Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

There slating tom ince know , there's a few posts on there about us, they must be obsessed, up untill a few year ago I'd never heard of Bournemouth! .

And a thread about which set of fans are most jealous of them. We're on the list now as some of us objected to them of all people accusing us of trying to buy the league. And apparently we don't get irony?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a thread about which set of fans are most jealous of them. We're on the list now as some of us objected to them of all people accusing us of trying to buy the league. And apparently we don't get irony?

Don't get me wrong, Bournemouth have done incredibly well and I expect them to go up, but there fans do suffer from small man syndrome. They have a passive aggressive attitude and the more success they have the harder it is for them to contain themselves.

Don't get me wrong, Bournemouth have done incredibly well and I expect them to go up, but there fans do suffer from small man syndrome. They have a passive aggressive attitude and the more success they have the harder it is for them to contain themselves.

Is it really possible to extrapolate a generalisation based upon the incoherent utterances of half a dozen people on a message board?

Is it really possible to extrapolate a generalisation based upon the incoherent utterances of half a dozen people on a message board?

No you're right Eddie

Personally I for one am not condemning all Bournemouth fans and I like the team itself. But the Scarlet Pimpernels right about those on the boards at least and if he knows a few personally...

I think back to the aggro between Derby and Burnley fans last season when up til then there was no history between the two sides to my knocklodge . And I can see something similar happening if there's any controversies on Tuesday.

Its a bit of extra spice I guess. Sod it I'm going with it. Booooo Bournemouth you ickle conspiratorial barstewards

No you're right Eddie

Personally I for one am not condemning all Bournemouth fans and I like the team itself. But the Scarlet Pimpernels right about those on the boards at least and if he knows a few personally...

I think back to the aggro between Derby and Burnley fans last season when up til then there was no history between the two sides to my knocklodge . And I can see something similar happening if there's any controversies on Tuesday.

Its a bit of extra spice I guess. Sod it I'm going with it. Booooo Bournemouth you ickle conspiratorial barstewards

I discovered I knew a Bournemouth fan last weekend (as in I already knew the guy, but didn't realise he supported Bournemouth - nor did he know I was a Derby fan).

It was all very friendly and jovial until the topic turned to Miles Addison - then he became very embittered about how we'd "saddled them with one of the worst footballers to ever grace Dean Court". Couldn't quite believe it myself - considering how good he use to look for us. 

I discovered I knew a Bournemouth fan last weekend (as in I already knew the guy, but didn't realise he supported Bournemouth - nor did he know I was a Derby fan).

It was all very friendly and jovial until the topic turned to Miles Anderson - then he became very embittered about how we'd "saddled them with one of the worst footballers to ever grace Dean Court". Couldn't quite believe it myself - considering how good he use to look for us.

addison.

It was all very friendly and jovial until the topic turned to Miles Addison - then he became very embittered about how we'd "saddled them with one of the worst footballers to ever grace Dean Court". Couldn't quite believe it myself - considering how good he use to look for us.

Just realised he's still there!

I think Addison and Nyatanga's problem was they just weren't good enough and never improved. People seem to think that all young players get better when actually more don't improve. Addison tried hard and put himself around in a poor team but he wasn't a good footballer, his 2nd touch was always a tackle. Nyatanga was the opposite, good technique but was never a good defender which is a bit of an issue as a centre half

Apparently he (Miles) was just too big (muscle-wise) and it was affecting his mobility

I have that problem.

(there is a muscle called 'beer gut', isn't there?)

Bournemouth is difficult one. I don't mind them doing well, I just don't fancy those Russian oligarch's at all.

Russian way is to lead their club may be better than the Arab way, but the way they got their money....just gives shivers.

Archived