Farrend Rawson

DcFc Dyycheee

​I have no idea what will happen during the summer. Only that it should be interesting time to be a Rams fan.

We need more surgery than barker's knee.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure he is the answer considering Rotherhams results as of late but still it is good to hear there are so many academy products capable of making the step up which Farend can clearly do.

If we fail to go up this season I will still take pride in how amazing our academy is.

Not sure he is the answer considering Rotherhams results as of late but still it is good to hear there are so many academy products capable of making the step up which Farend can clearly do.

If we fail to go up this season I will still take pride in how amazing our academy is.

​Well Rotherham fans have only good things to say and not just good but great by the looks of it and a lot of them rate him very highly from what they have seen. I know he has one two mom awards with them on various fan websites. 

I can't see the harm in throwing him in now against blackpool for example and see how he does, he makes a mistake and we concede a goal? Well that ship has already sailed my friend, well not a ship more of a fleet of ships over the past 10 games when it comes to conceding goals from mistakes. 

He's been very good, or at least rated to be very good, in the games he has played. I haven't read one bad match report yet. 

He was named man of the match against Forest despite losing 3-1. 

I couldn't understand why we didn't recall him, he's probably been our best defender at this level over the past two months and it wasn't with us. 

I'd happily see him replace either Albentosa or Forsyth at CB. 

He's been very good, or at least rated to be very good, in the games he has played. I haven't read one bad match report yet. 

He was named man of the match against Forest despite losing 3-1. 

I couldn't understand why we didn't recall him, he's probably been our best defender at this level over the past two months and it wasn't with us. 

I'd happily see him replace either Albentosa or Forsyth at CB. 

​They lost 2-0 to the Gumps and he had a WhoScored rating of 5.9 for that one. Plus his overall pass success is apparently less than 60%, despite never playing any long balls.

He's only played 4 games at this level. Rotherham have a surfeit of loanees so don't pick him because they need to rotate the 5 they're choosing. To me that suggests he's getting good experience and is in the right place for now. Brilliant he's being talked about and had some good performances, but now's not the time to bring him into the Derby first team.

​They lost 2-0 to the Gumps and he had a WhoScored rating of 5.9 for that one. Plus his overall pass success is apparently less than 60%, despite never playing any long balls.

He's only played 4 games at this level. Rotherham have a surfeit of loanees so don't pick him because they need to rotate the 5 they're choosing. To me that suggests he's getting good experience and is in the right place for now. Brilliant he's being talked about and had some good performances, but now's not the time to bring him into the Derby first team.

If he was playing in League One or Two then I would tend to agree but since our defenders aren't exactly in good form and the noise around him, while playing at this level, is very good then I would tend to disagree. ​

If we had Keogh and Buxton fit and playing then yeah I would argue that it may not be right for him to come in too but we don't. In the past two months I can't think of any defender that's done well. In contrast, he has been getting rave reviews.

I don't know how to post links up, but these are the man of the match votes I was referencing:

https://twitter.com/Vitalrotherham/status/586260686243762176 - named Man of the Match against Brighton

https://twitter.com/Vitalrotherham/status/579231013722816512 - named Man of the Match against Forest

https://twitter.com/Vitalrotherham/status/577871709513994240 - Jack Hunt was named MOTM in the game against Wigan he played in. Although after the match Steve Evans singled him out in the post-match press conference as the best player in his side.

https://twitter.com/Vitalrotherham/status/576122782632820736 - Kari Arnason was named MOTM in the game against Huddersfield he played in. 

four games, four goals conceded - two clean sheets - plus rave reviews. 

I'm not saying he's the saviour but deserves a crack considering our defensive situation. I'd care to bet if you dropped Albentosa or Forsyth at CB in their team they wouldn't have even come close to those reviews. 

But apparently @Ambitious has got his way! Taken from https://www.clubcall.com/derby-county/rawson-returns-to-rams-1765679.html:

'Rawson, a central defender, impressed on each of the four occasions he played for Steve Evans' men and extended his stay at New York until the end of the campaign earlier this week.

