Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

You can score as many goals as you want but if you can't defend it's for nothing. Also we are over 2/3rds of the way though the season now. We are running out of time to think its okay to keep being inconsistent. 

Sure - but we are without our two best defensive Mids and potentially our best Centre half, not to mention our two best attackers from the first half of the season.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done you've listed the three promoted sides. Not the three sides in the relegation zone though

Youve deliberately missed my point what has been the highest league position of any one if those 3 teams and for how many weeks did they keep it why are so many folks getting their knickers in a twist over the fact we must get automatic promotion

You can score as many goals as you want but if you can't defend it's for nothing. Also we are over 2/3rds of the way though the season now. We are running out of time to think its okay to keep being inconsistent.

We need to stop babbling on about 'clean sheet' objectives and all that. It's a bit daft especially when you don't have top defensive defenders. We'd be better off giving our defenders attacking objectives, since apart from Bucko they are all relatively attack minded. We look daft when we ship 3 goals to a team like Rotherham, and 2 goals to a weak team like Forest. 

Really, really pissed off.

Why do we repeatedly play Ward?

Why did we drop Shotton when we was keeping clean sheets with him in the team?

Why do our defence repeatedly make stupid mistakes over and over again?

Why are Hughes and Grant (despite tonight) the only players contracted to the club who are contributing in a promotion chasing manner?

Why can't we perform when it matters most?

Very frustrated.

Youve deliberately missed my point what has been the highest league position of any one if those 3 teams and for how many weeks did they keep it why are so many folks getting their knickers in a twist over the fact we must get automatic promotion

Why play in this league if you don't want to get promoted.

You may be content to be close every season but I'd take 17th in the PL every season over 3rd in the Championship without ever going up every season.

Third goal was never his fault. Mascarell and Keogh

At the same time, you can't excuse a keeper getting beat when the ball is played straight at him. It's always difficult to place blame on a keeper when a shot is made, but he should have saved that with no fuss. 

Why play in this league if you don't want to get promoted.

You may be content to be close every season but I'd take 17th in the PL every season over 3rd in the Championship without ever going up every season.

Im not content the frenzy that's bring whipped up on here though when it dawns that we aren't nailed on automatic promotion certainties is quite amazing

Im not content the frenzy that's bring whipped up on here though when it dawns that we aren't nailed on automatic promotion certainties is quite amazing

Nobody thinks we are. If we were we would have pulled ahead already & wins would probably bring less excitement, as would defeats bring less despair.

Have you studied the goals we conceded tonight ?

Why Keogh to be dropped ? You rate Bucko higher ?

And .....most pertinently do you actually think (as in you will bet me money) that McClaren will drop Keogh this Saturday........

Do you think you know more about team selection than McClaren ?

Obviously do not consider myself to be more knowledgable than Steve, but we have problems at the back ,you don't win anything by conceding three goals espescially against teams at the opposite end of the table .They are there for a reason and I cant remember them scoring 3 against any one else this season. My point is we shouldn't be leaking goals against teams of this calibre, the squad appears to be moving in the right direction but players of Ward and Keogh are week links. Am not intrested in what bornmouth or middlesborough do ,its all about how we play and perform. No matter how well are forwards have performed tonight they wont be getting us out of the crap if we concede 3 against premiership teams .You say we wont have the same players next season .Well on that assumption we will be okay if we go up then ,on your assumption most of the squad will have gone and I assume Sam and the board have a few 100 million to spare,if indeed we can entice players of such a quality to grace our presence.

Grant 5

Christie 4

Keogh 6

Buxton 6

Forysth 8

Mascarrell 6

Hughes 7

Hendrick 6

Ward 5

Bent 6

Ince 9

Bryson 7

Lingard 8

Dawkins 7

Been waiting for someone sensible to post, who actually saw the game. Seems to me like the pattern of our season again with 7 or 8 players doing well, but 2 or 3 poor performers, with poor individual mistakes thrown in tonight. Ward and Christie are off the boil, and therefore should feature less over the next few games, and we need Albentosa to claim his position at the heart of our defence. Still no point rushing Thorne into action.

1 point away from home is fine. No panic. Win your home games, draw your away ones. I think I will sleep ok. Never really expected us to win the league in Feb.

Archived