Which manager goes next? (vers1.1)

Mostyn6

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup runs are all very nice & everything but that's over now & I would expect Clough to be in some trouble if he can't keep Sheff Utd in the playoffs as a minimum.

A fair proportion of the fans share the frustrations that we had with the playing style etc,

Wilson's record isn't that bad. He's won promotions with Barnsley and Hartlepool, did as well as could be expected in the Premiership with Wednesday, and would've taken United up a few seasons ago had his top scorer not been banged up. I think he'll struggle to find another job now though. His latest spell with Barnsley has been really poor. It's not the league position so much(they're as close to the play offs as they are to relegation), but the style of play. A lot of Barnsley fans are really demoralised and I'm not surprised he's been pushed.

The Barnsley fans got bored and stopped going. The team is just set up to be solid and hit on the odd breakaway or from a set piece. 

Went to the FA cup games and seen a few league matches, they have been generally poor but its basically a new team with a few academy lads thrown in (who dont look bad tbf) and I thought they would stick with Wilson for at least this season.

Not many fans calling for his head but the chairman has said a lack of return on his financial investment was the reason for getting rid...

If the reasons for Warburton being bombed out are true, that he's being sacked for refusing to sign some foreign players that someone else recommended, then I now hope Brentford go the way of Blackpool!

Football owners in general these days, are people that have no idea about football, but are used to being right and used to having people lick their arse. They either learn quickly that this isn't a chicken factory, or they go the way of Vincent Tan, and they alienate themselves and ruin their clubs. 

Archived