Which manager goes next? (vers1.1)

Mostyn6

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

This is like back at school with everyone huddling round two lads about to lay into each other.

When I was younger, I was one of those lads that was encouraged to fight lads bigger then me by other lads bigger than me, with a "don't worry, if he hurts you, I'll hit him" whispered in my ear.

As it happens, those egging me on, never backed me up lol

When I was younger, I was one of those lads that was encouraged to fight lads bigger then me by other lads bigger than me, with a "don't worry, if he hurts you, I'll hit him" whispered in my ear.

As it happens, those egging me on, never backed me up lol

You didn't fall for that one did you!? Daft lad. Those same lads were accepting bets from various punters on whether you'd get your face caved in or not. They couldn't jump in, they were set to make a lot of money from you getting battered :lol:

It's not his fault blame the players 

You cannot blame the players for all 6 games, who decided to change the team after arguably the best performance of the season so far at Brum? Certainly not the players!

Who decided to the  negative playing style at the start to each game? Certainly not the players !

Clements spoke about different formations a few weeks ago, having a plan B, we have not got a plan A yet!

The overall performance is down to the coach.

Purely guesswork but I do worry that our slow starts to each game is perhaps that PC is prone to focus on the opposition too much and maybe, just maybe he is getting our players to focus too much on negating them with shape and tactics and not enough on relying on them worrying about us.

The difference between the first half and second half was midfield pushing forward and tempo. Sitting back and pedestrian pace is usually aligned with playing it safe, fear of making a mistake etc.

For all his faults at the end Mac used to say "it isn't about the opposition its all about us".

Purely guesswork but I do worry that our slow starts to each game is perhaps that PC is prone to focus on the opposition too much and maybe, just maybe he is getting our players to focus too much on negating them with shape and tactics and not enough on relying on them worrying about us.

The difference between the first half and second half was midfield pushing forward and tempo. Sitting back and pedestrian pace is usually aligned with playing it safe, fear of making a mistake etc.

For all his faults at the end Mac used to say "it isn't about the opposition its all about us".

maybe its the opposite. Maybe the opposition have focussed on us and negated us with how they've set up? Half time comes and he changes things putting us on the ascendancy second half

We were mainly able to do this because we switched formation. 

maybe its the opposite. Maybe the opposition have focussed on us and negated us with how they've set up? Half time comes and he changes things putting us on the ascendancy second half

That's possible but if that's the case then he lost the tactical battle first half. Gained the initiative second half and lost it again at the end. 

We were mainly able to do this because we switched formation. 

I haven't a clue what formation we were playing either before or after the interval, and whether we changed formation after Thorne went off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived