Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

BTW as a veteran Rams fan I wish to point out that the "Shoot" football annual 1975 referred to Derby as "unfashionable" when they won the League Championship for the second time in three years.

Nothing is unachievable in the beautiful game. It's just a lot more difficult with some of the monopoly money in top flight football now!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And too busy for pick on anyone English grammar etc... :rolleyes:

I don't know why people have to be bitchy about other clubs. Do you do it in other parts of your life too?

Personally, I'm too busy loving my own family to slag off someone else's. So too with football clubs.

Hi ho all!

Boscombe fan here; I come in peace but I'm happy to give as good as I get. ;)

Bit late to this thread, but it makes some good reading.

A fair amount of rubbish posted about us by a couple of posters; but at least, unlike Brighton, you don't claim to have all the inside information on our finances and dodgy dealings.

Also a lot of well thought out stuff for many of you, which just goes to show that every board has its brainles pillocks but most are rational human beings.

As for AFCB?

I think the hardcore of supporters, the 4,000 odd who've been there week after week for decades, know that we're overacheiving.

Much of that is down to Howe, but just as much is down to our owner and his money.

Neither will last.

This season is crucial to us; one brief season in the Premiership should set us on a reasonable financial footing for a few years, which is something we haven't had for decades.

I'd just like to apologise on behalf of AFCB and its supporters for the club bringing a multi millionaire onto our board and giving him control of the club, I fully realise that there isn't another football league club that would have sunk so low.

Don't get too wound up about AFCB, we're just having our day in the sun; it's only taken a hundred years.

BTW, our vital bournemouth site is the best used forum if you want to say hello.

I thought that your day in the sun was when Ted MacDougall scored 9 against Margate.

;)

I for one think some are taking this quote and perhaps other things Cherries fans have posted,way too seriously.

I for one do not really give a **** tbh what other teams think for the most part.Imo Bournemouth are a pretty good team and are on an upward trajectory no question;we clearly are as well.

I am quite sure they have their fair share of knob fans just as any football club does;that is just the way it is and really applies to any sport.

We control our own destiny,as does Bournemouth.Our match at their place will obviously be huge,but on the flip side will not totally derail either teams season as well imo regardless of the result.

I say let other teams talk **** or make stupid comments,that's their problem.People talk trash about Carolina basketball all the time and I just laugh it off as most of it is said out of pure jealousy.

In the end,I feel very confident we both will get promoted.

I for one think some are taking this quote and perhaps other things Cherries fans have posted,way too seriously.

I for one do not really give a **** tbh what other teams think for the most part.Imo Bournemouth are a pretty good team and are on an upward trajectory no question;we clearly are as well.

I am quite sure they have their fair share of knob fans just as any football club does;that is just the way it is and really applies to any sport.

We control our own destiny,as does Bournemouth.Our match at their place will obviously be huge,but on the flip side will not totally derail either teams season as well imo regardless of the result.

I say let other teams talk **** or make stupid comments,that's their problem.People talk trash about Carolina basketball all the time and I just laugh it off as most of it is said out of pure jealousy.

In the end,I feel very confident we both will get promoted.

The internet's full of things being taken out of context. I sometimes look at forums of the teams around us to see what they think of the Mighty Rams, and the Bournemouth lot are all right. They generally respect us for our football and approach, whcih they feel is similar. Ipswich are envious of our money, but again accept that we have bigger earning power. It's the Boro fans I'm not keen on, who seem certain they're the best team in the league and are bound to get promoted. And are foolishly dismissive of us.

I think it would be a great advert for the Championship if Derby and Bournemouth could go up as first and second (in that order!).

Hi ho all!

Boscombe fan here; I come in peace but I'm happy to give as good as I get. ;)

Bit late to this thread, but it makes some good reading.

A fair amount of rubbish posted about us by a couple of posters; but at least, unlike Brighton, you don't claim to have all the inside information on our finances and dodgy dealings.

Also a lot of well thought out stuff for many of you, which just goes to show that every board has its brainles pillocks but most are rational human beings.

As for AFCB?

I think the hardcore of supporters, the 4,000 odd who've been there week after week for decades, know that we're overacheiving.

Much of that is down to Howe, but just as much is down to our owner and his money.

Neither will last.

This season is crucial to us; one brief season in the Premiership should set us on a reasonable financial footing for a few years, which is something we haven't had for decades.