'But the Rams have triggered a recall and taken Rawson back to the iPro Stadium.

'"Evans said after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough: "Farrend Rawson has gone back to Derby, I was only aware of that on Thursday.

'"I am disappointed with that I thought he was with us for the rest of the season.

'"I don't think there's a chance he will be back. I am disappointed. He was the best defender we had at the football club, I hope to work with that young man in the future but we'll see."'

Some stats, for those that like them... Based on the past month! 

Rawson concedes possession for his side once every 8.57 minutes. The best of any Rotherham player in the past month. This is comfortably higher than any of our players that have played centre back in the past month. Twice as good as Forsyth who concedes possession every 3.88 minutes. 

He has won more 'duels' over the past month than any of our defenders. God knows what qualifies as a 'duel' though. He has also won more aerial battles than any of our defenders in the past month, too.

The odd thing that I can't understand regarding Rawson is that he makes a pass every 3.53 minutes. All our defenders are below two minutes per pass, however, Rawson doesn't tend to play long balls, either. 

There's nothing too worrying regarding the stats, coupled with the reviews from Steve Evans and other supporters, I would have no problem watching him come into the first team on Tuesday. He's clearly on the crest of a wave, so lets see him produce that for Derby in these last four/seven games. 

I feel fot this kid, I really do.

Derby fans are waiting for the Messiah and seeing scapegoats everywhere. So we have this talented 18-year CB, not a striker or other easier position, but teenager CB who could be thrown to the first team lions. I fear what can happen, just hoping everything ends up well.

Talk about throwing people to deep end and see if they can swim has never been more accurate.

I feel fot this kid, I really do.

Derby fans are waiting for the Messiah and seeing scapegoats everywhere. So we have this talented 18-year CB, not a striker or other easier position, but teenager CB who could be thrown to the first team lions. I fear what can happen, just hoping everything ends up well.

Talk about throwing people to deep end and see if they can swim has never been more accurate.

Perhaps we could throw him to the Farend instead? I agree he is still a bit raw Son.

It is not about opposition, it's more about expectations and vile atmosphere which surrounds our club, especially fans, at the moment. And the fact we are losing team which has lost its way to play doesn't make it easiert.

I feel for the lad and Rotherham, we have plenty of defenders and plenty of changes in defence which has been detrimental to why we look nervous at the back.

we didn't like it when jordon ibe went back to Liverpool so letting Rotherham fight a relagation battle without there best defender is rough.

I would like to spin this positively if I may.

Either we've just taken Rotherham's best defender at a key time of the season and put him in the squad for Tuesday, like a new signing. Or we've just taken Rotherham's best defender and he's not even going to get a game because we're that damn good*.

*'Good' status pending dependent on results

It is a strange one in all honesty because we do have three fit centre backs. If he does come straight into the starting line up, is it a vote of no confidence by McClaren in his own signing albentosa? Or is it straight in for Forsyth and whitbread is being overlooked?  I am excited at the prospect of him playing for us and being really good because of his reviews at rotherham but I won't be disappointed if he comes and doesn't play well as he is only 18 and if any fan was to boo or criticise him at such a tender age playing with a mistaken prone defence, then they are an idiot. 

Blackpool is probably a good game for him to come in to be honest, on paper there isn't an easier game and like I said in a previous post he's coming into a defence that has made mistake after mistake over recent weeks so its not like hes coming into a really solid defence and making it worse, he can only surely make it better.....

Unless he suddenly turns and runs at his own goal and places a beautiful shot beyond Grant, rips his Derby shirt off to reveal his beloved blackpool kit and jumps on the blackpool fan who travelled alone....... that would be worse.

Never mind then.... :angry:

​Ah for god sake what was the point in any of my posts, i've wasted my entire life!!!!!! Doesn't make sense, they said it had been extended on Tuesday, then recalled yesterday, now extended again?!

Archived