Ipswich Town v Derby County

Day

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our manager is a cretin for letting Eustace come out for the second half. Absolutely unforgivable. He was booked early on for doing his job, he got into a squabble, he had a couple of other close calls at another yellow and he was playing the worse game of his career.  And why he insists on persisting with his position in the stands. What does he think he is achieving from there. He certainly doesn't have the control he would have if he was on the touchline. What a fool. 

And the award for the most ludicrous post of the 2014 - 2015 season goes to .........

What do I know about football? Nothing. I did not see that fantastic win coming with that team. I thought that the midfield were outstanding, showing that they can adapt to a more disciplined defensively astute role.  it first occurred to me twenty minutes in that we could win it. An extremely thick layer of icing on the cake with Bournemouth losing against Norwich and Boro only getting a draw. A dream day for the Rams. Now we hammer Florist and get at least a draw from Bournemouth and we are half way there. Woohoo!!!

Midfield absolutely solid today.

Eustace getting red was a shame... Otherwise he put a great shift again.

Hughes MoM by a country mile.

Back four defended well... Murphy didn't get a sniff really... McGoldrick what a greedy sausage trying to shoot from anywhere.

Special mention... Craig Forsyth... Solid as an ox today

I've been watching Derby since my Dad lifted me over the Normanton End turnstile at the age of five- thats forty years. I became sick to death of Derby putting themselves under pressure when a goal up many years ago.  It is endemic at the club and occurs whatever manager, team, ground we played at. I even thought it was being perpetuated by Radio Derby, who's commentators would often urge Derby to get behind the ball and defend deep to after scoring a 30th minute goal.  Eustace's exit put our backs against the wall again for the end of the game, needlessly and it was obvious to anyone that it was coming.  I'm a great fan of Eustace and if he was playing well I could perhaps understand it, but he had a poor game today.  He played most of the game today simply lost. He gave the ball away, he floated around outside the area when we were defending like a Sunday Morning U11 player. He made two complete passes all game and nipped in to steal the ball once. There was absolutely no point whatsoever him coming out for the second half when we had CB and OM on the bench. We were extremely lucky to come away with a win. That fact that we did win does not hide the poor management decision SM took to keep him on.  

I've been watching Derby since my Dad lifted me over the Normanton End turnstile at the age of five- thats forty years. I became sick to death of Derby putting themselves under pressure when a goal up many years ago. It is endemic at the club and occurs whatever manager, team, ground we played at. I even thought it was being perpetuated by Radio Derby, who's commentators would often urge Derby to get behind the ball and defend deep to after scoring a 30th minute goal. Eustace's exit put our backs against the wall again for the end of the game, needlessly and it was obvious to anyone that it was coming. I'm a great fan of Eustace and if he was playing well I could perhaps understand it, but he had a poor game today. He played most of the game today simply lost. He gave the ball away, he floated around outside the area when we were defending like a Sunday Morning U11 player. He made two complete passes all game and nipped in to steal the ball once. There was absolutely no point whatsoever him coming out for the second half when we had CB and OM on the bench. We were extremely lucky to come away with a win. That fact that we did win does not hide the poor management decision SM took to keep him on.

your a gump.

Eustace was solid today, and has been for the past few matches.

But before we all start the love-in let's just remember that we struggled with him in the side earlier in the season as the play was too slow and Mascarell coming in for the 5-0 win over Wolves after the poor Wigan display gave the whole side a lift.

We don't have a best XI. Some players will have off days, whereas others will come in and do well.

Ibe was naff for a few games, Dawkins came in and did well. Then he dropped a level and Ibe came back in and did the business.

Same can apply for Shotton/Buxton, Bryson/Hendrick and of course Eustace/Mascarell.

We'll keep going and when inevitably one of our players drops off form we will replace him with a fresher player who is hungry to do the business.

Great 3 points and great day with results going our way , thought will was as good as Christie was awful today and looking forward to next week now , we are the best team in this league and having tightened up at the back absolute certainty to go up , and if Ipswich are contenders oh dear

I've been watching Derby since my Dad lifted me over the Normanton End turnstile at the age of five- thats forty years. I became sick to death of Derby putting themselves under pressure when a goal up many years ago.  It is endemic at the club and occurs whatever manager, team, ground we played at. I even thought it was being perpetuated by Radio Derby, who's commentators would often urge Derby to get behind the ball and defend deep to after scoring a 30th minute goal.  Eustace's exit put our backs against the wall again for the end of the game, needlessly and it was obvious to anyone that it was coming.  I'm a great fan of Eustace and if he was playing well I could perhaps understand it, but he had a poor game today.  He played most of the game today simply lost. He gave the ball away, he floated around outside the area when we were defending like a Sunday Morning U11 player. He made two complete passes all game and nipped in to steal the ball once. There was absolutely no point whatsoever him coming out for the second half when we had CB and OM on the bench. We were extremely lucky to come away with a win. That fact that we did win does not hide the poor management decision SM took to keep him on.  

Cobblers, borderline troll material. Are you NottsRam in disguise?

Archived