I'd just like to apologise on behalf of AFCB and its supporters for the club bringing a multi millionaire onto our board and giving him control of the club, I fully realise that there isn't another football league club that would have sunk so low.

Don't get too wound up about AFCB, we're just having our day in the sun; it's only taken a hundred years.

BTW, our vital bournemouth site is the best used forum if you want to say hello.

Don't think anybody sensible really started moaning about Bournemouth's team, money or transfer dealings. We simply responded to a couple of posts about us splashing the cash.

Maybe we are in comparison to some clubs. But I know that Bournemouth isn't one of those clubs. So they can't really call us for anything. That's it.

We've not complained about what you do with your money. Just defended ourselves.

If you have a good team, a good manager and a bit of financial muscle then why do your fans and the media keep playing Bournemouth as the small club.

Because you have a small stadium? So what? What difference does that make? It's as irrelevant as what league you were in 10 years ago.

The internet's full of things being taken out of context. I sometimes look at forums of the teams around us to see what they think of the Mighty Rams, and the Bournemouth lot are all right. They generally respect us for our football and approach, whcih they feel is similar. Ipswich are envious of our money, but again accept that we have bigger earning power. It's the Boro fans I'm not keen on, who seem certain they're the best team in the league and are bound to get promoted. And are foolishly dismissive of us.

I think it would be a great advert for the Championship if Derby and Bournemouth could go up as first and second (in that order!).

Some good points Carl.

I think all that narked people off is the idea that we've been buying the league.

Yes the fiances have been a bit more free than the Nigel years, but it's by no means exceptional spending. Thing is, our current success is based on long years of building and the lazy "buying it" attitude dismisses a lot of good work over a long period. 

Fans get annoyed with misconceptions of their club, but I don't think on the whole we have anything against AFCB at all except an important league match.

Chill and best of luck against people who aint us.

Not really sure what's going on here.

But it's largely annoying how the media/Eddie Howe/Bournemouth fans (some) keep playing up the plucky little club card.

They're an excellent Championship side with a quality squad and clear finances to take them to the next level.

There is nothing 'small' (however irrelevant that is) about it. Who cares where tey were 10 years ago or how many people they can fit inside their building? I wish they'd stop making it out to be some sort of miracle.

There is very little in difference between us and Bournemouth. We've both been building over the past few years, we've both got excellent teams and we're both in a position to pay a little extra to make the final push count.

But ickle titsy Bournemouth blah blah blah

But it's largely annoying how the media/Eddie Howe/Bournemouth fans (some) keep playing up the plucky little club card.

They're an excellent Championship side with a quality squad and clear finances to take them to the next level.

There is nothing 'small' (however irrelevant that is) about it. Who cares where tey were 10 years ago or how many people they can fit inside their building? I wish they'd stop making it out to be some sort of miracle.

There is very little in difference between us and Bournemouth. We've both been building over the past few years, we've both got excellent teams and we're both in a position to pay a little extra to make the final push count.

In terms of playing squad we are close, but apart from that we are streets above Bournemouth.

They get below 10k attendances, with a stadium that only holds 12k, their academy is only Category 3, which has major implications in producing young players and their training complex is nowhere near the quality of ours.

A well run club, absolutely, but our infrastructure is on another level.

There slating tom ince know , there's a few posts on there about us, they must be obsessed, up untill a few year ago I'd never heard of Bournemouth! .

Lol I saw that and laughed so loud of their posts. Obseesion.

Bournemouth are irrelevant, they won't stay the course.

I'd be far more concerned with Middlesborough, and to a lesser extent Ipswich. I'd hope that we pull away from Ipswich, but Middlesborough will be right up there come the end of the season. Top two IMO.

In terms of playing squad we are close, but apart from that we are streets above Bournemouth.

They get below 10k attendances, with a stadium that only holds 12k, their academy is only Category 3, which has major implications in producing young players and their training complex is nowhere near the quality of ours.

A well run club, absolutely, but our infrastructure is on another level.

We shouldnt belittle them as they have done so well to get to where they are. I know most neutrals want them and brentford up in to the Premier but that is only so as to guarantee 12 pts against both sides next season.

My stance is that they will defo stay the course and it will be a straight battle for second between us and them with Boro up as champs. Does make you wonder where they stand on FFP unless their players are on 5k a week tops......hmm i think not somehow.

Agree entirely.

Archived