Ipswich Town v Derby County

Day

Surprisingly, both Sky Sports Score Centre and BBC Sport have Ipswich down as having the most possession. As Sky were showing possession we had about 60% to their 40% every time they showed the stat.

End of the game possession stats:

Sky Sports - Ipswich 54% Derby 46%

BBC - 52% to 48%

Not much in it but still thought we had more of the ball.

It was at half time but I guess it changed after we took the lead and especially after we went down to 10 men.

Anyway we won on goals so that's that.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that bothered about the handball decision.

A bigger decision was not to send Eustace off before HT. That was a game changer. The penalty appeal wasn't why Ipswich lost.

Not surprised the FLS didn't show more Derby chances because we barely got any.

We showed another side to our game that not many people thought we had in us. But we weren't that good on the ball. Most the good stuff was entirely down to Hughes.

Wasn't a pretty game. Wasn't one of our best performances. It was just a big win.

Like I said, we played good exciting stuff here last season and lost.

But we were ugly for the first 15 yesterday, then Hughes settled us. Then we were under pressure in the opening of the second half. We scored, had another spell and then began to sit deeper and deeper.

Not criticising really as I already know we're a quality side. But it wasn't a quality game and we didn't create much.

The goal was a hoof.

The possession and passing stats tell you the sort of game it was. Ipswich don't boss anyone. They average below 50% for the season. They're strong in the air so I'm not sure why Buxton, Eustace, Forsyth and Martin wanted the ball in the air at every opportunity for the opening stages. 3 of them are leaders!! And some passes going out for throws were awful

Forgettable game. Unique performance. Massive result.

Get back to what we do best on Saturday. Sometimes you have to get ugly. Ipswich away was such a time. The "highlights" were a couple of long ranges and a hoof goal.

Hughes was a standout. Pure class. I hope McClaren doesn't leave out a fit Hughes again. Drives me crazy when he does. He might not grab headlines every week and he can be bullied. But for every bad game there's an outstanding one. His average game is a guy that's a dream teammate.

Forsyth- 6                 Solid defensively but distribution was poor again.

Yorkshire, my friend you are wrong.

There have been times this season, particularly against Middlesborough, when I have in my plastic cavern called Forsyth all the names under the sun. Yesterday I can't remember him kicking the ball inadvertently into touch, nor more than a couple of times not finding his intended pass. I do remember him winning all his important battles. He played well against Brum, he played well against Leeds and he took it up a notch yesterday. I would like some cover, but if he plays like that for the remainder of the season the boy would have done good.

Yorkshire, my friend you are wrong.

There have been times this season, particularly against Middlesborough, when I have in my plastic cavern called Forsyth all the names under the sun. Yesterday I can't remember him kicking the ball inadvertently into touch, nor more than a couple of times not finding his intended pass. I do remember him winning all his important battles. He played well against Brum, he played well against Leeds and he took it up a notch yesterday. I would like some cover, but if he plays like that for the remainder of the season the boy would have done good.

I might have been harsh with a 6, maybe a 7. But it was in no way a stand out performance like many we saw last season.

He got the balance perfect last season, always in the right place whether attacking or defending, this season he seems more hesitant.

He's not doing anything wrong, he's just not playing as well as he did last season...

It was brilliant win for us and Ipswich fans claiming for a penalty go and get your eyes testing done. NOT A PENALTY AT ALL CORRECT DECISION FROM THE REF AND LINEMAN.

Ipswich left back Tyrone Mings is an exceptional talent, hopefully Arsenal sign him.. Watched a number of highlights only showed Ipswich attacking !! WHat happened to Russell's run and free kick, again Russell got blocked by great defending by Ipswich, Hughes shot, IBE pull back for Hendrick followed by Christie's shot.. Our coverage was crap and that most of the time Ipswich couldn't get the ball off us..

Ipswich left back Tyrone Mings is an exceptional talent, hopefully Arsenal sign him.. Watched a number of highlights only showed Ipswich attacking !! WHat happened to Russell's run and free kick, again Russell got blocked by great defending by Ipswich, Hughes shot, IBE pull back for Hendrick followed by Christie's shot.. Our coverage was crap and that most of the time Ipswich couldn't get the ball off us..

At least claridge talked some sense but it was very odd editing by the bbc.

At least claridge talked some sense but it was very odd editing by the bbc.

Yes not often Claridge speaks any sense but he was spot on, the slow motions showed it slightly touched Keogh midriff. Hopefully that will shut McCarthy up - can't wait to see him at my golf club where he is a member. But yes the editing was odd, as I saw some other highlights and they showed some blocked shots, shots that were going nowhere - maybe the team who do the highlights are forest fans...

Yes not often Claridge speaks any sense but he was spot on, the slow motions showed it slightly touched Keogh midriff. Hopefully that will shut McCarthy up - can't wait to see him at my golf club where he is a member. But yes the editing was odd, as I saw some other highlights and they showed some blocked shots, shots that were going nowhere - maybe the team who do the highlights are forest fans...

McCarthy plays golf? I thought he might be more of a darts, skittles and greyhounds kind of guy.

I watched a bit of the game against Southampton last night - from what I saw they were truly awful.

Southampton started by playing their normal passing style, but by the end had been dragged down to Ipswich's standard.

I missed the middle 60mins as I had some paint drying, so went to watch that instead.

Archived