Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had revenue from the Play offs to spend in the summer. We did. Our attendances are up this season and we have had runs in both cups. A match on TV and still in the FA cup. Chelsea was a sell out. Combined FA cup close to 50,000 with another match around the corner at home in the FA cup. Yet we have barley spent anything on transfer fees since Thorne. Our activity for this season has been sensational. 

Didn't Dawkins go off injured on Saturday? That's 3 of 4 wingers down in the space of two weeks. We're just bringing our numbers back up to scratch. With everybody fit the initial reaction is to think that we're top heavy on wingers but I'd imagine that the Forest game would have highlighted to McClaren the importance of Hughes and he now sees Dawkins as a natural back-up for him.

Two runners - Bryson & Hendrick

Two dictators - Hughes & Dawkins

Four wingers - Ward, Russell, Ince & Lingard

Buying success? We're doing the sensible thing in such circumstances. They're welcome to be 'pure' though and if ever Ritchie and Pugh get injured replace them internally :rolleyes:

I remember how the playoff final was billed as the good guys versus the bad guys. Now we've turned into QPR cos we signed a few players on loan and a defender for half a million quid? Wow

Crazy init... Fk them... They'll slide down after next week. lol Just looked Brentford forum and Watford nothing about us on there.

Didn't Dawkins go off injured on Saturday? That's 3 of 4 wingers down in the space of two weeks. We're just bringing our numbers back up to scratch. With everybody fit the initial reaction is to think that we're top heavy on wingers but I'd imagine that the Forest game would have highlighted to McClaren the importance of Hughes and he now sees Dawkins as a natural back-up for him.

Two runners - Bryson & Hendrick

Don't think so. Well didn't looked like it from my view on Saturday though.

Didn't Dawkins go off injured on Saturday? That's 3 of 4 wingers down in the space of two weeks. We're just bringing our numbers back up to scratch. With everybody fit the initial reaction is to think that we're top heavy on wingers but I'd imagine that the Forest game would have highlighted to McClaren the importance of Hughes and he now sees Dawkins as a natural back-up for him.

Two runners - Bryson & Hendrick

Buying success? We're doing the sensible thing in such circumstances. They're welcome to be 'pure' though and if ever Ritchie and Pugh get injured replace them internally :rolleyes:

Good post. I agree on Dawkins as hughes back up due to his ability to keep control of the ball.

Don't think so. Well didn't looked like it from my view on Saturday though.

He got badly clattered about 2 minutes before he went off. I can't say that was the reason he went off though.

Straight shoutout between us and Boro now IMO. Bournemouth's lack of activity will kill them, and Ipswich were never really in it.

I could live with us, Boro and Ipswich going up. Better that than yet another pisspot club trying to buy their way to success.

Straight shoutout between us and Boro now IMO. Bournemouth's lack of activity will kill them, and Ipswich were never really in it.

I could live with us, Boro and Ipswich going up. Better that than yet another pisspot club trying to buy their way to success.

I agree, I think it'll be us, Boro & Bournemouth, hopefully in that order but it'll be close!

Although I think Ipswich will be fine for a play-off place & will be likely to miss out on autos I wouldn't say they were never in it nor are they out of it yet. A weekend of results in their favour and they'd be joint top. Their recent results have been disappointing though

Bit of a blow for them to have worked so hard to get one player for their promotion challenge ... and to have FAILED, especially after offering 5 million. Ouch!

We need Ince and Lingard to hit the ground running. If they do, then we will win the League. McClaren has thought very carefully about which players to sign. No doubt that one of Ince or Lingard might be asked to do the Hughes job at some time. Bent, Lingard, Ince, Albentosa, Warnock are all trying to get in the team. Derby County have now got more options for different  formations than they have had for decades. Could I pick the first team? I put my hand up and say that I could not. McClaren has been given exactly what he wanted and he now has an embarrassment of riches to cover any eventuality. My advice to all Derby County players is to have an excellent attitude, think promotion and take your chance when you get it. Do not knock on Steve McClaren's door and tell him that you think that you should be playing every game. We are going up for sure. COYR.

Archived