The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A total of 30.1% of households that included an adult of working age were workless last year.

That beggars belief.

I live and work in the city of Nottingham, and I personally don't know of anyone who wants to work who's unemployed. The city boundaries are quite small, and include areas of real deprivation, often neighbouring prosperous areas fall outside of city boundaries, West Bridgeford for example is Rushcliffe, while the Meadows is city.

Born and bred in Derby, but given the choice no way would I move back, Westfield centre has sucked the life out of the city centre, Nottingham is a far nicer place to be, apart from the sh1te football team, obviously!

Anyone want a laugh? Read some of these corkers

We're better than our form, but without Hobbs, Reid and Cohen we aren't top two material, perhaps not even top six. Reality check everyone.

I usually agree with you Robbie but saying we're not top 6 material is absolute rubbish. We've spent a fortune over summer and easily have a squad of players capable of finishing in the top 6

On paper we've not got a top six or top two team. We have a top one team and there's no doubting that.

SoD would have gotten us up by now, I am very comfortable saying that. We played football, and as our player base improved, so would our team. SoD told Fawaz he wouldn't get us up in that first season, or it wasn't his immediate priority, and Fawaz couldn't accept that. And now here we are

What we can blame him for is his bewildering tactics last night. We should be playing flowing football the Forest way. Not hoofball like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

There's teams with lesser quality players and infinitely smaller budgets than us who are above us and playing much better football too.

We should be top 6 with this squad though, how the hell we're 5pts off 6th is ridiculous, sort it out Pearce.

Pearce took, imo a top 6 squad , improved it by spending big bucks and turned us into a mid table club that hasn't won for 10 games. 10 fuking games people. If it was anyone else majority would be outing him. Time to go Pearce

They have a few pretty good players to be fair, but you can't build Rome in a day unless you are buying Zlatans, Messis, YaYas, and Agueros ...Pearce is a goner. I still believe Nigel will take over there ... and I know there are many reasons why he wouldn't but I have the gut feeling. 

This is a fun listen: Brentford vs Forest podcast (after the game) "they were rubbish" 

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=13689

I live and work in the city of Nottingham, and I personally don't know of anyone who wants to work who's unemployed. The city boundaries are quite small, and include areas of real deprivation, often neighbouring prosperous areas fall outside of city boundaries, West Bridgeford for example is Rushcliffe, while the Meadows is city.

Born and bred in Derby, but given the choice no way would I move back, Westfield centre has sucked the life out of the city centre, Nottingham is a far nicer place to be, apart from the sh1te football team, obviously!

Born and bred in Derby, but given the choice no way would I move back, Westfield centre has sucked the life out of the city centre, Nottingham is a far nicer place to be, apart from the sh1te football team, obvious

I live in Notts and had my formative years in what I considered the best city in the country .The night life was unbeatable and it was a well kept brilliant place to go to and live in .

However it is a scruffy looking dump ,it looks run down and it is .I accept the tram works do not help but Nottingham''s obsession with being anti car will destroy it. 

A mate of mine works in Nottingham and is subject to the work place parking levy ,there are 400 employees when the lease is up they will move away .

The number of business's destroyed because of the tram works is staggering ,the terminal at Toton is no use to locals its just to get people out of their cars coming down the A52 ,its also the 4th most polluted city in the country the traffic it is that bad as they have slowed it down that much over the years.

Derby is now a far nicer place to be than Nottingham it has a far superior manufacturing base if I was going to start up a business it would be Derby not Nottingham .[i accept your point on the Westfield [intu] though. Sadlergate is picking up again thankfully.  

Love this logic. "We must be top 6 material. look how much we spent..."

It's the way Fridgy thinks too, so I'm not surprised the gump minions think the same way.

Archived