Which manager goes next? (vers1.1)

Mostyn6

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackay has actually made Wigan worse. I think Slade hasn't bothered to change Cardiff from anything but a boring percentage team either.

Kit Simmons has been rubbish at Fulham too, but at least it looks like they're trying to play the right way.

Stuart Gray at Sheff Wed isn't too popular with their fans either. He's done a good job in improving them, making them become solid - but their lack of goals and attacking play is their downfall and with new owners who knows.

But my vote goes to Bowyer at Blackburn. They rate their squad highly, but my god do they play awful long-ball stuff. They're going nowhere under him and what doesn't help is their manager is building up sme false sense of improvement - you only have to listen to his post-match comments and you'd think they've been brillant every match playing some Barca-esque one-touch football. His comments after our match at Ewood Park in particular were embarassing.

I'd quote bris but all the quote buttons have disappeared again........ffs

bowyer - i think he has done a good job. Admittedly they have slipped back a bit and looked nothing when they played us but blackburn were an absolute shambles when he took over. He's signed some decent players and at least they look like a team.

Stuart gray  seems to tread water  but had got wednesday to mid table. He's made a few decent signings - westwood and loovens; their fans rave about hutchinson but i can't see what they're excited about. The problem is a lack of strikers and the fact that altho they seem to change half the team every year they never seem to get noticeably better.

Symons - similar to bowyer - fulham were a wreck under the german ronnie corbett. Survival will have been an unlikely achievement.

Mackay - yeah i would have to agree that he has achieved nothing with wigan apart from getting dave whelan to say chinky and get himself banned from every chinese and cantonese resturant in Wigan. 

Can't look past anyone other than Mackay.  Had a quick look at their forums after they lost to Cardiff and I struggled to find anyone with a positive opinion of him.  Changing tactics/personnel from game to game and made them worse than they were under Rosler.  A few people said the only reason he hasn't gone yet is that Dave Whelan has finally succumb to senility...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived