The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah with an whole team out injured

How many times have you got to be told that Billy was doing that to himself? He overtrained the players, the players get injured with stress fractures and such. The injuries weren't bad luck. A few injuries and you can put it down to luck, but that many and you have to reevaluate your training methods. Okay sure, if Billy wasn't injuring the players you might have made top 6 but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. 

I know this because we're going through the same thing now with these hip flexors popping up. Craig Bryson has been said to have picked up an "adductor" injury, just so a few people don't realise that it's the bloody hip again. The club can't pull the wool over my eyes baaaaaaaaa

Just shows you how bad our result was there, only drawing there 1-1.

What's happening there is that Pearce has lost the dressing room. He's clearly gone psycho at some of his players so he drops them and then plays players out of position. He then panics and throws them back in the game, which breeds more lack of faith in him.  So he combines his tactically ineptness (which was clear to see when we played them) with his inability to man-manage and adds in a lack of principle. Now he's lost the fans too (although they are more fickle and far less patient than Derby fans)

Back when we played them and they were top, they were relegation candidates, because in spite of those impact players they have, they had no clue what they were doing. If I were a guessing man, Pearce will be fired, Clough will get the job I bet, and he will bring some semblance of order to them, and they will be knocking on the playoff door if that happens.

Back when we played them and they were top, they were relegation candidates, because in spite of those impact players they have, they had no clue what they were doing. If I were a guessing man, Pearce will be fired, Clough will get the job I bet, and he will bring some semblance of order to them, and they will be knocking on the playoff door if that happens.

They won't go for Clough for several reasons;

1)Too many of them are still, and will always be, bitter about him managing Derby and the innocuous "them down the road" type comments.

2)The club's strategy is at odds with Clough's management style. Clough builds slowly and conservatively, Fawaz hurls money around and wants instant success.

3)Clough isn't exactly pulling up trees at United. He'll need to get them promoted before being considered by a big championship club.

4)Clough is way too stubborn to put up with Fawaz. Imagine Clough's reaction to being pressured to play two high salaried Algerians he didn't know about.

What's happening there is that Pearce has lost the dressing room. He's clearly gone psycho at some of his players so he drops them and then plays players out of position. He then panics and throws them back in the game, which breeds more lack of faith in him.  So he combines his tactically ineptness (which was clear to see when we played them) with his inability to man-manage and adds in a lack of principle. Now he's lost the fans too (although they are more fickle and far less patient than Derby fans)

I'm not sure he's lost the dressing room as such.  To me, it looks like what happened to Blackpool last season.  They started off with a solid defence, relying on 1 or 2 quality players to win them games out of nothing (Ince for Blackpool, Antonio and Assombalonga for Forest).  A few key injuries at the back, and they started conceding.  And teams twig that they just rely on a few players winning the game out of nothing so they double up on them, and they stop scoring.  All of a sudden the 2-1s, and 1-0s become 1-2s and 0-1s and they're in trouble.  They've got a much stronger bunch of players than Blackpool had, but Pearce needs to turn it around fast.

They won't go for Clough for several reasons;

1)Too many of them are still, and will always be, bitter about him managing Derby and the innocuous "them down the road" type comments.

2)The club's strategy is at odds with Clough's management style. Clough builds slowly and conservatively, Fawaz hurls money around and wants instant success.

3)Clough isn't exactly pulling up trees at United. He'll need to get them promoted before being considered by a big championship club.

4)Clough is way too stubborn to put up with Fawaz. Imagine Clough's reaction to being pressured to play two high salaried Algerians he didn't know about.

So, what you're saying is, he could take the Forest job tomorrow but if he wants a job at a Reading or Wigan then he may have to wait? 

Thought this thread would be busy :D

Imagine not half as busy as some of LTLF or Forest Vital threads though! #nffc Twitter TL looks fun today as well :)

Oh, there's a surprise. Sheep shagger thinks its the fans fault.

Stoners lads - it's yours and my fault Pearce is playing in strikers at home and Mancienne in Midfield.

But you don't give a rat's arse what we think, Dawny - you said so yourself. Surely what we think, laughing chimp notwithstanding, shouldn't be worth any sort of comment from you.

Jokes aside, I swear I read somewhere that the city ground turf was really "dense" to play on and could be the reason for all the injuries you have had over the years.

It's the City Ground crowd that's dense.

But you don't give a rat's arse what we think, Dawny - you said so yourself. Surely what we think, laughing chimp notwithstanding, shouldn't be worth any sort of comment from you.

I know how devastated you would be if I stopped commentating, remember the last time you decided to chin off the restraining order.

Archived