The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest's big problem is the fans. They have a feeling of entitlement to be a big and successful club because a genius once took them to heights that few medium sized clubs can ever dream of. They need to accept that they are members of a group of around 30 medium sized clubs (as are we) whose currently successful members inhabit the lower half of the PL and the struggling ones are fighting for a play off place in L1. Yet as soon as a manager fails to make them world-beaters after a couple of months they reckon he's the worst manager ever - although Pearce is actually a very poor manager.

Fawaz really doesn't help with his silly statements about expecting promotion. What  they need is to lower expectations, get a competent manager (I've seen Chris Hughton mentioned) and give him a couple of years without pressure or histrionics to build. The wisest thing a new manager could do would be to banish those silly stars from the shirt.

Honestly? Norwich, Cardiff.

I think our squad is as good as any of the rest.

I dont want to be too harsh , but this is by far the most ridiculous comment I've heard in a long time.

Surely you don't honestly believe that your squad is as good as ours!

I understand that to admit that would feel like treason to you, but come on....wake up!!

I can tell you now that you have 3 players that would possibly make our starting 11, thats your lot mate!!

"http://www.forestforum.co.uk/images/styles/AnimatedArena/statusicon/user-online" title="Red Dawn is online now" alt="user-online">

Join Date Jul 2009
Location Lincolnshire
Posts 5,237

"http://www.forestforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon1" title="Default" alt="icon1"> Re: Matchday 16: Notts Forest v Brentford

[indent]sausage LIFE[/indent]

Surely it's not that bad Dawnie?

I dont want to be too harsh , but this is by far the most ridiculous comment I've heard in a long time.

Surely you don't honestly believe that your squad is as good as ours!

I understand that to admit that would feel like treason to you, but come on....wake up!!

I can tell you now that you have 3 players that would possibly make our starting 11, thats your lot mate!!

In your opinion

Red Dawn[/size]

"http://www.forestforum.co.uk/images/styles/AnimatedArena/statusicon/user-online" alt="user-online">

Join Date Jul 2009

Location Lincolnshire

Posts 5,237

"http://www.forestforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon1" alt="icon1"> Re: Matchday 16: Notts Forest v Brentford

sausage LIFE

I really need to train you in how to copy and paste, that was awful

1.Grant

2.Christie

3.Cohen (Sometimes you only realise how good a player is in his absence. You've been awful since his injury)

4.Mancienne (I do like this player and think he'd benefit from playing alongside a proper centre half)

5.Keogh

6.Thorne

7.Hughes

8.Hendrick

9.Ward

10.Antonio

11.Martin

I'd possibly let fatty in the team over Hendrick for free kicks, but then I could also quite happily drop Antonio for Russell.

It's important to point out that my team is based on Derby's passing game, not Forest's kick and rush. Otherwise I'd have Assombalonga up front and might even take Hughes out of midfield because his passing game would be redundant.

1.Grant

2.Christie

3.Cohen (Sometimes you only realise how good a player is in his absence. You've been awful since his injury)

4.Mancienne (I do like this player and think he'd benefit from playing alongside a proper centre half)

5.Keogh

6.Thorne

7.Hughes

8.Hendrick

9.Ward

10.Antonio

11.Martin

I'd possibly let fatty in the team over Hendrick for free kicks, but then I could also quite happily drop Antonio for Russell.

It's important to point out that my team is based on Derby's passing game, not Forest's kick and rush. Otherwise I'd have Assombalonga up front and might even take Hughes out of midfield because his passing game would be redundant.

Agreed!!!

You say only Derby fans would share that opinion, i'd put money on the fact that the majority of neutrals would agree!!

I know deep down you dont beleive your own bull sausage mate, but fair play for trying to convince us ;)

Oh, there's a surprise. Sheep shagger thinks its the fans fault.

Stoners lads - it's yours and my fault Pearce is playing in strikers at home and Mancienne in Midfield.

For a poster that asserts on his own board that he doesn't care what Derby fans think you do spend a lot of time commenting on our collective thoughts

Last season was a poor league with Brighton getting in the play offs

We were defo better than that shi7e

This season I think there's many teams that are as good as each other. We have a manager that's shi7 so it's hard to compare. On paper we are defo imo a top 6 team

Brighton were the 6th best team in the league....better than you were.

Archived