AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full expect same 11 as Bolton. Wardy would be the only player to drop out but with JR still out he's our best option.

Key to the night is a solid back 4 to repel their full-backs who bomb on. Would expect our formation to resemble 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3.

If our middle trio can replicate Saturday and the boy Ince kick on we have every chance.

Worst comes to worse my calcs before saturday predicted that with a run in of 12-3-3 would give us 93 pts which is promotion. Even with defeat on Tues its still in our hands and a further 11 wins from 16 will nail it. Achievable.

I kind of expect us to lose, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we ended up winning.

Having Tom Ince as an added goal threat certainly helps.

But we have nothing to fear. We've played bad in some games (Boro, Forest) but we've also been excellent in others (Watford, Birmingham) and a performance in the mould of the latter will probably be enough to beat them,

Bournemouth have been excellent this season, but they are not playing a team of our standard every week.

I think one set of fans could be in for a bit of a shock. Hope it's theirs.

This could be an incredibly dull 0-0, few sort of chances but both teams to scared to lose 

or

This could be a monster of game, we could 4-0 up after 30 minutes, then pegged back to 4-4 at HT then they go 8-4 up after 60 mins only for us to get even to 8-8 after 85 mins. During the game, seven red cards are given out, Eric Steele nuts Eddie Howe. Then in the 89th minute, Bournemouth get a dodgy penalty, conspiracy theorists have there tin foil hats firmly on as Wilson steps up to take against stand in keeper Jake Buxton, Grant and Roos had already been sent off. He saves majestically one handed, as only Bucko could, before punting it down field straight into the top corner and we win 9-8. After this match both teams are docked 20pts for being unable to control our players and neither of us get promoted.

I thought Lingard may play this one since he played RWB for United. Now, I know it sounds daft but as someone else pointed out Shotton and Keogh was the partnership last time and it worked really well as Bournemouth only had five shots on the night - just two on target. 

If Shotton moves to centre back and we play Christie at right back then Lingard is able to play that defensive role alongside Christie so we don't get punished for having an attack minded full back on the pitch. 

Either way, I thought Ward looked dead on his feet on Saturday so I'm not sure how spritely he would look against Bournemouth and Lingard can do that role, with the defensive side as shown. Wilson's pace is something we completely killed last time so I would hope that it can be done again. 

Archived