The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/12/2015 at 17:10, Leicester Ram said:

How much weight has Assombalonga put on, always said he should play more like Martin but he didn't have to take it literally :huh:

Hmm, you can't really tell from that picture if he's fat or if he's just been hitting the gym.

Just had a ganders at the Forest forum, they have an interesting thread called 'managing expectations'. One or two clowns still thinks they have a top two squad. 

They never learn do they? A narrow win over MK Dons and now they're top two material.

Sheffield Wednesday are another one. I was reading their forum too and apparently Fernando Forestieri is their best player since Paolo di Canio, Barry Bannan is the best midfielder in the league and their squad is the strongest in the league. I'm not kidding!

Is it a common theme when teams have been so bad for so long that delusions of grandeur begins to creep in? There is confidence, and then there is insanity.

Quite like Forestieri but how come these super strong squads are where they are? They've not even got decent goal difference. 

How come they weren't in the top places for last season?

So over summer they've been our and bought entire new squads making them the strongest in the league but have barely got a positive goal difference?

Or they haven't bought entire new squads and underachieved over the last 70 matches. 

That's a lot of underachieving. 

Would have thought over the last 20 matches a truly strong squad would have a decent GD even if they've had a handful of unlucky results 

They were both on +1 Saturday night? 

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just had a ganders at the Forest forum, they have an interesting thread called 'managing expectations'. One or two clowns still thinks they have a top two squad. 

They never learn do they? A narrow win over MK Dons and now they're top two material.

Sheffield Wednesday are another one. I was reading their forum too and apparently Fernando Forestieri is their best player since Paolo di Canio, Barry Bannan is the best midfielder in the league and their squad is the strongest in the league. I'm not kidding!

Is it a common theme when teams have been so bad for so long that delusions of grandeur begins to creep in? There is confidence, and then there is insanity.

You're not joking about Wednesday...christ... Their 'tablegazers' thread has some people looking past the playoffs already and hoping for an assault on the top two. They're that certain that the playoffs are in hand, despite the fact that they are not, and have not at any point in this season been, in the top six.

Had a glance at the "table glazers" thread of Owls Talk. Jesus Christ and to think we've had it average recently (2008-2013). There's grown men on there getting completely giddy, to the extent that it's highly likely at least a couple have wet their pants, because they're 8th. Not only that but they've been getting excited since about 10 games in. Jesus if that doesn't scream familiarity with mediocrity I don't know what does!

Forest suffer Pinillos setback

Football

Posted at11:06

Nottingham Forest left-back Daniel Pinillos is likely to miss the rest of the season after rupturing knee ligaments.

The 23-year-old Spaniard suffered the injury in Saturday's 2-1 victory over MK Dons.

Pnillos has started 19 of Forest's 22 Championship games this season after joining them from Cordoba in the summer.

Archived