The claim is that they've gained an "unfair advantage", yet how have they? The player could have been registered. The issue is that by some issue he wasn't, for whatever reason. The only way to logically claim an unfair advantage is "well, other teams did their paperwork properly", but then you're literally claiming that paperwork should have some impact on the league table. 

Again, I don't oppose a fine, I don't oppose points deductions where the player could never have been eligible, but if it were only a paperwork error that meant they weren't I can't see how anything more than a fine can be justified beyond placing paperwork above football. 

​The loan wasn't extended though, he came back here and is still back here. They played him in a game that he should not have been playing in and cheated for 3 extra points. Those points will now be taken from them. 

​The loan wasn't extended though, he came back here and is still back here. They played him in a game that he should not have been playing in and cheated for 3 extra points. Those points will now be taken from them. 

​So has it actually been confirmed that he's back with us now? I thought he'd gone back on loan to him, or was that unconfirmed in the end? 

Actually, it seems he's been played in the U21s since. What on Earth happened there. 

Maybe they thought the loan went to a different day, which depending on his first match comes to the same point, did they mess up their paperwork. 

If they really did just lose track of when he was meant to leave though, that seems pretty open and shut if he's not gone back. 

Note - this reply may be duplicated as the "submit" button yet again is not responding.

I'm sure this submit button plays in our defence

Archived