Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes most of us are level headed, I guess having come from a low base on starting with -17 pts in the 4th division just a few seasons ago, after administration, we have kept our feet on the ground. Although, I agree, our squad is fantastic, success has come fast and our ground and fanbase is miles behind clubs like Derby. Derby are set up for a return to top flight football, for us it could be scary in terms of have we the infrastructure etc. to manage being in the top flight for the first time in our history. Lets hope for a cracking game tonight and thanks for having me on your forum without looking down on us with contempt like some fans of so called big championship clubs.

100% agree. Enjoy tonight (just not too much!)

Maybe so... but your premise is wrong... from the last 10 games the following points have been gained:

B'mouth: 24

Derby: 22

Boro: 23

So we're currently 3rd on form basis... But we're ALL in better form than we have been the season as a whole (22 from 10 is PPG of 2.2 where 57 from 29 is PPG of 1.96)

SO this means IF we're judging progress for the rest of the season on form... we will finish as:

B'mouth: 98

Derby: 95

Boro: 95

HOWEVER I don't think we will all maintain the same form for the rest of the season... I think we'll do better than they do for the rest of the season...

Just pointing out that we shouldn't be celebrating our form just yet...

Can you do a graph?

Yes most of us are level headed, I guess having come from a low base on starting with -17 pts in the 4th division just a few seasons ago, after administration, we have kept our feet on the ground. Although, I agree, our squad is fantastic, success has come fast and our ground and fanbase is miles behind clubs like Derby. Derby are set up for a return to top flight football, for us it could be scary in terms of have we the infrastructure etc. to manage being in the top flight for the first time in our history. Lets hope for a cracking game tonight and thanks for having me on your forum without looking down on us with contempt like some fans of so called big championship clubs.

No problem my friend. Proper clubs don't need to look down like some of these "wannabes". All the best to you after tonight. I fully expect us both to be in the Premier League next season.

Where are the forum police? Surely this should be moved to the 'The view from the outside' thread?

report this via the report feature .

Start your comment with "dear Divo"

You won't have any further problems with the forum after that, I promise.

Maybe so... but your premise is wrong... from the last 10 games the following points have been gained:

B'mouth: 24

Derby: 22

Boro: 23

So we're currently 3rd on form basis... But we're ALL in better form than we have been the season as a whole (22 from 10 is PPG of 2.2 where 57 from 29 is PPG of 1.96)

SO this means IF we're judging progress for the rest of the season on form... we will finish as:

B'mouth: 98

Derby: 95

Boro: 95

HOWEVER I don't think we will all maintain the same form for the rest of the season... I think we'll do better than they do for the rest of the season...

Just pointing out that we shouldn't be celebrating our form just yet...

Agree with all this the most points a team finishing 2nd has ever got was burnnley last year with 93 points. So chances of a team finishing 3rd with 95 points is pretty close to zero I would say.

Something has to give, and I don't think whoever loses tonight will show anything about that. We have lots more winnable games to come, and I don't see us slipping from current 2 points a game average or thereabouts.

Agree with all this the most points a team finishing 2nd has ever got was burnnley last year with 93 points. So chances of a team finishing 3rd with 95 points is pretty close to zero I would say.

Something has to give, and I don't think whoever loses tonight will show anything about that. We have lots more winnable games to come, and I don't see us slipping from current 2 points a game average or thereabouts.

Just give in to the despair I've adopted... I'm currently convinced relegation may still be on the cards... It makes any positive steps all the more bearable...

Archived